“Better than expected! ”

Ranked #7 of 264 Restaurants in Trujillo
Price range: US$4 - US$15
Cuisines: Italian, Bar, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Casona Deza is the most beautiful colonial house of the Americas. It is also known as Casona de los Leones. The ambient is spectacular and the food is homemade. We cultivate most of the ingredients and promote healthy eating. We take pride on the selection of the ingredients and the quality of our coffee. It is the best in town! Some customers said that it is the best in Peru - we think that we still have a way to go. We are a family that enjoys hospitality because we are travelers ourself. And we know that while traveling away from home nothing taste better than a homemade meal prepared by a caring host. We are not sharp professionals in the restaurant business, but we love to take good care of our guests.
London, United Kingdom
“Better than expected! ”
Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

The place is amazing, the food is really good & fresh (special mention for the coffee, the delicious chocolate cake & the juice!) the staff lovely, it's a big yes!! We'll come back for sure!

Berkeley, California
“Cool Room and Good Espresso”
Reviewed 9 April 2014

OK, my chance to fire back! I had a double espresso at this place while sitting in a lovely colonial period room on furniture that was well matched to the tone of the building. Someone came and took my order, brought me my coffee, and left me alone! And the espresso was pretty good. When I was ready to leave I waved at the waitress who came over and upon being asked for the "cuenta" , brought me my bill which I paid. How perfect can it get? So why are people, as in the case of this place, going on about service all the time? I personally hate being lurked and fawned over by waiters. I want my food and want to be left alone to enjoy it, and don't mind having to flag a server when I want one. Some folks seem to love being toadied to, as if they are wannabe colonial gentry themselves who need their bums kissed all the time. Get therapy and quit taking it out on hard working poor people from a culture that doesn't mesh with your deficits. Wonder if they'll publish this?

Visited April 2014
Madrid, Spain
“Beautiful place, but not great food”
Reviewed 26 March 2014

We went there for breakfast. The coffee was fine, as well as the juices. My husband asked for bacon and eggs, but bacon was almost "absent". Two tiny slices...just to be able to say that there was some bacon. Regarding my breakfast, I waited for the jam (home made jam, as described in the menu). When I asked for the jam, they explained that they didn't have any more... So I insisted in having something to spread on my bread, and they ended up giving me some manjar. One of the employees wanted me to pay an extra cost for it, which was finally not included in the bill. So, in summary, amazing and beautiful place, but don't expect anything great about the food.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank avo77
Dublin, Ireland
“Beautiful Courtyard Cafe”
Reviewed 21 February 2014

We went here three times in two days, which is very unlike us. We had lunch on our first visit and returned a few hours later, after walking around the city, for coffee and desert. The next day we stopped by again for another coffee and a different desert. This is a family run restaurant; the aunt makes all the deserts and they are exquisite. It is comfortable and safe and the wifi connection is good. Highly Recommended.

Visited February 2014
Rochester, United Kingdom
“Coffee stop”
Reviewed 5 February 2014 via mobile

Great place for excellent coffee, the best I've had in Peru, by far better than anything Starbucks has to offer. Incredible building, most of it appears unused and with much potential with some investment. I wouldn't recommend stopping there for food though, they're simply not geared to cope with it.

1 Thank One_c0untry