City Travel Hotel
    Very Good 4/5
    Great 4.5/5
    Inn Rocio(Baguio)
    Good 3.5/5
    All reviewsplace to staywalking distancenight markethot showerguard
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed 21 May 2013

This hotel is terrible. Stayed with family (7pax) and the room we got got enough space. 1 queen sized bed, 2 bunk beds and one extra bed. But everything was old and dark and creepy. Few electric outlets in the room despite of its size and capacity. The bunk beds creaks a lot for each move you make so its very difficult to sleep. The bathroom had problems with hot water too. The hallways are creepy and dirty as well too. There was even no breakfast included. Location is good and staff are friendly though. The hotel is clearly in need of renovation

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
    2  Thank maverick4215
    Reviewed 22 April 2013

Booked thru booking.com - big mistake! The rate wasn't discounted at all - in fact, I paid top price for a room that deserved a lot less.

The pictures in booking.com looked spacious for a group of 6 pax, but we ended up being squeezed in a room that can only fit 3 people.

The bunk beds creaked annoyingly with every move, so getting a good night's sleep was impossible. There was no AC (!) - we had to make do with one small, antiqauted electric fan that had seen better days a decade ago. We had to fight over electric outlets to charge our gadgets because there were only two available. The other outlets were just holes in the wall with exposed wires (safety is not a concern for this hotel).

The phone was not working so every time we needed to contact the front desk, one of us had to trek 5 storeys down. Our main complaint was that the bathroom smelled! Even after informing the front desk, nothing was done. There was a bathtub which looked nice in the pictures, in reality it reeked of dirt that I ended up cleaning it myself just so I could stand on it to take a shower!

For the price we paid there were no toiletries, no breakfast included, no hot water in the morning (they shooed us off to another room to shower - toilet in this room was not even working), and they would not even give us hot water for coffee/tea. And we should have brought our own towels because the ones they provided were fit for rags!

But most of the staff were nice and helpful and the lobby was cozy. The location is good if you want to stay near Burnham, but hotels near Session are better.

Overall though, please stay far away from this hotel - Microtel Baguio is heaps better for the same price! And if you can, don't go during Panagbenga, or book months in advance to get the best deal.

Room Tip: Don't stay here please!
    • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
    1  Thank Leah A
    Reviewed 15 January 2013

An impromptu decision to go to Baguio is not one i recommend. Though, i did..coming from the South...now I'm off to the North~this time, without my kids. The net, again, was that virtual window for me on my blind side. Did the same thing, called direct, and wanting a good, comfortable stay outside of being a transient, CITY TRAVEL HOTEL was the choice. i didn't know what to expect, i just don't want the idea of sleeping in a double decker and share a toilet with strangers.

So i called and booked. The original cost was P2,400, but the confirmation of my booking led me to get 50% off. So in the middle of the night, i left for the City of Pines.i arrived 9 AM though the check-in time was at 12NN. The staff was kind enough to allow an early check-in since the room was already available. It was a standard room, rustic as most Baguio residences looked like, but it was okay. I even got a tub in the john, though i was not really able to use it. The toiletries were limited to soap and shampoo. Good thing i brought along all my vanity. There was no need for an air conditioner since it was really cold. But the hotel provided us with a fan, just in case. The bed cover was really thick plastic or rubber, not sure, not so comfy but it helped cushion the cold. I just disliked the bed and pillow as the bed was old and hard, though on a mattress, and the pillow just drowned my head in it. So i needed to fold it over to make it suitable. After settling in, i started the walk to Burnham park. Saw a woman selling strawberries, had a few of it that was really mouth-watering. Burnham was not the same anymore. The boat ride was not available as tractors were cleaning-up the lake. noticeable, bike rides were for hire on a full strip right at the back of Burnham.The park used to be open, but now it's totally caged in. No cold breeze anymore as everywhere you look at but buildings and houses. You'd miss the pines that used to stand all around. Session road is also very crowded.as you see Escolta in Manila.

First trip was Minesview. OMG...it's already a market place. Again, no cool breeze as it is so swamped. Stores everywhere, and a Saint bernard and a horse for rent so you can take pictures ~ P10 a shot. From Minesview you can already walk towards Good Shepherd, but i still took a cab for it was a steep climb. The good part about majority of the cabs in Baguio, the flag down rate is still P35 and they give exact change, even coins. At Good Shepherd, I bought goodies typical of the place. The good part is having to taste the Civet coffee at P75 a cup. With all the stuff i bought, i had no choice but to go back to the hotel.

After a good sleep, late night i went out to bar hop. Wanting to watch alive band was strained as they end early...especially on a weekday. So it was LOL, a comedy bar as first stop. Had a beer and side dish, then went off to Purple, a popular bar in the city. It was ladie's night so i didn't have to pay for entrance. Well, it was just P50 vs the minimum P350 in Manila. Saw a lot of black dudes in the place. Fils were also there...with good looking guys at that. It was a very small spot, even narrowed by a tight dance floor. Good thing there was a 2nd floor,soi postiioned at that area. After drinking my Tequilla Sunrise, i went off for McDonald's for spaghetti and burger. Well, it's my birthday...so i wanted to have the traditional noodles...hahahaha. Rightm after...it was the hotel. Pix taken before i set off for the room.

Morning came and i set off for strawberry farm. Met Manong Ricky, and he helped make strawberry picking an adventure. It did cost P350 for the experience,and a kilo of the famous fruit. Cab fare was at P150 to and fro. I also got some broccoli and lettuce. They were so cheap: 4 tails of broccoli was only for P100, while 5 balls of letttuce at only P50. Wish Baguio were just around the corner from my house so i can readily buy each time i have a craving for the veggies. I also got to try the strawberry taho [soya drink] at P20 a cup. Well, it's just the syrup that made the difference since it was with strawberries. I also got some big oranges, seedless, and more goodies to give away when i reach home.

That ended by Baguio trip as i needed to rush back home. All-in-all City Travel Hotel is the most convenient place since it's at the center of the City. I'm just weary not being able to visit Ibay's and Narda's...not to mention Botanical Garden for a henna tattoo.

Room Tip: Bus via Victory Liner is P445 each
    • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
    4  Thank foxblaize25
    Reviewed 14 January 2013

Stayed in December 2012 in a family suite. The only good thing about this hotel is that they have friendly staff and a welcoming lobby, nothing more nothing less.
    I find it very silly that a hotel such as this doesnt have the basic hot water for their baths (imagine baguio without hot water?) They made me and my 3 year old kid go upstairs (on a vacant room to take bath, walking the corridors in towesl(that is how stupid they could be. As an excuse, they said that some floors have hot waters while ours dont.(what the??..should the guest guess then?.Good luck). Further more do not be fooled by their nice reception/lobby, the rooms are not as welcoming as the lobby believe me, though rooms are spacious. I find it so foul also that this hotel have mosquitos and itchy bedsheets (yayks)

T'vs are almost out of picture tube, you cant hardly see people nor the programs. What a waste of money and my whole family's vacation, considering the lengh of our stay(we booked for 4days), we never enjoyed a single night in this hotel.. Good thing is that we are out the whole day of everyday to went sight seeing. Cant imagine staying the whole day in their hotel rooms. Ended up transffering to another hotel the last day of our baguio trip, that's how bad it was.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
    1  Thank Lulu C
    Reviewed 11 January 2013

Stayed here after during the Xmas of 2012 with my family. I booked early as I anticipated the peak season in coming to Baguio. Got my 20% discount when I booked for a Family Suite Jr room which is only around Php 2800 per day for a Family of five! We arrived earlier that the official check in time of 12nn but since the room is ready, the courteous staff with warm smile enough to beat the old of the nite let us in so we could unpack our things and start walking around Burnham around 5am! Room is very spacious. They need to improve the toilets. Our room is facing the residential areas thats why we slept our hearts out. For travellers looking for good food but cheap, you can try Good Taste Restaurant which is near city Travel. In short, its good location allowed us to have brisk walking at Burnham, Market, Session Road, SM and the Night market! Will be back again on Xmas 2013 !!

Room Tip: Choose rooms facing the residential areas
    • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family