See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 6 May 2017

Me and my family originally was planning for a 4 day vacation at Palawan but we were cut short due to planning too late for the trip 'specially my mother wants our vacations runnin' smooth and without any kind of problem. So we back downed and decided for a 3 days and 2 Nights trip in Baguio during the First Night we stayed at Inn Rocio (A Hotel wherein we kept returning at because of their service,value and rooms.) We negotiated with the personnel in order to stay but for a night only. So that means we need another place to stay in. There we found this Hotel. First Impression is rather odd, The place is a converted from a Hospital ( I guess) The personnel were nice and fast but when we were brought to the room we were about to stay,on the way to the room is like your in a horror movie every floor you descend a nurse station is seen. Once we were on the room the floor mats have some sort of stain, the mirror has some sort of black stain covering it.Truth is I had trouble sleeping. The next day, when I was taking a bath, I felt being watched by someone opposite of me and opposite means that mirror I was talking about. So please if you wanna have a real vacation I advise don't go here.

Date of stay: December 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Alan M
Reviewed 20 April 2017

This is a budget hotel; you get what you pay for. I've been here almost every year for ten years now and I have not encountered any problem. The grotto is about a hundred steps from the hotel and there are stores nearby for your last minute shopping. You can cook your own meals (if you are in the apartelle) or you can dine in the hotel's restaurant. Wifi is available but onlly in the lobby.

Room tip: Choose the apartelles if you are a family or a group of friends. You can do cardio work outs by going up and around the grotto.
Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 April 2017 via mobile

Hotel is quite far from the city center so you have to take a cab to get to Session Road, Burnham Park, etc. Stayed at their 'barkada room' and although it was clean, the room was situated in the 'old building' and lobby is a bit creepy at night.

Date of stay: February 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 January 2016

It was late and we need to settle which hotel we spent holidays. It was late also to get our sense that all of the 3-4star hotel (let say decent hotel) are all booked and we are stuck thinking our trip will be in the night. We tried to find good and in budget until it came across with Skyrise Hotel located in Dominican. Seems good in picture and in budget so in a hurry we book it very fast without reading any feedback from other travelers.

We arrive early but the staff let us checked in ( and very thankful coz its very cold). The staff are friendly. We ask for Electric Kettle for coffee but told us they dont have but they give Hot water for free so we grab it.

The Room are quite spacious but its cold also the thing we dont like it is the phone is not functional, every time we need something we need to go upstair and ask them. (well we count it as exercise for good vibes:) ) Every runs smoothly for our 3 days stay.

Facility:

Rooms are not so modern
TV is still CRT type and not so clear

Room tip: Choose room in the 4flr it has good view
Date of stay: December 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 December 2015 via mobile

4787.50Php wasted on Christmas Day 2015. My booked family holiday was almost ruined when we got to this hotel. We were accompanied by the hotel assistant who was accommodating but obviously embarrased to show us where our room is. The elevator had a very moldy smell. I had to hold my breath until we reached the 4th flr. We entered room 409 which has a very small window for ventilation. The walls were inclining, I feel it will collapse anytime. All 3 double decks have no stairs & the bed posts were only held by thin wires. Old blankets were provided, 6 small bar soaps & a small thermos for hot water.
I always wondered why there is no cancellation policy for this particular booking when I paid it online on the last week of November. I now know the reason why. It is because when you decide not to stay once you see how dilapidated this hotel is, you need to find another hotel & shell out money again, worst, they get to keep your hard earned money.
It is highly recommended that the management either renovate the place or shut it down. I personally think that they survive operating mainly because they dupe tourists online and I was one of them. They should not be allowed to advertise anywhere. I wish I have taken pictures so nobody else will be interested to book their dream vacation in this hotel. It is a totally bogus deal!

Date of stay: December 2015