“Ok hotel”

Ranked #26 of 65 Hotels in Puno
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
“Ok hotel”
Reviewed 28 October 2012

El Buho was pretty average for me, but it is well located with lots of restaurants, bars and shop directly around it.
The room was ok, same for the bathroom.
Breakfast however was good.
Staff friendly and helpfull.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank PatrickBuijs

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Geneva
Reviewed 28 October 2012

We arrived quite late but were lucky to find still some free rooms. The hotel is located very near to the main pedestrian street and therefore very convenient. Good price for the quality provided.
We were three persons so we got a triple room which was not very big but sufficient for a one night stay. There is a private bath with hot shower but as very often in middle class Peruvian hotels no shampoo thus it is necessary to buy one from the street...

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Dominik125
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed 21 October 2012

Very well located, comfortable, quiet, with an excellent service. My girlfriend and I stayed here for three nights during our trip to Titicaca region. Highly recommended!!! Excellent staff!!!
After we left to Lima, once we got there I realized I have missed my camera with all pictures from our two-weeks trip in Peru. I called the hotel and they have searched and found it. And then they arranged to send the camera to Lima with another guest so it could get back to us before our flight back home. That was awesome and very kind!!!
Thanks a lot!!!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank DanieldeMedeiros
Dublin
Reviewed 14 August 2012 via mobile

I stayed here for two nights in July. The hotel is well located, around the corner from the main street in town. I booked my Lake Titcaca tour here and had laundry done too. I got a good deal on the Internet, about half the price of the displayed rates, and the reception staff seemed surprised but had to give me a triple room to myself as all of the single and double rooms were occupied. Puno is a cold place in July and I was told I would need to ay extra for heating. Once in bed I was ok but the room itself was cold at night and less so in the morning. The breakfast was fine, better than the average in Peru. Overall, my stay was more than adequate but I feel that a three star hotel should have some form of heating included.

Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank nellygiddy
Santiago, Chile
Reviewed 24 July 2012

Very nice hotel, well located, good rooms, very clean!! The staff was amazing, friendly, always smiling and trying to help... We also got a discount for being travelling with the lonely planet. Just perfect!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Vivi86_12
Willemstad, null, Netherlands Antilles
Reviewed 18 June 2012

The hotel is located very centrally in Puno, with most restaurants and shops around the corner.

Although some renovation would not hurt the hotel, the rooms are clean.

Staff of the hotel is wonderfull. When my friend got sick we were allowed to stay in the hotel (whereas we would have been on a two day tour) with no extra charge, they booked us a short afternoon tour when my friend felt a bit better and offered me a spare room for a couple of hours, when I sat on the couch in the hall some time to let my friend sleep. Furthermore, they made us chicken soup although the restaurant was closed for evening service and arranged for a docter on very short notice.

We would be very happy to stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
12 Thank JorikJ
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 10 May 2012

We have a reservation for 2 days and when we arrive they said that they don't have the room available for the second night so we have to find another place to sleep . We had a tourist visit the next they and when we arrive very late we had to look for a room insted of going to visit the city or rest .There wasn't heater in the room and it was really cold .

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member