“Nice place!”
Review of Hotel Qalasaya

Hotel Qalasaya
Ranked #29 of 64 Hotels in Puno
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I really enjoyed the days I stayed at this hotel. The people from the hotel were really friendly and willing to help. The food at the restaurant was delicious. In general if you decided to stay here you will not regret. The rooms have a wonderful view of the Titicaca lake, that is definetely a plus.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 6 June 2014

This is definitely the best hotel to stay in Puno! The staff is very friendly and helpful and the location is awesome. It is in the center of the town and easily accesible to great restaurants and sights. The rooms are very modern and incredibly clean with free bottles of water. The bathroom is also modern with awesome hot showers. The views from the room are breathtaking overlooking Lake Titicaca. The breakfast in the morning for free has great variety with also views of the lake. The top floor bar is awesome too. Overall this was the best hotel we stayed at in all of Peru!!!

Room Tip: Las habitaciones con vista al lago son las mejores.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Good prices for the quality of service, I recomended when you visit Puno Peru. The pisco sour is really good and the personal is really amazing. The service food in the Hotel is excellent and have good conditions.

Room Tip: The hotel location is excellent in the center of Puno near plaza de armas. It is close to all the re...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 May 2014

The hotel staff is friendly and helpful, the location is great, and they have a good breakfast but this hotel has some major issues. First of all it was hard to sleep from club music playing until 5am which I'm not sure if it came from the hotels bar on the 10th floor or from one of the clubs nearby, and there is also the sound of cars honking early in the morning. Another major issue was the hot water which on our first night had a yellow color which was not present on the cold water, and then when we came back on our 2nd night after our lake titicaca tour the water was no longer yellow but had a paint thinner like smell. If they were to fix those two major issues I would give them 4 stars.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Stayed at the hotel at two different dates before and after visiting Lake Titicaca. The location was good, but I did not sleep both nights due to "all night" partying out in the streets, which I subsequently found out happens all the time. Could not use my earplugs as I needed to hear my alarm for an early rise. The second night I had a visitor friend in my room and within an hour there was a knock on the door. I opened the door, the security guard kept saying something in Spanish so I went to the reception to see what that was all about. I was told that "I had paid for single room rate" and asked "was that person staying here tonight"? I was dumbfounded and considered the question complete uncalled-for and rather unprofessional for a high priced hotel. Needles to say my friend (who was staying at another hotel nearby) left shortly afterwards. The breakfast was OK and the WiFi connection was OK as well. I am an avid traveler and this was one of the worse hotel experiences. I would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank John K
Reviewed 26 November 2013

This hotel was part of our Active Adventure South America Tour. While this is a nice hotel near shopping and restaurants, trying to sleep can be difficult. We arrived mid week and the noise coming from the streets below consisted of loud music into the wee hours of the morning, like around 5 a.m. When the noise subsided, the vehicles outside started honking their horns. We had a room on the quiet side of the building the first night, but members of our group told us the following morning they never slept due to the noise. We went off on an adventure to neighboring islands and when we returned and checked in again, we had a room on the other side of the building and experienced the non sleep that others in our group experienced the first night.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room. We were there on a Wednesday and a Friday - and the partying below was the sa...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 October 2013

I had one of the most amazing sunrise as open my window, the sun was just there with spectacular light, i would like to be there again. I was at the 7 floor and this was probably one of the most remarkable moments in my life.

Room Tip: If you have a room face to the lake will be awsome.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo