We enjoyed our 2 night stay here. It was the best thing about Lake Titicaca which we found overrated and overcommercialisied. The hotel is well located on a small headland outside Puno, too far to walk into town. All rooms have a full or partial lake view (ours was partial facing the town over the lake). We think even numbered rooms have a full lake view. Our room was comfortable, especially the bed, although it lacked space for luggage. The ensuite was a good size also. Breakfast was excellent, the best we've had so far in Peru. Meals in the restaurant were a bit pricey but of high standard. Staff were friendly and helpful. This hotel also provided the best exchange rate we've obtained in Peru. We were a bit apprehensive before arriving because other reviews had suggested the hotel was tired and not up to standard but we were pleasantly surprised by the general decor and cleanliness. The downsides were paper thin walls, windows which did not open and a tiny safe deposit box. All in all however we would be happy to recommend this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Libertador Lake Titicaca is the only 5-star hotel in the area and sitsatop private Esteves Island. From anywhere in the hotel, guestswill marvel at outstanding sun rises and sun sets since each roomcommands a spectacular view of the lake. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Prestigia, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Odigeo, Agoda, TravelUp, Hotel.de and HRS so you can book your Libertador Lake Titicaca reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Libertador Lake Titicaca Hotel Puno
- Libertador Lago Titicaca Hotel Puno
- Puno Libertador Lago Titicaca