We had TWO brand new football jerseys stolen from two separate rooms at this property on August 23rd. My sons wore the jerseys to the hotel on Aug 22nd, and they were left sitting on top of our luggage in rooms 101 & 105 the next morning when we left for a day on the lake. We returned that afternoon and were in our rooms all night. We packed and locked our bags early the next morning, searched the rooms (as we always do), then flew home to the states. When we unpacked that night, we realized the jerseys were not with us. We called the hotel immediately since we did not recall seeing the jerseys when we packed to leave. The manager said they were not in their Lost & Found and suggested we check our bags! They were not helpful at all and said the cleaning staff had been employed for awhile without complaint. They basically brushed us off. Since then, we've had numerous emails with Debora Delgado, the ironically titled corporate "Customer Satisfaction" manager. Ms. Delgado essentially blamed us, told us we could not prove they were stolen, claimed I hadn't given enough "substantial or sufficient information" and said there was a safe in the room for valuables. Ha! She has not once apologized, never told us if she investigated and did not offer to compensate us for our loss. I've asked Ms. Delgado to explain how the jerseys disappeared on that given Friday while we were out of our room, but she cannot.
We spent a long time selecting these jerseys in Cusco the day before and our boys were excited to wear them. Needless to say, they are very disappointed and know stealing is just plain wrong.
I have never had an item stolen from a hotel room and I am NOT satisfied with how this company has handled our situation. I've given them many chances to make this right, but they have not.There are many other lovely places to stay in Peru, and I would AVOID all Casa Andina properties since they cannot be trusted and do not value their customers in any way.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casa Andina Premium Puno is located on the shores of Lake Titicaca, the highest navigable lake in the world, and offers its visitors spectacular views and a wide variety of services in order to make their trip an unforgettable experience. The hotel has 45 - 100% non-smoker comfortable Superior rooms on two floors and a Suite. Some rooms offer a breathtaking view of Lake Titicaca. All rooms are equiped with stove, safe deposit box, coffee kit, iron and hair dryer. Casa Andina Premium Puno features: Internet Center, Internet WiFi, ATM, laundry services and parking. After a long day of walking rest and relax in our Massage Salon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Expedia, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Casa Andina Premium Puno reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Andina Private Collection Puno Hotel Puno
- Puno Casa Andina Private Collection