“A nice surprise”

Ranked #39 of 67 Hotels in Puno
Melbourne
“A nice surprise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2012

After booking another hotel which unfortunately messed up our booking we had to find somewhere else to stay quickly when we arrived to Puno in the evening. Through booking.com we found this place. When we arrived the staff were friendly and accommodating. The room was warm compared to everywhere else we have been at altitude, much newer building than most other places in sth America in this price range. The shower was hot with decent pressure! Very clean, breakfast fine. Great value and only 3 blocks from main square. Highly recommended.

• Stayed June 2012
8 Thank SophCMelbourne

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Logan, Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2011

Good value in the midrange price zone, with one of the best view in Puno, new building and furnitures, nice, luminous breakfast area, and rooms for parties of 3-4 available. English is spoken. x

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
10 Thank gp33
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2011

La casa de manuelita or manuelita inn. I was positively surprised about the quality of the rooms and the service. The hotel seems to be a "new" one since taxis from the bus terminal had no idea were to go (usually they know the hotels in the heart of the city) but manuelita is not that central. Nevertheless only 3 bs.with the taxi from plaza d armas. It is recommended to take a lil map of puno with you in order to show the to the taxi driver.. Service was great! Warm welcome and water, tea and coffee was incl. Recommendations and reservation for tours incl as well (day-trip to uroisles and taquile for 60bs.transport and lunch incl). Triple room for 32usd.was okay. wifi was also incl of course!:-) all in all good! Can recommend it

• Stayed December 2011
12 Thank Airenee
Quebec City, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2011

We arrived( cuz two other people in the same bus were booked there too ) to a door with 3 locks on it indicating to us we were not in a nice neighborhood. The confusion was total giving me a big room and the tandem father/daughter that arrived with me a super small one. After figuring out what happened I offered them my room and vice versa cuz it was only the good thing to do but we figured we did have only two towels for the 3 of us so we had to ask for another one. After all the switching and confusion I opened my Iphone and saw that there was a network called casa manuelita. Go back downstairs to ask the password and the lady doing all she could to not understand me finally says no wifi here no wifi only ( and she bends to get an rj45 cable from behind the counter ) asking me if I wanted it. I showed her on my phone the network and she says oh no that's not ours!!! Going back to my room, someone is sitting in the stairs with his macbook and I ask him wifi? he says si. I ask from here? he says si and I ask him for the password which he gives me!!!

The next day we go for an excursion on Lake Titiqaqa and I get down for the breakfast that was included in my room. The same grumpy lady as the evening before is there. I ask in a correct spanish what are the possibilities and she does not want to answer me so I ask for eggs : no, french toasts : no, cereals : no, so fed up, I point at the bread say 2 slices and point at the marmelade. She gives me 2 slices of bread and about as big as a quarter of marmelade. Now I had enough and the steam is making it's way up so I take the plate with the marmelade and sends it back on the counter fixing her intensly my eyes saying stop pissing me off or I'll get over and serve myself. She puts a correct quantity on the plate and I do myself a very sad marmelade sandwich.

We go on this excursion and sped the night on Amantanni island and return the next day. We don't have the same rooms anymore. Mine has cable but no tv, the room is directly on the staircase with only a glass separating the two and the toilet is dripping from the bottom so all the floor is wet and getting weter!!! I go get the lady ( always the same two seems like there is no other employees there and shows the floor to her. She comes back with a towel and sponges about half of it and says it's ok now!!! NO, IT'S NOT!!! I ask to be changed of rooms and after a long debate they put me in the same kind of room two levels higher!!!

The neighborhood is dodgy, you'll always have to take taxis, the staff which is two grumpy ladies don't care and don' do any effort at all to accomodate you and the price list I saw ( cuz I don't actually know how much I paid being part of a package deal ) were ridiculous so, in resume : just don't go there... ever!!!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
8 Thank doumdoum1976
Seoul, South Korea
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2011

It was a very nice stay at La Manuelita. What A Beautiful Service! When I arrived in at the midnight, the staff provided me with a nice hot cup of coca tea and an amazing accomodation! I was happy to stay at this place. The breakfast was nice, internet was good but a bit slow, and amazing and friendly people!!! Highly recommended! (At night it gets really cold, make sure you have warm clothes to sleep in)

• Stayed February 2011, travelled solo
8 Thank KHLEE88
Panama City, Panama
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2011

Safe, clean and great staff. Casa Manuelita was a pleasure to stay at. Its location is good (though it's a little uphill walk back from town). I recommend a stay there to anyone.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple