“Great hostel in Puno” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 91 Speciality Lodging in Puno
Tulum, Mexico
“Great hostel in Puno”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

Pacha was excellent. The bed was very comfortable, the shower was so good. Location is great. Also, they were very helpful with booking a tour and were accommodating whilst we waited for our bus late at night.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Camilla B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

Arrived much earlier than the check-in time and I was shown to my room immediately without me requesting. I was even allowed access to the rooftop, where I had clear views of the beautiful sunrise. Though I paid for a dorm, the room I was given was (intentionally) empty, which was a pleasant surprise-- I was essentially paying 7 usd for a private room with private toilets. The wifi was great, and was easily accessible on every floor. The hot showers are consistent with adequate pressure, which was very much appreciated after having spent a night with a home stay family on the islands.

More importantly, the service was memorable. I booked my 2 day island tour as well as my bus to La Paz through the reception at competitive prices and everything went smoothly. The couple (who run the hostel) were very helpful in reminding me that I needed to pay a tax at the bus station, and helped book as well as negotiate the taxi fare to the bus station for me. The hostel is located about 5 blocks from the main plaza, and I was glad to find that Lima Street is filled with tourists and safe at night, lined with many restaurants and souvenir shops, which made it safe and easy for me, as a petite female traveler, to roam around on my own when it got dark.

Overall, was very pleased with my one night stay and I think I was under charged!

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Shermin C
Merida, Mexico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014 via mobile

Very friendly and helpful staff, good clean rooms, good breakfast, no complaints! He even let us check out late without us even ready asking. Good wifi and they let you use the hotel's laptops for free.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Copacabana, Bolivia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

We arrived to Puno quite late at night and were very happy to arrive to this hostel. The owner was very welcoming and the location was amazing {right on the main street but at the edge so there is no noise at all}. The owner at the reception spoke very good english and offered us free tea or coffee that would be available throughout our stay. The rooms were very nice, the sheets were super clean and so were the towels, and hot water in the shower! We booked our day at the floating islands through them and were very pleased with the service. The breakfast was amazing, way beyond our expectations! egg served the way we asked, bread basket, coffee {with milk!} amd orange juice. The only disappointment was returning to an empty reception in the afternoon with our bags left completely unintended! And we were on our own looking for a taxi although we were promised help with calling one. We left an angry note at the front desk and we hope they took it to their attention because it was probably the best hostel we have stayed in in Peru.
Stayed there May 2014.

Room Tip: Make sure they lock in your belongings if you wish to leave them in storage after check out!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Shahar P
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014 via mobile

We are currently staying our last night here having stayed here for four. The staff are incredibly friendly, helpful and informative. On booking we received an email giving information on getting to the hostel and also excursions that they offer to the islands of lake titicaca, they also offered a transfer from the bus station!
We chose to do a 2 day tour of the island which was an incredible experience and very well organised with pick up from the hostel, entrance fees and meals all included!

The hostel has hot showers and great wifi which works in the rooms (a first for in South America for us). The breakfast is good fresh bread, tea, coffee and scrambled eggs. The rooms themselves are clean and very comfortable, managed to accidentally get an undisturbed 12 hour sleep when I forgot to set my alarm!

Overall, pacha has been a perfect place to stay!

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Kuwait City, Kuwait
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014

The hostel is very clean and comfortable, the staff are very helpful. The location is perfect for the town centre, a wander along a pedestrianised area. The shower was very hot, which was much appreciated after an overnight trip to the islands on the lake. Good value. Scrambled eggs and nice quality bread and jam for breakfast. The bus tour I bought with them to Cuzco was no more expensive than ones in town. Definitely recommended.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Pacasmayo, Peru
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

The staff are very friendly, the breakfast is very good (bread, ham, butter, cheese, eggs, coffee, mate), they give you great offers for tours in Puno, the location is great, the rooms are clean, warm and have hot shower wifi is good. The value for money is great.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple