“Cozy, but far from everywhere” 3 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Ridgewood Hotel
Ranked #19 of 50 Hotels in Baguio
Cebu City, Philippines
“Cozy, but far from everywhere”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2013

If you are in Baguio only for the weather then this is the place for you. But make sure to reserve the rooms upstairs, not the basement. Mornings in Baguio is really sweet. Cool air and foggy. The rooms are not airconditioned but it gets cold at night, just open the windows. no worroes, the windows are screened, so no unwanted insects. But if you are in Baguio to shop then this might not be a good place for you. The hotel is a bit far from the center of activity. You need to call for a taxi. The hotel is near Mines view, though.
Breakfast in Ridgewood is very Filipino, which is nice. The service employees are ok, some are friendly some are so so.

Room Tip: Choose the rooms upstairs.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank TAGT2010

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Dagupan, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2013

My daughter and I achieved what we've been wanting to have - that is, to unwind and have a relaxing experience at a place we're going to stay. Booking at the Ridgewood Residence was a perfect thing to do. The place is clean, the staff are very helpful and accommodating, the food and the room passed my expectations.It is the serenity of the place that really captivated me. After a tiring day visiting places , it was a comfort to rest in a place away from the noise of the city. We would definitely go back at Ridgewood. Kudos to the staff! esp. to the head waiter for being so helpful in suggesting how to maximize our stay without the hassles of bringing our stuffs so we can enjoy the places we wanted to visit.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Mayet F
Taguig
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2013

I wont end the year without visiting this place ... my heart really belongs to the woods and one of the best place that we keep on stay and visiting is this Hotel, where they give comfort to everyones who walk in. their cook was so thoughtful and caring the Managers are all kind and hospitable. Very good for this place is like my 2nd home. So excited to visit again this November.

Room Tip: Rooms on the Left side to show case the Mountain area ... you can feel the breeze when you wake up.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank luzvy
Malolos, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2013

We spent 2 nights in Ridgewood Residence right after Christmas (Dec 26-28). I booked the hotel through Asiatravel. I honestly wanted to stay at The Manor but since our booking is a bit rushed and it's holiday, I didn't get the chance to get a room from any of the hotels within Camp John Hay including Baguio Country Club. Most hotels are fully booked and I was lucky that Asiatravel is able to get me a deluxe room. I later on learned after calling the hotel to request for an extra bed that it was the last room available and that it is supposedly for person with disability (the bathroom was extra big to accommodate wheelchair). The hotel was nice enough to accommodate my request for extra bed. Out of the hotels with available accommodation I am glad that I chose this hotel. I really wanted a place that is near the pine trees. Since we had a car it was not much of a problem to go back and forth the hotel which is right after The Mansion and Wright Park.

The hotel is small but was beautifully decorated. I specially enjoyed the restaurant dining area which is very near the reception. The high ceiling and the wooden structure of the hotel gave it a homey feel.

I read from another review that a few more hundreds it is better to get the deluxe room over the standard and I am glad i did that. We inserted the bed in the middle and it looked like an extended King size bed. The two single beds and extra bed sandwiched in the middle was a good idea for the whole family. I traveled with my Husband, mother and 2 kids and we comfortably fit it one deluxe room with extra bed.

The room was clean although the initial towels provide were kinda old the next day i noticed the towels are newer. Our room had veranda and it was just a pleasant sight to see the trees outside. Going to Baguio on a December is like going to a Hong Kong on an early winter. The weather is perfectly fine, our room does not have aircon but it stayed cool the whole time even when veranda sliding door is closed.

Just as what one reviewer said i also thought it was funny or rather weird that the pillows still has the thick plastic cover beneath the pillow sheets, In general the beds are okay and comfortable to sleep on.

The bathroom was clean and there were enough toiletries i just thought it needs a little more scrubbing specifically the corners of the shower area.

The hotel service isn't 5-star but is definitely warm. The breakfast buffet despite few selection was something we enjoyed. I also think that the restaurant price is very reasonable. We had one of our dinners in the hotel and for a meal for 5 persons with 4 viands our bill was a little less than 800. The food were good especially the pakbet we liked it and my My mom specially liked the chopsuey. I think I enjoyed their food more than eating from Solibao.

The hotel is a 15 minute walk to The Mansion and Wright Park. It was also few kilometers away from Mines View (one jeepney ride) where you get to see that famous St. Bernand dog and buy some souvenirs.

Overall for less than PHP3000 a night, our stay at Ridegwood is value for money and at certain point I can say we got the most out of what we have paid for.

Room Tip: Get the deluxe room it could fir 2 adults and 2 kids.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank janey_bei
Quezon City, Philippines
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2012

Near The Mansion and Wright Park, this hotel has a very nice location, very peaceful and a good place to rest. The lobby has a nice interior decoration and a good place to have coffee every morning. The breakfast has a limited selection but is good. We stayed at a junior suite room, a bit small but its clean and has good water current. The bed and mattress are not so comfortable but acceptable.

• Stayed October 2012
2 Thank travelandcupcake
Manila
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2012

I chose this hotel because it is away from the busy streets of Baguio, and also because of the lush greenery.

The rooms are well-ventilated even without airconditioning because of the cool climate.The staff is attentive to the requests of the guests. The bathrooms were spacious and water heaters in the shower and lavatory function properly. Toiletries are provided: shampoo and conditioner, lotion, toothbrush kit, shower cap, cotton buds and soap.The cable tv has a lot of channels thus there is a lot to choose from, but there is no program guide.

If you are in the lobby, you can have access to the wi-fi, no password needed.

Food takes a long time to prepare. 30 minutes or more. But at least you are assured that the food is newly-cooked.

Price is reasonable too.

Setbacks:
The towels were not that new though. Pillows are encased in the original wrapper (plastic wrapper), then covered with a pillow protector and pillowcase.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank ASEManila
Manila, Philippines
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2012 via mobile

Someone suggested staying at this hotel and, after seeing their website, we decided to give it a try. It was a cute little place with rest house chalet type architecture and wooden tables/beds/drawers. The information was small and dining area was large. One thing I noticed was that there seemed to be very few guests. None at the dining room at dinner time. I only saw one other guest although the management claim they were fully booked. That in itself should have warned us of the place but being tired from the long trip we decided to give it a try, at least for the night.

The staff was courteous but not helpful. Smiles seemed forced and there was no eagerness to greet guests. Just doing their jobs that's all. They don't respond unless you ask them a question directly. Guard had a big umbrella since it was raining but he was busy using it for himself as he helps drivers park and doesn't assist guests getting out of cars. You pay for what you get I suppose.

The deluxe room was small but comparable to other hotels in that price range. Their beds were really small too, it was more of a kids' bed than an adults'. Their twin bed was 35 inches and the queen bed was more of a full bed at 45 inches. More like the beds you see at dorms than at hotels. Their junior suite room was bigger but the bed was just the same. There was just the added feature of a personal ref, a wash area near the ref (no cooking equipments though) a small wooden couch (sits 2 small persons comfortably).in fact everything about this place was tiny and I can't help thinking that the owners were probably small boned Asians who wears xxs or s size clothes.
Sheets and towels were faded and looked like they haven't been changed for a while even in the junior suite room. I wish they would replace them with new stocks. The tv was old fashioned and their remote doesn't work most of the time.
The toilet and bath was dirty looking. Tiles need replacing or a good scrubbing in places. Their water heater takes a long time to start but so does not heaters in Baguio. The thing is that their shower doesn't work (water leaks out of the tubings) and we were too tired to complain since we had agreed to move out the next day.I figured they should know it doesn't work since the place isn't new and someone was supposedly cleaning up after guest leaves. (they did check and repair our toilet flush without us knowing it was defective once they realized we were going to be checked into that room.)
Next time I wouldn't believe in websites and read reviews before I book.
I wouldn't recommend this to friends unless I want to get rid of them. And I would definitely not stay here again unless they do something about the negative thins written by everyone about the place.

Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank travelwise2010

Travellers are raving about these Baguio hotels