First impressions were of the location on an island accessed via a causeway with a manned security boomgate. Then I noticed the dozen or Llama contently grazing on the front lawns of the hotel. Idyllic!
Our superior room was on the fourth floor - smallish compared to our other recent hotel rooms but this was more than compensated for by the absolutely stunning full wall glass window view over Lake Titicacca. We were situated on the front side of the hotel - sunset side. The ground or lobby floor boasts extensive lounges and bar areas. Reception are pleasant and helpful but don't seem to have very good English skills.
Only downside was the weak internet - best signal in the room is in the bathroom and even then pictures would not send.
Buffett breakfasts included a wide variety of both hot and cold foods and very attentive waiters.
Beautifully decorated lobby area. A lot of children were staying at the hotel during our two days and they were not always kept under control by parents - running down halls and screeching in the dining room . Destroyed what could have been a very peaceful time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Libertador Lake Titicaca is the only 5-star hotel in the area and sitsatop private Esteves Island. From anywhere in the hotel, guestswill marvel at outstanding sun rises and sun sets since each roomcommands a spectacular view of the lake. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Prestigia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Libertador Lake Titicaca reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Libertador Lake Titicaca Hotel Puno
- Libertador Lago Titicaca Hotel Puno
- Puno Libertador Lago Titicaca