“Great hostel - great location” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Pacha Hostel
Ranked #6 of 91 Speciality Lodging in Puno
Victoria, Canada
“Great hostel - great location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

We stayed here for 5 nights in June. The owners were incredibly helpful (he spoke excellent English) and kind. We had a smaller room, but very clean, with a bunk with two beds and one single bed and bathroom for 50 soles. Breakfast was typical continental (bread, butter, jam, coffee/tea/juice) but with fresh to order scrambled eggs! A nice treat from all other places we stayed. The shower water was hot 95% of the time (great for South America).
The location is on the main drag, walking distance to tons of shops, restaurants, banks, and plazas. As well, the road is for pedestrians only, so very little car noise. Cab cost 6 soles from airport - took about 15 minutes. They helped book trips to Uros floating islands and a bus to Cusco. Highly recommend!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

All in all good, to bad they don't alow to use the kitchen, hot water not always available. Nice stuff and good rooms, internet is fast way beeter than bolivian places. Very good if you are in a budget

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Salomon P
Hong Kong
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

Stayed for 2 nights and It was probably one of the best stays during our trip in South America! Very good location and the staff there is friendly and helpful. We booked the lake titicaca excursion there and it was awesome! Good shower and nice breakfast. The towels smell really nice too :)

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Tulum, Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

Pacha was excellent. The bed was very comfortable, the shower was so good. Location is great. Also, they were very helpful with booking a tour and were accommodating whilst we waited for our bus late at night.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Camilla B
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

Arrived much earlier than the check-in time and I was shown to my room immediately without me requesting. I was even allowed access to the rooftop, where I had clear views of the beautiful sunrise. Though I paid for a dorm, the room I was given was (intentionally) empty, which was a pleasant surprise-- I was essentially paying 7 usd for a private room with private toilets. The wifi was great, and was easily accessible on every floor. The hot showers are consistent with adequate pressure, which was very much appreciated after having spent a night with a home stay family on the islands.

More importantly, the service was memorable. I booked my 2 day island tour as well as my bus to La Paz through the reception at competitive prices and everything went smoothly. The couple (who run the hostel) were very helpful in reminding me that I needed to pay a tax at the bus station, and helped book as well as negotiate the taxi fare to the bus station for me. The hostel is located about 5 blocks from the main plaza, and I was glad to find that Lima Street is filled with tourists and safe at night, lined with many restaurants and souvenir shops, which made it safe and easy for me, as a petite female traveler, to roam around on my own when it got dark.

Overall, was very pleased with my one night stay and I think I was under charged!

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Shermin C
Merida, Mexico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014 via mobile

Very friendly and helpful staff, good clean rooms, good breakfast, no complaints! He even let us check out late without us even ready asking. Good wifi and they let you use the hotel's laptops for free.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Copacabana, Bolivia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

We arrived to Puno quite late at night and were very happy to arrive to this hostel. The owner was very welcoming and the location was amazing {right on the main street but at the edge so there is no noise at all}. The owner at the reception spoke very good english and offered us free tea or coffee that would be available throughout our stay. The rooms were very nice, the sheets were super clean and so were the towels, and hot water in the shower! We booked our day at the floating islands through them and were very pleased with the service. The breakfast was amazing, way beyond our expectations! egg served the way we asked, bread basket, coffee {with milk!} amd orange juice. The only disappointment was returning to an empty reception in the afternoon with our bags left completely unintended! And we were on our own looking for a taxi although we were promised help with calling one. We left an angry note at the front desk and we hope they took it to their attention because it was probably the best hostel we have stayed in in Peru.
Stayed there May 2014.

Room Tip: Make sure they lock in your belongings if you wish to leave them in storage after check out!