“Terrible place. I don't recommend”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Baguio
Benguet Pine Tourist Inn
Ranked #62 of 95 Baguio B&B and Inns
Bryne, Norway
“Terrible place. I don't recommend”
Reviewed 13 January 2013

The toilets were dirty, a window in my room was damaged.
There was some kind of engine located just behind the window of my room, probably a pump for water. The sound from the engine was so high, that we were awake every time the engine was on.
We arrived at 3 am and wanted to stay only until the morning, but we received no discount. They said that we pay for 24 hours, that means until 3 am next day.
After one night in that place we checked out and we will never come back.

Room Tip: Don't take the room on the first floor, first to the right with the common bathroom. There is so...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
5 Thank ChristopherM430

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 16 June 2012

Just in front of the Orchidarium and a few walks away from Burnham Park and City Market.

Didn't have a hard time locating this Inn, its near major food establishments and jeepney terminals are also around the corner.

I found their lobby really nice... with great furnitures. Had a lot of pics there.

Thumbs up for the customer service... easy to talk to and I didn't had problems with reservation. They also helped me with directions on finding some locations I am not familiar with.

Rooms are very simple and basic... just as what I expected from a Budget hotel.

With its price, its definitely a great place to stay. Highly recommended. :)

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Rochelle_18
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 11 May 2011

Benguet Pine Tourist Inn looks like one of Baguio's great hotels from a few decades ago but has deteriorated since. But still, it maintains some gems.

The cons: the place looks old and the rooms very, very, very basic - bed, small T&B with hot water, TV. No luxury-hotel feel here. The room sort of looks like the room you would be given if you crashed unannounced in someone's nearly abandoned ancestral house.

The pros: the TV, however tiny, had cable; towels were provided (not plush fluffy ones, just basic ones) along with soap; there was a hot shower; the bathroom in our room was quite spacious; the room rate included a free breakfast with coffee.

The 3 best things about our stay in Benguet Pine Tourist were: 1) location is great - the inn is located right in front of the Orchidarium with easy access to Burnham Park and walking distance to most places and restaurants we wanted to visit ; 2) service was excellent - it was easy enough to reserve a room and they asked if I had a room preference, plus they let us rest in a room when we arrived 7 hours before check-in time AND they kept our bags in their office without extra charges for another 10 hours after checking out because we had a late-night bus trip back to Manila; they were also quite flexible with the breakfast and offered a vegetarian option when I requested it; 3) availability was convenient- they had available rooms for Holy Week when we reserved only the week before at a really budget-friendly price. Perhaps it's revealing of the quality of their rooms, but the value for what we paid can't be denied.

Would I stay there again? On a non-peak weekend, perhaps not as I might find better-looking options at the same price range. But for peak periods, and given the ease of reserving, and if I needed to work within a tight budget, I would most definitely consider it.

Room Tip: Call and reserve in advance - manage expectations
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple