“Beautiful place an great service”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Trujillo
Casa Cumbray Club de Campo
Ranked #18 of 85 Trujillo B&B and Inns
“Beautiful place an great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2013

I thought the scenery was the best part of it all. The atmosphere is calm and the staff also adds to that service by providing an excellent service. The rooms are great for families or to go with your couple. Also, management is very responsive and always tries to be helpful.

• Stayed August 2013
4 Thank Empirica

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2013

Hellow, my name is Elena and I born in Trujillo, Peru but for the last 25 years I leave in Orlando, Florida.
I'm exciting because I will have reunion with my high school friends this Friday September 6 and Saturday 7 in Casa Cumbray Hotel de Campo, celebrating bodas de coral but I'm concern after I read the 1st review.
I'm a nurse in USA and for me priority number one it is a very clean room and of course good service. I hope my friends pick a good place for our reunion and I will love to write a good review after my experience in your hotel. Tripadvisor it's a special website that most of the people in USA check before travel to any place.
Elena

Room Tip: I hope after my trip I can rate excellent in all this areas
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Tolon2013
Turin, Italy
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2013

Decided to book here to have one night out of trujillo in the nature.
Casa Cumbray has recently open and might improve in the future. For the time being the service is extremely poor (food very low quality, no attention to clients, not friendly, rooms not very clean) and the staff needs absolutely some training. But apart from that it is not worth to leave trujillo to come here: the surroundings are not fascinating, at least not attracting for international tourism. The place is quite far from the main road, in the morning you are just attacked by mosquitos and after a few hours you feel like coming back to trujillo. On top of it, in the night we hoped to be able to enjoy the silence of the countryside but the staff decided to impose us pop music untill 2 am (and again in the morning!).
Positive side: nice swimming pool, big rooms and young friendly owner (he might have the competences to improve the place and train staff)

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank Ipilos
JorgeLuisCueva, Gerente at Casa Cumbray Club de Campo, responded to this review, 17 June 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences about your recent stay at Casa Cumbray Hotel de Campo. In as much as we aimed to deliver a delightful stay, I regret on this occasion we failed to do so in some aspects. We can offer no excuses but our commitment to keep working diligently so that your experience will not be repeated, since several positive changes have happened after your stay.
I regret the fact you did not find the surroundings fascinating as all our guests. The views the Hotel offers from its rooms, suites, terraces, pools and restaurant are breathtaking, as the pictures, taken by our guests, show. There are archaeological sites nearby the Hotel and from almost every room and suite you are able to see the mountains and the ancient “acequias” or water canals that preincas and incas used to obtain water from the river.
Moreover, you may be interested to know that by the time of your stay we did not offer the restaurant service as we do now. We have recently opened a typical food restaurant in the Hotel and our guests and clients appreciate the fact they can find more than ten different high quality food options as well as drinks without leaving the property.
Furthermore, concerning the loud music in our premises and the fact you refer your room was not very clean, I must inform it is not usual at all. On one hand we are aware our guests enjoy the relaxing “silence of the countryside”. This is the reason why there is only regional ambiental music inside the restaurant from 11:00am to 03:00pm and there is a noise policy of which our guests and clients are aware. On the other hand our staff is local and well trained; I apologize for the inconsistencies you may have experienced. I will make sure to address your comment to all our staff, so we can improve from it.
I am glad you enjoyed our swimming pool with panoramic views of the valley as all our guests do. Our rooms are indeed very spacious as you mentioned and all of them have amazing views.

With kind regards,

Jorge Luis Cueva Ramírez
Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Trujillo
Hotel El Gran Marques
#2 of 37 in Trujillo
Hotel Los Delfines de Chicama
Hotel Los Delfines de Chicama
#2 of 2 in Puerto Malabrigo

Been to Casa Cumbray Club de Campo? Share your experiences!