El Buho Hotel
US$136
US$259
US$235
  • Restaurant
All reviewsthe main streettourist districtthe busroom was cleanhotel is locatedbreadstayed here for nightsnice hotelplaza
Reviewed 14 August 2012

I stayed here for two nights in July. The hotel is well located, around the corner from the main street in town. I booked my Lake Titcaca tour here and had laundry done too. I got a good deal on the Internet, about half the price of the displayed rates, and the reception staff seemed surprised but had to give me a triple room to myself as all of the single and double rooms were occupied. Puno is a cold place in July and I was told I would need to ay extra for heating. Once in bed I was ok but the room itself was cold at night and less so in the morning. The breakfast was fine, better than the average in Peru. Overall, my stay was more than adequate but I feel that a three star hotel should have some form of heating included.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank nellygiddy
Reviewed 24 July 2012

Very nice hotel, well located, good rooms, very clean!! The staff was amazing, friendly, always smiling and trying to help... We also got a discount for being travelling with the lonely planet. Just perfect!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Vivi86_12
Reviewed 18 June 2012

The hotel is located very centrally in Puno, with most restaurants and shops around the corner.

Although some renovation would not hurt the hotel, the rooms are clean.

Staff of the hotel is wonderfull. When my friend got sick we were allowed to stay in the hotel (whereas we would have been on a two day tour) with no extra charge, they booked us a short afternoon tour when my friend felt a bit better and offered me a spare room for a couple of hours, when I sat on the couch in the hall some time to let my friend sleep. Furthermore, they made us chicken soup although the restaurant was closed for evening service and arranged for a docter on very short notice.

We would be very happy to stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
12  Thank JorikJ
A TripAdvisor Member
Puno
Reviewed 10 May 2012

We have a reservation for 2 days and when we arrive they said that they don't have the room available for the second night so we have to find another place to sleep . We had a tourist visit the next they and when we arrive very late we had to look for a room insted of going to visit the city or rest .There wasn't heater in the room and it was really cold .

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 7 February 2012

we spent 2 nights at this wonderful hotel, Cathy and Vianney were very helpful and friendly with us, and did as much as they could to help us out meanwhile my friend was sick due her altitude sickness, for me was the second time going there and the third time recommending this hotel, the rooms were nice and clean, and we appreciate they let us stay after the check out time!! we will for sure come back there!
greetings from France and Germany!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends