“Superb Service. Really Cozy Place. Value for Money.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Baguio
Forest House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #7 of 96 Baguio B&B and Inns
Reviewed 23 July 2014

I had a mini tour of the bed and breakfast area of Forest House when I, the boyfriend and a couple of friends dined in at their restaurant last May 2014. From the restaurant experience itself to the free tour I know I'd definitely be back.

Indeed, just this July, me and my best of friends opted to stay here for a weekend staycation. Even my friends had a really nice initial impression of the place. I booked Yuri room for the for us at 40% discount from the rainy days promo. The room was big enough for us. It actually suited us four. We just paid the additional cost for two pax. It included toiletries and towels for four, spacious cabinets, powder table, a study table, a wide LCD TV, two beds which were big enough for two people. It also has a door leading to the garden. The Yuri room is located at the basement of Forest House and it's the only room there hence it felt like the outside of the Yuri room or the entirety of the basement were part of what we paid for. Since it's a bed and breakfast it included a really sumptuous blue plate breakfast.

Our stay was made more special due to the superb service provide by this B&B. I would like to commend Ana, for delivering outstanding services together with her team -- from getting the delivery no. of McDo to a little birthday surprise prepared for a friend (with a complementary slice of cake! Wow!).

The only disappointing part was the per hour charges on either early check-in or check out.

I highly recommend this place. It maybe a tad over the usual B&B prices but services compensate it.

Room Tip: Yuri room at the basement is a good choice on like having your own place except that you would hear...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Merie C
There are newer reviews for Forest House Bed and Breakfast

Reviewed 3 July 2014

I have not stayed here, I went with my daughter, son in law and three grand children for a meal. The food is excellent, the staff friendly and the atmosphere is relaxed. The service seemed a little slow but when one gets the food one can forgive this. It is very reasonably priced.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank robpealing
Reviewed 3 February 2014

My husband and I stayed here last January 31, 2014. The place is cozy and nice. We got the last available room which was Yuri at the basement. We were actually in Baguio already the day before but we needed to transfer because the hotel we first stayed in was already fully booked for January 31. We requested to be allowed to check-in by 12 noon after we check-out from our previous hotel but sadly, they didn't want to waive the fee for the early check-in and wanted to charge us extra for the 2 hours. That was a bit disappointing since the room was available anyway and we could have had lunch at their Bistro. We just decided to leave our things at our first hotel, headed to town for the morning then just pick up our things and check-in after 2pm.

We were having dinner at Baguio Country Club that evening and heading back to Manila before lunch the next day so we didn't have a chance to try their bistro except for the breakfast meal.
We requested for a pitcher of water to be brought to our room before we went out to dinner but nobody came to bring it. When we got back around 9:30pm, we called to request for water again and it took them more than 30 minutes and 2 follow-up calls before they were able to bring it.

Service definitely needs to be improved if they want customers to be impressed enough to recommend the place and come back.

We had high expectations but were sadly disappointed.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank nimfaglo
Reviewed 31 January 2014 via mobile

The accommoddation is great! Clean and cozy. But if you are a light sleeper you may bothered by the footsteps of people above, because thee flooring is wood you cant helo but hear their steps.
Overall the place,service, and food is great!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 October 2013 via mobile

We had lunch here on the way to Camp John Hay. I have read good reviews about this cafe, but I am disappointed. The ambiance is good, but service was lousy. There were only two tables filled when we entered the cafe, but noone was by the counter/door to lead us to our seats. We ordered a group meal consisting of bagnet, veggies, soup and dessert. It took about 30 mins. or so before the meal came, so don't bother going here when you're super hungry. The servings were huge, maybe can feed even six if you are average eaters. Unfortunately, the food is not as tasty as I expected. Ilocos bagnet still tastes better and the veggies are just practically boiled. The salsa (if that's what it was) is blunt. The only things i loved were the desserts. We had blueberry cheesecake and tiramisu. The blueberry cheesecake is yummy! Based on content and taste, i think it's a bit pricey. Overall, it was nice trying this place, but maybe i would try to order something else when i come back.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 September 2013

My wife and I and daughter were cruising around Baguio with a driver trying to find a place that was just right. The Forest House looked good from the outside but it was hard to tell because the façade was small. In the end this is one of the best place I ever stayed in. The restaurant is great and very reasonable (great breakfasts are "included" in the price). The building itself is a marvel of exposed beams, bricks and heavy old stone. The views are great, across the valley towards the hills and mountains on the other side. The service was unbelievable. The waitress waited practically at attention while we ate breakfast. We discreetly left about $2 on the table one morning for a tiny tip and the server came after us because she thought we left it there by accident.
We paid about $70/night which was there rainy season rate (August). I don't know what their high season rates are, maybe double.
My only criticism is that during the damp time we were there the room got a little musty. Otherwise we were very happy and I would recommend this place very highly.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank ricaragua
Reviewed 22 July 2013 via mobile

At first, when I saw the frontage, I thought I shouldn't expect too much. The parking was too stiff and small. But when the receptionists showed us the rooms, I was amazed and somehow feel relaxed already. The rooms are clean, friendly staff, good weather, very good food and very affordable. Definitely worth the money.

• Stayed: June 2013