“I expected less, came out with more...”
Review of Hotel Veniz

and 1 more site!
Hotel Veniz
Ranked #12 of 50 Hotels in Baguio
Reviewed 25 January 2014

The hotel maybe right smack in the middle of a crowded city a stone throw away from the a beautiful riot that is the Night Market at Harrison Road or the always calm and whimsical Burnham Park.. I enjoyed my trip last year January of 2013. Friendly staff that will greet you good morning or they will greet you back if ever you greet them. Assistance is very efficient. I say try it out, just don't miss your free breakfast, you get to have hot breakfast served buffet style, I suggest doing it after having a morning jog or walk at Burnham Park or along Session or Harrison Rd.

Though I might not book this hotel again, because I always want to experience new places (I'll book a Transient house next time).

Overall I give it a 4/5

Room Tip: book online
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank JMKENOLA

Reviewed 23 January 2014

Our room is old and very dark. The things that I love about Hotel Veniz are its location, price and staff. Booking through phone is reliable and efficient. Staff are also considerate, polite and very approachable. Breakfast buffet is average. Accommodation rate is reasonable. Security is good.

Room Tip: ask for a room with a window
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank ruthperiquet
Reviewed 9 January 2014

We heard from the news that it is very cold in Baguio these days, so I decided to spend our Christmas in Baguio since I cannot afford to bring my family in US. Like before, I checked-in in Hotel Veniz in Baguio. Like before, the staff are very hospitable, the food is great (my youngest daughter enjoys it very much), the hotel is very safe for a family like us as I have 2 daughters though the location is traffic . All in all, we have a very good christmas vacation spent in Baguio and would really love to go back again and again...

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank titagandah
Reviewed 5 January 2014

Hotel Veniz is located right across from Burnham Park, within walking distance from Cafe by The Ruins, SM Baguio and Baguio Cathedral, and is facing Session Road, Abanao Street and Magsaysay Avenue, all of which are busy roads from where you can catch a jeepney or taxi to Baguio's other attractions. For eating and shopping, there is a night market right in front of the hotel, as well as good shopping on Session Road, and a McDonald's as well as a supermarket right above the hotel reception and a small shopping arcade with access to a pedestrian overpass on the mezzanine level.
The rooms themselves are reasonable, with cable TV but the free WiFi the hotel advertises is there but doesn't work unless you are in the lobby or in the lounge on levels 5 or 6 in front of the elevator. The windows behind the blinds in almost all rooms have no view, and thus the sun won't shine through them for you to make out the time. Parking can be a problem - the underground guest parking is small and you have to go up THEN down several narrow flights of stairs just to reach the reception. All except the Junior Standard room have air conditioning - but since this is Baguio, the air conditioning is unnecessary and can be a nuisance if you get one of the rooms where you just can't seem to turn it off fully. Rooms also come with a refrigerator, safe and the hotel provides complimentary toothpaste, toothbrushes, shampoo, soap, towels and slippers. If you are unlucky enough to get a room on the 4th floor, there is a level 4 button on the elevator, but won't take you there, instead, you go to 3rd or 5th floor by elevator, then take the secondary set of stairs (NOT the one next to the elevator) to the 4th floor.
To take advantage of the free buffet breakfast (of which the menu changes day to day), there is a set of coupons sent to your room every day that you must present to be granted the free breakfast, which is on the 3rd floor, directly on your right once you exit the elevator. Note that the "Mango-Orange Juice" there is simply water flavoured with Tang.
Overall, the main advantage of this hotel is its location.

Room Tip: Contact them to ask if your room is on the 4th floor because that floor has inconvenient access, and...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank 187491HappyWheels
Reviewed 4 January 2014 via mobile

Our family always books at this Hotel due to convenience of location from burnham and session road. And booking has always been positive as they get back to you. Staff ate likewise very good.

However, i pity the good working people there as the hotel facilities do not live up to the service they provide.

Lets start at the lobby. Rundown filty and dirty sofas. Room 317 , luckily our room was tiled not carpetted like before because unclean carpet really smells and you kind of itch all over. The blanket looked dirty was not white and does not smell good. Now the toilet. Mould all over even the ceiling. With this experience we decided to book to another hotel. The cabinet was leaning because the footing is damaged. No ref.

Conclusion: maintenance is very poor, we've been here more than 5 years and i'd swear if i leave a mark or dirt on a wall it will still be there (i am empahsizing here the deterioration over the tears). All we ask is basic amenities and cleanliness is it that hard to ask for?

Stayed: December 2013
5  Thank Lohwasser
Reviewed 26 December 2013

We stayed here because of the location. I dont think that the rooms are cleaned properly. The carpet is unbelievably dirty, never been shampooed or vacuumed. The bathroom smells like a public restroom. I got bug bites after the first night had it not been the holidays we would have move to a different hotel. Yes, free breakfast but it's not that good, passable if you're hungry.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 December 2013 via mobile

We stayed in Veniz for two occassions this December and we both stayed in their Family suite.
The first room we stayed in was just next to the lift on the 5th floor (505??) and you can hear it whenever the lift opens (we weren't bothered by it though). The second room we stayed was 506 (if i remembered correctly) and it is a lot bigger and more quiet than the other room so we did like it better there.

PROS:
-Huge and clean rooms with balcony
-Good selection for breakfast
-Porters and housekeepers are friendly
-Service is fast
-Checkin and checkout was fast
-located just at the bottom of session road, walking distance from SM, and is near the market and burnham park.

CONS:
-The water kettle in both family suite was really dirty
-both rooms we stayed in was a family suite yet all amenities was only for single occupancy (any reason why?). Aside from the towels there were only one slipper, one toothbrush set, one coffee set, etc. Could be better if these have been anticipated ahead of time to save the guests from calling just for additional stuffs.
-upon checkout (dec4) on our second stay the front office staff handed me a blank receipt and asked me to sign on it. Understood that they must be busy, but nobody signs a blank receipt (well atleast not for me).

Overall, the stay was good.. would still love to be back..

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family