All reviewstop floorgreat view of the lakerecommend this hotelcereallobbyhousekeepingperu
Reviewed 27 October 2017 via mobile

Excellent staff, beautiful view of the lake and nice cozy room. Local shopping is a plus. The town is lovely with lots of local restaurants within walking distance. I would recommend this hotel. Try it out on your trip to Peru.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Dario Arturo V, Gerente at Hotel Qalasaya, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2017

We are very happy that your stay at the hotel has been to your liking. Your opinion is very important for us and we hope to have you soon with the warmth and ambiance of always see you soon.

Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

First the very good: the front desk people were superb - among the best I've experienced worldwide. They went out of their way to be helpful and welcoming. The room itself was clean and well appointed. The lobby is also nice, and offers complementary teas.

But, there were problems. Maybe I would not criticize so much if they had not claimed a four star rating. First, our room was very noisy from music that appeared to come from a disco on their top floor. I kept expecting it to end, but it didn't until well after 1:00 am. After the first night, when I complained the next morning, they offered to move us to a lower floor (we were on the 7th and their club is on the 11th floor), but that was a little late for the first night. Fortunately, I had ear plugs.

The second problem was the included buffet breakfast: the scrambled eggs were badly stuck to the bottom of the serving bowl and after another guest scraped out what she could, there were none. I drank my weak coffee, waiting for them to bring more eggs. But nodody was managing the buffet. After ten minutes I walked into the kitchen to request eggs. They came out after another ten minutes. Further, though they had cereal, there was no milk for it. Another guest spilled some juice and an attendant didn't seem to know what to do about it. I could go on....

Our first night was a walk in ( due to a change of plans and our previous hotel being fully booked) and they charged us the rack rate posted at the desk: $95 US. Since they claimed four stars, I figured it was a good rate. Though I was booking two nights, I only paid for the first nigh up front. Twenty minutes later it occurred to me to check the rates in TripAdvisor and discovered a rate of $45 US so I got that rate for the second night through TripAdvisor. They said that by hotel rules they were not allowed to give me the lower rate unless I went through TripAdvisor. I recount this in order to note that, despite the problems cited above, this hotel is a good deal if you get the lower rate AND either use earplugs or get a room on the lowest two or three floors.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Dario Arturo V, Gerente at Hotel Qalasaya, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2017

We appreciate your suggestions and that your stay has been good waiting to have them again with the observations made but our hotel gives a good service unfortunately external things always give a see you soon

Reviewed 28 June 2017

We stayed at this hotel and the most interesting thing was the service provided by the staff especially the bellman Magno, very good location and the spectacular view of titicaca Lake, the food really delicious and the rooms comfortable.

Room Tip: I recommend the rooms with lake view
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Dario Arturo V, Gerente at Hotel Qalasaya, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2017

We are very happy than your stay at the hotel and atention has been of your pleasure we hope to have you ready with the quality and amazility of ever.

Reviewed 22 June 2017

The room was very confortable whit a heater, is located in the center of the city near to pedestrian lima street, there are a lot of stores, restaurants and bars for different kind of people. The staff was very very friendly and warm.

Room Tip: I recommend the rooms on the high floors
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
Dario Arturo V, Gerente at Hotel Qalasaya, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2017

We thank you for your stay has been to your liking and that you have enjoyed the services of the hotel we hope soon with the quality and kindness of always

Reviewed 17 April 2017

We were given a room on the upper floors of the hotel, which offered a superb view over the lake. The room was warm and comfortable, The breakfast room is on the top floor, so also has good views and the breakfast was good. We had an early morning 6am start when leaving Puno and the breakfast was ready in time.Tea (including coca tea) is available all day. Wi=fi is freely available. Puno is not the nicest of cities, but the hotel is perfectly placed for the pedestrian area.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank tigger38
QALASAYA, Gerente at Hotel Qalasaya, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2017

We are happy that your stay at the hotel has been to your liking we hope your opinion is very important to improve and always give a quality service