“Weekend getaway”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Baguio
BaguioTransient House
Ranked #15 of 95 Baguio B&B and Inns
Tampa, Florida
“Weekend getaway”
Reviewed 24 May 2014

We booked online from Hawaii and it was easy and as advertised, nice apt that accommodated all of the eight family for three day break from Manila heat. Clean, comfortable and Peter and Jhoie (Joy) are great. Very quiet, safe neighborhood. We rented apt 1 and it had a nice patio area that was nice for morning coffee. We used the van service and taxi service which were higher than we were accustomed to paying, but all were professional and very timely to sight see the area.

The value of the accommodations was very good, you won't be disappointed, but the shower water heater was not consistent so beware.....lol! It WILL surprise you! Overall very nice stay and would return to stay with Peter and Jhoie when we return to the Philippines. Henry and Thess Ko Olina Hawaii

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Henry S

Couples
Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Peter and Jhoie made sure that my stay was as comfortable as possible and really took a lot of time to ensure that all my plans went smoothly. I can't tell you how much I appreciate them, you can't go wrong booking your stay through them. I rented Apartment 4 for my parents and they enjoyed their stay there very much. I rented the Europa Condo for my guests and it had everything we needed so that we could cook our meals there on some nights and enjoy dinner as a family. The views from the condo were breath taking, and the atmosphere was warm and inviting. If I ever get a chance to go back to Baguio again, I will only book with them.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Patrick C
Laurel, Maryland
Reviewed 26 December 2013

We had agreat 3 days christmass vacation at this transient house along with 12 family members and definetly enjoyed the excellent service they provided us. The area is very safe and quiet surrounded by big houses. We also rented their van service and definetly worth the money we spent. The driver took us sight seeing starting at Cannon Road and serve as a tour guide for 3 nights even at 10 Pm mass on christmas eve. The rooms in apt 4 were big and spacious and everything you need in the kitchen and grilling were all available for a big family. The view from the bacony is definitely fantastic. We could see the mountain view as the fog passby. The owner Peter and Jhoie were very friendly and made us welcome like their family. We will definetly come back to Baguio transient 4 next time I come back to Baguio. Highly recomended. Many thanks to Peter and Jhoie, Ernesto and staff for the great time.

Room Tip: Apartment # 4 is definetly great place for family of 13, plenty of space, all cooking eqipment you n...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Shoneywilson
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 25 March 2013

Hello Peter and Jhoie,
Warm hello to you and your family from Texas. Our family rented apt 3 & 4. Wow!! Lots of space! It was a family reunion. 22 people. Very clean and spacious. Both apartments were fully loaded in the kitchens and bedrooms. I stayed in Apt 4 beautiful view from Lanai. Watched the sunrise very quiet and fresh cool air being in the mountains. The children teenage age and older enjoyed the private upstairs. Apt 3 very quaint 2 bedroom a fold out couch, beautiful tiled kitchen. They got us a playpen for my grand-daughter. Helped us with catering from Sara. We had a big group so we really didn't want to spend time cooking a lot.
But when we did we had everything we needed. I'm glad we stayed here it felt like being in a home environment vs. hotel. Peter and Jhoies warm welcome makes you feel like you've known them forever. I definitely would stay here again with my family when we go back. Also, a plug for their daughter we used her business SPAS TO GO in Manilla. What I liked about both businesses very professional. I was very pleasantly surprised how wonderful the experience of renting these apartments at Baguio Transient House. Thank-you Peter and Jhoie for welcoming our family with open arms.
Donna Ferony

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
7 Thank Donna F
Baguio T, Owner at BaguioTransient House, responded to this review, 26 March 2013
Hi Donna,
thanks for your kind review of your stay in our place. It always means a lot to us to get positive feedback from guests. We hope we have contributed to your enjoyment and memories of "Cool Baguio". God Bless you and your whole crew.
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 9 May 2012

Hi All,

I am currently staying at the accommodation and have been for the last week and I am having a really nice stay. Peter and Jhoie have been really lovely hosts and have helped so much to make it a great stay. I've enjoyed a few beers with Peter and some great chats and company.

We've enjoyed seeing Baguio and the neighbouring region - people are friendly, taking time to speak to our young children and just generally smiling when you walk past.

I am from Scotland and my wife is from Malaysia. We live in Malaysia so are familiar with Asia. I'd say Baguio makes a nice change from the tropical weather of Malaysia/Singapore etc.

The driving takes a bit of getting used to but after a while you can see that it's pretty safe.

We take taxis to most places we visit and that works out well and the taxi drivers are honest and go by the meter.

The market is where my wife likes to spend time but we've been to the hot springs, horse riding, strawberry farms and the local park to let the kids play. Again everyone is friendly and will chat if you want to say "hi".

There are a few vendors selling various things you may/may not want to buy but they won't push if you decline and so it is not an issue.

We used alternative transport from the airport to the apartment and I can say that was a bit of a mistake. I have since used the recommended driver and car from Peter and I suggest others do the same. The driver is safe as is his car and he is reliable, courteous and professional. Also not really any more expensive than what you might pay otherwise.

Anyway hope this all helps with your decision on this location.

David.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
9 Thank David R
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 23 January 2012

We stayed in the apartment 3 and we were 9! Peter and Jhoie were so nice to accommodate us and met our needs. Very friendly, very clean and well maintained. They even helped us rent a jeepney to take us to our destinations and the driver waited for us patiently. I am now spoiled staying in their place. I highly recommend this place for a relaxed and comfortable place to stay with your family. We will never forget this place and our hosts.

Room Tip: More than 8 people, rent apartment 4.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
11 Thank shielago
New York City, New York
Reviewed 27 December 2011

My husband & I decided to treat my family to a week in Baguio, for the Christmas holidays. They all wanted to get away from the heat and pollution of Manila. So they kept insisting we go to Baguio for a chance to wear their jackets and bonnets!
My German husband went online to search for things to do in Baguio and place to stay.
I guess being German he researched & researched before he made an itinarary he thought would suit us all! With so much to see and do in and around Baguio he also included the hire of a van and driver from Manila to Baguio and back, (actual cost was cheaper than if we had taken Victory liner bus!)
He also found a vacation apartment (called transient houses) which met his strict standards guidlines, like cleanliness, hot water, good location, WI-Fi etc etc. With our trip planned by my husband, we really did have the best family vacation ever. So we all learned a good lesson when vacationing with a large family group...."Make a Plan". that way you will get to see and experience all of what an area has to offer. Nowadays it is so easy to make the plans, cos of the net and so much info to help make decisions. All in all if you want a good place away from the humid heat go to Baguio...it got down to 12 degrees while we were there, so we all got a chance to buy bonnets here and really enjoyed the cool clear weather.
I also want to mention the big apartment my husband chose for us, (I think he was biased choosing cos they were the only ones who included a coffee maker...hehehe) The place was so good for our family needs, lots of room, big balcony, spotlessly clean, great security, and everything included for our vacation, also just 5 mins drive from the city proper, we would recommend the place to anyone who is as particular as my husband! It is listed on the net and their website has got lots of pics etc, www.baguiotransient.com , All in all we had a great time in Baguio and would honestly recommend the city and its weather as a grat place for family bonding times. Good Luck Divine

Room Tip: We had the large balcony apartment with good views and also the ground level apartment which was goo...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family