“Enjoyable stay, great food, great value!”

Azalea Residences Baguio
Ranked #3 of 48 Hotels in Baguio
Manila, Philippines
“Enjoyable stay, great food, great value!”
Reviewed 21 November 2013

This is one of the best hotels in Baguio. The moment you arrive, you see the hotel's elegant entrance. Most of us in the car had the same reaction: "Wow! Very nice." Check in was a breeze. We stayed in a two-bedroom suite, and the moment we entered the room, my dad said "This is beyond expectations!" The suite is complete with hot shower, microwave oven, utensils, oven, ref. Each room had its own TV and DVD player. The living room even had an ipod dock.

Food was good at Tradisyon restaurant. The coffee and hot choco is a must-try in Baguio! It is always important for hotels to have great food and service. The staff are really courteous. At every corner there is a hotel staff with a ready smile and warm greeting. There are just times when they can get a little forgetful. Our first night we ordered carrot cake at the resto, and the waiter seemed to have forgotten our order. Then one night I called room service to have the towels changed, but they seem to have forgotten it too, I had to remind them before the towels arrived. Nonetheless, these were small kinks that can be improved. Overall I am really satisfied with the hotel and I will surely come back here.

Room Tip: Choose the rooms with a view of the mountains.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Vanechie

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (189)
Baguio City, Baguio, Philippines
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Probably one of the best if not the best hotel in Baguio City. The staffs are very courteous greeting every guests whenever they meet them in the hallway or in the lobby. The rooms are very cozy and spacious. I would like to commend the breakfast buffet at Tradisyon, it was so good! Even the food served to us during the Google DevFest and GDay was good too. Kudos!!!

Room Tip: don't take the rooms at the back..not so good of a view :) but overall rating for me it's st...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Dustin E
Pasig, Philippines
Reviewed 8 November 2013

The only edge of this place is their kitchenette, equipped with a cooking paraphernalia . Cleanliness, maybe i can rate them moderately, location was not that appealing if your looking for the real pine trees atmosphere. Maybe the worst part of their accommodation was their food, as a traveler I'm looking forward for the breakfast included in their package, actually I'm not expecting a lavish set up for their breakfast , but i find their foods monotonous and sorry to say lack of flavor. What i observed was that a good supervisors was nowhere to find, like what happened on our 2nd day,we left our room before 12 pm and still by the time we went back at 4pm still a not yet made up , same thing what happened in their dining area, I patiently waited for my pancake for almost 20 minutes . I can't hardly recommend this place as of now , especially if your ultimate goal is to relax .

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Jjeanie7
West Hollywood, California
Reviewed 8 November 2013

My family and I stayed here at this hotel and it was the worst stay ever. The room was very filthy and both the bed needs to be replaced. I was the first person who showered and when I stepped out of the shower, the floor started to get muddy (meaning the the floors was not properly cleaned). The towels, bed sheets were stained with who knows what?!? I complained to the front desk but did not get much assistance from them. If you're looking for a clean comfortable stay when you go to Baguio, do not even bother staying at this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Anna1840
Martin A, General Manager at Azalea Residences Baguio, responded to this review, 30 December 2014
Dear Ms. Anna1840,

Warm greetings from Azalea Hotels and Residences Baguio.

We have been reviewing our past reviews and we apologize if we have not replied in the past to acknowledge this concern.

However, based in our performance review, we have addressed all said concerns, ensuring that quality assurance procedures are in place. As for linens and towels, as well as the cleanliness of the rooms and the bathrooms, we are adamant that minimum quality standards are set and implemented.

We hope that you could stay with us soon, so that you may personally see the improvements we have done. Thank you for your comments as it is through these learning opportunities that we continue to grow and develop.
Reviewed 8 November 2013

We have been to Baguio several times and have stayed at Camp John Hay, Microtel and Holiday Villa Court. We had seen the sign for Azalea Residences several times as we drove up Leonard Wood Road on our way to Mines View, so finally we decided to give it a try.

I know people usually will remember the annoyances when you stay at a hotel rather than the positives, however pointing things out to the management will usually cause changes to be made for a more positive experience.

Overall, our stay was very enjoyable. The hotel is very nice, clean and modern with spacious rooms. Our family enjoyed our stay of two nights as we visited one of our favorite spots in the Philippines. It was nice to have a kitchen area in our room, and even though we didn't do any cooking, the ref was put to good use. The balcony was nice in the front of the hotel and gave a good view of Baguio. It was nice and cool there, so no need for any air-conditioning.

A few annoyances which we noted. The parking garage is around the corner and in the lower level of the hotel. Never had situation where I had to surrender my drivers license to the lady in the garage in order to park there. My identification card would be given back to me when we checked out. Up in the room, we got unpacked and noticed the bed only had one sheet. The bottom sheet, They did not have any top sheet on the bed, just the comforter. I would prefer to sleep in between two sheets, rather than have the comforter which other people have used, to be next to my body. Called the front desk and it took over an hour to get housekeeping up to the room to provide the extra sheet as well as to provide bedding for the sleeper sofa. They said that they only had two housekeepers working and many requests for service was the cause of the slow service. The next morning, we put a sign on the door to make up our room and we went up to Mines View, Burnham Park, SM and then back to the hotel. We were shocked to find out by mid afternoon, that our rooms had not be freshened. Bed not made up and old towels etc were still in the bathroom.

For the most part the food in the restaurant was good. Breakfast was not included in the room rate. We ate one dinner there, and I had spaghetti which I thought was very good. My wife had a pork dish, and she complained about the fatty content of the pork and complained to the server. No body from restaurant management came over to check on the lack of quality of the one meal.

As I said, overall, the stay was very pleasant and I would recommend Azalea Residences to others considering a visit to Baguio. Although we had a car with us, we used taxi cabs to get around Baguio. The hotel staff was very efficient in getting us a cab when we needed and we didn't have to wait long at all for the cab to show up. All in all we liked the hotel.

Room Tip: If you want a room with a balcony, be sure to specify that when you make your reservations. Not all...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank TheChief_Theboss
Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia
Reviewed 3 November 2013

The room that we stayed to for 2 nights was big enough to accommodate 8 of us with individual flat screen TV's and DVD player for the 3 big rooms. Be warned though that the rooms we got facing the stonewall have no cellphone signals (Globe and Smart) and you have to stay out of the balcony just to have a minimal signal. The in-house wi-fi service is very slow and you can hardly load a webpage even if you're just using your smartphone to browse their official website. If you are dining at the buffet hall try to avoid the area away from the main dining hall. The distribution of food might be different among the 2 halls. You might end up not eating the same stuff the main buffet hall has to offer. When we pointed out that there was a foreign thing with the food, the staff apologized and took away the plate but didn't bother to check at the same remaining food being served.

When we were about to check out there was no electricity inside the rooms but the hallways and lifts were still functional. They actually told the guests that they are extending the check out time for that day because of the power failure. I guess the hotel is quite new but I agree with other reviewers that this hotel definitely needs more improvement.

Room Tip: the rooms we got facing the stonewall have no cellphone signals (Globe and Smart) and you have to st...
Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Balaoan, La Union, Philippines
Reviewed 24 October 2013

nice, clean, friendly staffs. Plus it has a kitchen!!! very nice if you want to prepare your own food. and they have a set of cooking utensils you can borrow. there is ample parking space. the place is quiet

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Chester D