Qelqatani Hotel
HotelQuickly
Titilaka(Puno)
US$1,002
TripAdvisor
All reviewshot waterthe main pedestrian streetbig bathroomthe hotel staffbreadfew blocksspace heaterlocation is greatgood sizejuliaca airportenjoyed our staycomfortable hotella pazbit datedhamlake titicacalate at night
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 July 2012

Quiet hotel in a great location, I felt really safe... 2 minutes away from the main street !! Rooms are big enough and have a portable heater that takes half an hour to heat the room. Friendly staff, I left my tip in the bed twice and when I was back was placed in my bed side table (!). Wifi works well. Its restaurant was not very appealing for me but you can find several alternatives around the hotel.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank ktf29
Reviewed 11 July 2012

I had a night before meeting meet my tour group at the Juliaca airport and could not find a hotel available in Juliaca. That turned out to be a blessing. Hotel Qelqatani offered a shuttle service from the airport for $10 (US), and I was able to arrange that via email with no difficulty. I enjoyed the shuttle ride, taking in the scenery. I saw llamas! The ride is about 1 hour, but it was so worth it to avoid staying in Juliaca (which is not a nice place).

The hotel staff were friendly and most spoke pretty good English, which I very much appreciated. I only had the one night, but I wanted to see Lake Titicaca, so the staff helped me figure out how to walk to the lake (it took about 15 minutes), giving me a map and giving me landmarks to look for so I would not get lost. Dinner was very good, but I was a little disappointed that the $15 menu advertised in the book that was in my room did not exist. That menu had several choices for full dinners, including drinks, appetizers, entree, and dessert. I had my choices all decided when I got to the dining room, but the waiter had no idea what I was talking about. Maybe that's just something they stopped doing and never removed the information from that book? I ended up making a different choice from the menu provided in the dining room and the food was tasty and well-prepared. The cost was very reasonable.

The shower was great, although the water pressure varied a bit throughout the shower. The bathroom lighting was kind of strange, with one set of lights only staying on for a few minutes before needing to be manually turned on again. This made for a fairly dark shower since they did not stay on long enough for me to take a full shower.

This hotel is on a nice quiet street that is easy to miss if you're out walking around, and it is close to the main square and the shopping areas. There are plenty of places to eat if you don't want to eat in the hotel. The hotel also arranged a shuttle for me to return to the Juliaca airport the next morning for the same price of $10.

There was some confusion with my billing (I booked thru Agoda and paid in advance, but did after about 31 hours of straight travel time was not sure about when I arrived), which I realized after I'd gotten home, and the hotel was friendly & prompt in refunding my overpayment. In fact, every time I contacted them via email they responded almost immediately.

I highly recommend this hotel. The value is excellent. There is free wi-fi and they provide 2 computers for guest use in the lobby. I also saw an oxygen tank, which I suppose some people would need given the altitude.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank Sharifred
QELQATANI, Director Comercial at Qelqatani Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2015

Dear Guest thank you for sending your comments and share all your experiences with us.

Reviewed 21 June 2012

A small hotel on a quiet street, yet near the pedestrian mall, the station and the harbour. Rooms are spacious and floors are serviced by elevator. Breakfast adequate with custom egg service.

• Stayed: June 2012
QELQATANI, Director Comercial at Qelqatani Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2015

Dear Guest, thank you very much who has taken some of your valuable time to share your experience with us.

Reviewed 17 May 2012

We stayed here two nights after arriving from Colca Canyon and then going to Lake Titicaca the next day. The rooms were clean but a bit dark as have several of our rooms been in Peru. The staff was helpful, even loaning their phone to make a call. We had laundry done and it was clean, pressed,and cheap. Breakfast was good with the general selection and some hot items. We did have a queen sized bed.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
QELQATANI, Director Comercial at Qelqatani Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2015

Dear guest thank you for send us your comments.

Reviewed 1 May 2012

Very good hotel: comfortable, quiet, good breakfast (with cooked breakfast as well).
The only thing I did not like was the attitude of two recepcionists who were not welcoming at all.
However, I would stay there again. Oxygen supplies available.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo

Thank you for your comments.