Microtel is known for their world class standard and for me it definitely is! It is my first time to encounter the Microtel experience and it's just perfect. I called the hotel one week before our trip and the reservation was made, no reservation fee was required. We got the room for Php 2500/night for a single room good for 2 persons. On the day of our trip, we received a text message to confirm our time of arrival, I called the hotel and confirmed, at the same time I enquired about the discounted rate for Victory Liner passengers. The staff on the other line was very kind and informed us that we are eligible for the discount, we got the room for Php 2125/night instead of Php 2500/night.
When we arrived at the hotel, the hotel guard has greeted us warmly and directed us to the lobby where we checked in. Free flowing coffee and tea is available at the cozy lobby and you can watch a movie while waiting for the room to be prepared. The hotel staffs were very friendly and always have smiles on their faces.
The hotel room was very nice, with a huge window and a couch beside it. The bed is perfect with their famous chiropractic mattress. The bathroom is just average but with the cold baguio clime the hot and cold shower is just perfect! They had 3 types of towels, toilet paper, shampoo and soap. There's also an airconditioning which is not very common in Baguio hotels. Wifi is also available but expensive at Php100/ hour. You can also rent a laptop for Php 50/ hour. Overall the room was very good but It would be even nicer if they will have toothbrush, toothpaste, lotion and bathrobes, and slippers at no additional cost.
Breakfast was served from 6:30 am to 10:00 am. I was amazed with it since I have no knowledge that it's a buffet, I was hoping for a toast or simple tapsilog. There's a salad bar which have fresh greens, cucumber, fruits, grilled potatoes, and kidney bean salad, a pastry table, a cereal bar which is perfect for kids, and the main course which has baked macaroni, burger steak, crispy fish sticks, and mixed veggies. They also have an egg station where you can order freshly cooked eggs of your choice, mine is scrambled, I loved it. To make it short, it's one heck of a breakfast.
On the day of our departure, we called the hotel to ask for the bus schedule and they answered right away. Before we left the hotel, they gave us a free membership in Wyndham hotels which made me very excited to visit the other microtels.
Next stop Microtel Boracay (August) and Microtel Davao (January).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Microtel Baguio is a 60-room hotel beside the modern Victory Liner Passenger. A bridge way connects the hotel to the bus terminal thus ensuring greater accessibility for the guests.It is the same great hotel everywhere you go with Microtel's consistency in cleanliness, comfort, safety and value. Of course, Microtel Baguio's service is further enhanced by the Filipino's warm sense of hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Baguio reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Microtel Inns And Suites Baguio
- Microtel Inns & Suites Baguio Hotel Baguio
- Microtel Baguio
- Baguio Microtel
- Microtel Hotel Baguio