“Perfect For A More Relaxed Experience, Away From the City”

Casa Andina Premium Puno
Ranked #12 of 64 Hotels in Puno
Reviewed 11 October 2013

With the waterfront view, balconies opening up to the Lake, and overall relaxed environment, it is a perfect place to stay in Puno. The rooms were large and clean, and equipped with robes and slippers, but wifi is spotty.

Pay for the upgrade on the lake view if available. Looking out on the balcony to see sheep grazing simply adds to the overall experience.

The service at the hotel was fantastic. They were able to organize the day trip to the Uros Islands that picked us up directly from the dock, and saved us from heading into the city that morning. In addition to arranging any transportation needs to the hotel. Also, while they claim this coco tea helps with the elevation, it doesn't. Get promptly to the pharmacy and buy Solchi tablets ASAP to get acclimated. If your elevation issues aren't significant, they do offer oxygen tanks for use in the lobby for a quick fix.

Overall, the hotel and service is great. The dinner food in the restaurant was much better, than breakfast. But, the breakfast is adequate with made to order omelets. The only thing lacking at the hotel would be a hot tub or pool.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NatalieAnnGarcia

Reviewed 8 October 2013

I stayed here a couple of nights during a tour. It’s within a lovely location by the lake and my room had a lake-view. Room was spacious, with all the amenities you would expect. The kettle in my room with a great choice of teas and coffee was a lovely touch. Comfortable bed also and decent choice of English speaking channels on the TV. Although my bedroom seemed to have a balcony, the door was locked and neither of the keys provided for the room worked on this door, so couldn’t step out onto the balcony. I assume they have to keep it locked for health and safety purposes. You do still get to enjoy the views from your bedroom though.

The communal areas were nice enough.

Check-in was quick and easy, although I think it could be more efficient. A minor point but you are not made aware at check-in that if you wish to use your bedroom safe, you need to get a safe-key from Reception. Having spent a whole day on a coach, I was exhausted by the time I arrived at the hotel that evening and to have to come back down for the safe-key wasn’t great.

Breakfast in the hotel was nice enough with lovely views of the lake in the restaurant.
I ate an evening meal in the restaurant also and the food was of a decent quality.

I found the service at this hotel to be variable. The reception staff were very nice and very approachable/helpful. I had one day where I was really feeling the effects of the altitude and they kindly arranged for me to have some oxygen.

On the flip side, there were a few occasions where I felt the service could have been better. Trying to order room service proved difficult. Having called the correct number for room service, the guy who answered the phone sounded confused when I asked to order room service, so I thought perhaps I’d dialled the wrong number. Having established that I did dial the correct number, I called back again and there was just no answer on the phone. So I had to get dressed, go down to Reception and order room service via Reception instead. Secondly, finding the dining room for the first time wasn’t so straight forward. It’s in a different block to the main entrance. As you exit the main Reception area, there’s someone on duty at the door, who I think is meant to help guests. His explanation to me as to where I was meant to go to find the door to the dining room wasn’t so clear. He just pointed in a general direction and I couldn’t work out what he meant. I gave up getting help from him and a fellow guest kindly showed me the way to the dining room. For one of the mornings I booked a wake up call, which didn’t happen. These are all minor points however, I feel they are worth mentioning.

Not all rooms offer a lake view, so be sure to request this when booking.

Room Tip: Request a lake view room when booking.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 October 2013

The most positive experience was in the restaurant with Daniel. He is an artist of hospitality and service. Not only does Daniel make an amazing Coca Sour but he is a gracious and attentive server. We did not have this type of service anywhere in our 2-week trip throughout Peru. Daniel will be a great memory from our trip. The food quality was excellent, too. The property, overall, was very nice. We had hoped for the lake front view, per our reservation and planning, but we did not get that. I'm uncertain how a busy travel schedule with a late arrival ever bodes well for getting the room you had reserved. I believe this is a weakness with both the travel planners and the properties not being in tune with the guests plans and "pricing" for these special arrangements. This is a hotel we would recommend to others with qualification.

Room Tip: Try to secure a lake front view room. Not sure how this happens successfully since it did not work...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 September 2013

As with all the Casa Andina Private collection properties this one is just as good with the added attraction that its a short cab ride to the main part of town and a lot quieter and its situated right on the Lake Titicaca and has its own pier where you are picked up from to take you to the floating islands.The grounds around the property are well maintained and most rooms look out to the lake. The restaurant and breakfast room offer good food and choices and the rooms are clean and the beds great although a barking dog from 4 am was really annoying. Service here is prompt and courteous.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 September 2013

This hotel is very well-situated by the lake and, although it is some distance from the city, it is a bonus to be able to get on a boat from the pontoon directly below. The staff were friendly and the bedrooms were spacious (worth getting one facing the lake) but the lounge area was too small for the number of people wanting to sit near the log fire. The breakfast (as early as 5.30am!) was fine. However, our main problems was with the way the building has been constructed - seemingly to maximise the number of stairs one had to negotiate (with luggage).

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
CasaAndina_CS, Propietario at Casa Andina Premium Puno, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your review with our team and for your positive comments.

We are glad you had a nice stay at our hotel, as well as our staff was attentive to you. As you mention, we are located on the shores of the Titicaca Lake so our guests can enjoy the amazing view.

On the other hand, we are sorry if you had some trouble in the lounge are. We will definitely take into consideration your comments to evaluate future improvements.

We hope we can welcome you back any time soon.

Best regards,

Reviewed 11 September 2013

We stayed here two nights after being to Ecuador and the Inka Valley for a few weeks.
Excellent location by the Titicaca lake. Superb view from the seaside facing rooms. The rooms towards the road mostly face into a brick wall. Noice in these rooms from the road. Also noice between the rooms.
Nice staff. Bar service pretty slow and unfocused. Staff in restaurant good.
Room quality is medium. Bathroom quality somewhat below medium. Problems with hot water.
WiFi in the lounge area, really slow. Not working in the rooms.
Breakfast good and also dinner. Service during dinner somewhat slow.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Dear guest,

Thank you for your review and for sharing your experience at Private Collection Puno.

We appreciate your comments regarding your stay, as these represent an opportunity to improve. We will definitely take them into consideration and they have been already shared with our team at Puno, in order to reinforce our service.

On the other side, we are sorry to know you did not rest properly in your room and the problem presented with the Wi-Fi. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 7 September 2013

We had TWO brand new football jerseys stolen from two separate rooms at this property on August 23rd. My sons wore the jerseys to the hotel on Aug 22nd, and they were left sitting on top of our luggage in rooms 101 & 105 the next morning when we left for a day on the lake. We returned that afternoon and were in our rooms all night. We packed and locked our bags early the next morning, searched the rooms (as we always do), then flew home to the states. When we unpacked that night, we realized the jerseys were not with us. We called the hotel immediately since we did not recall seeing the jerseys when we packed to leave. The manager said they were not in their Lost & Found and suggested we check our bags! They were not helpful at all and said the cleaning staff had been employed for awhile without complaint. They basically brushed us off. Since then, we've had numerous emails with Debora Delgado, the ironically titled corporate "Customer Satisfaction" manager. Ms. Delgado essentially blamed us, told us we could not prove they were stolen, claimed I hadn't given enough "substantial or sufficient information" and said there was a safe in the room for valuables. Ha! She has not once apologized, never told us if she investigated and did not offer to compensate us for our loss. I've asked Ms. Delgado to explain how the jerseys disappeared on that given Friday while we were out of our room, but she cannot.

We spent a long time selecting these jerseys in Cusco the day before and our boys were excited to wear them. Needless to say, they are very disappointed and know stealing is just plain wrong.

I have never had an item stolen from a hotel room and I am NOT satisfied with how this company has handled our situation. I've given them many chances to make this right, but they have not.There are many other lovely places to stay in Peru, and I would AVOID all Casa Andina properties since they cannot be trusted and do not value their customers in any way.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank JenG1964
CasaAndina_CS, Propietario at Casa Andina Premium Puno, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2013

Dear Guest,

We are sorry that you have not felt our answer sufficient. Please note that you reported the missing objects after you left our premises, making it a delicate situation to start with. On the opportunities we had to exchange e-mails with you, we have explained not only our policies but also the internal investigation that was being held. As well, we have been in communication with your travel agency in Peru, who also know what we have done and finally agreed with us on the position we took.

The important issue here is not about the money to be reimbursed but to be clear about whether an incorrect action was committed at the hotel. The evidence is gathered in the hotel with the input of the information our guest provides and we did not find evidence that could corroborate that a theft took place. In the past, we have had cases that guests have found or left objects in places outside the hotel and others in which staff members have reported finding valuable items after guests checking out. For this reason, we take every single case pretty seriously as we believe we have done on yours as well. As we told you, we are sorry for not being able to provide the solution you feel is fair and we respect the actions you wish to undertake, such as posting this review.

Best regards,