“Spacious and Clean.”

Hotel Supreme Convention Plaza
Ranked #16 of 50 Hotels in Baguio
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I've been to this hotel several times already, though haven't checked in, I've seen their clean rooms. Was invited to perform in their grand ball room several times, the acoustics and the sound system is good; the food is also good, the whole place is clean and you will find yourself having more than enough space to breathe.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Jeannard Jay T
HotelSupreme88, Manager at Hotel Supreme Convention Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Dear Jeannard Jay T,

Thank you for the 4-star rating. We greatly appreciate the comments and feedback. We are continuously improving our hotel facilities and desire to exceed guest expectations. Thank you for acknowledging our good acoustics and sound system in our Diamond Grand Ballroom. We look forward to your next banquet/event at Hotel Supreme Convention Plaza.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

I am making this review for the old Hotel Supreme. Though the rooms we got are non-airconditioned rooms...it was just fine. We had electric fans. The hotel is a bit far from the city business district so not too much pollution. Easy access to Strawberry Farms and even to the city either by Jeepneys of Taxis.
What I liked most is the courteousness and very accommodating hotel staff, special mention to the Front desk people and service staff.
Water heater is functioning fine. Outdoor pool is okay but may need some cleaning from time to time.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Reyosabajr

Dear Reyosabajr,

Thank you for the feedback. We greatly appreciate your 4-star rating. Thank you for acknowledging our courteous and accommodating hotel staff. We take pride in the way they have rendered to you quality service. We look forward to your next stay with Hotel Supreme.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

we appreciate good service by the staff. they are polite and the front desks staff are approachable. the room rate is affordable and yet shown a remarkable place to stay because of its cleanliness and make us feel comfortable as well. food is okay.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
8  Thank shee v
HotelSupreme88, Manager at Hotel Supreme Convention Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Dear shee v,

Thank you for giving us a feedback. We greatly appreciate the 5-star rating. We take pride in the way our hotel staff have rendered to you good service. We look forward to your next stay with Hotel Supreme.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

Last April 17-19, 2014, I treated my family to a Holy Week Vacation in Baguio. We stayed at Hotel Supreme Convention Plaza in La Trinidad. Months prior our stay, I am already canvassing for cheap hotels nearby Burnham Park. Mostly were already fully booked since its peak season. (I only finalize our vacation in an instant.) As I was searching for van rentals for our city tour, I've noticed that the travel agency also offers room accommodation from which I saw Hotel Supreme. Rates were pretty higher when you inquire to them hence I already directed my call to the hotel itself.

I checked the hotel's website and it's really enticing having the hotel's lobby as its background. It was nice, clean and well-lit. These are deciding factors why I urgently booked a Family Deluxe Room for us. We are only 4persons and two double beds suit our needs. A night costs only Php 2,600.00 and its really cheap for that kind of hotel. By the way, I got all the information thru phone call only since only their manager had access to the hotel's email and even up to now, I do not get any reply from them! The next day, I deposited the first night as our down payment to secure our booking. Transaction was made thru Metrobank transfer. Voila! We're already reserved!

Weeks prior our arrival, I boast the hotel's website to my boyfriend to let him see what our hotel looks like :) To my surprise, it was the same hotel they've stayed during our College Educational Tour last 2007? 2008? It is where they got all the negative issues: no phone signal, basement location of room, old fashioned room, etc. I was really shocked of what I've heard. The next day, I called Hotel Supreme to confirm if it is the same hotel that I've paid the down payment and it was not! At first, they did not inform me that they have two hotels- the old & the new one. The room I booked was actually located in the old hotel where all my boyfriend's criticisms reflect. Of course, I cannot anymore refund the down payment I've paid. Instead, I asked if we could move to the new hotel since it is the prettier version; it was the background of the website I was enticed of. The hotel receptionist approved my request but I need to pay additional Php 1,350.00 since the rate per night for the new hotel is Php 3,950.00 OMG! It's really shocking! This is way too expensive for our trip! Tsk! I asked if it's possible to pay the additional upon check-in since I've already deposited a down payment. They refused and told me that I needed to pay one night as down payment for the new hotel. It was really a shock since I have a budget to follow for our whole trip. Though it ended like this, I already pursued for the new hotel because we have no choice at all.

The day of our vacation came. We arrived our 07:30 in the morning via Victory Liner. We are all exhausted having felt the tragic moment at the terminal in Cubao (as you all know the news on tv is real!) We just wanted to rest and lie down the whole day to rejuvenate our exhaustion the night before. The hotel's location is in La Trinidad and it's really far from the city as well as in Burnham Park. You need to ride a taxi from Baguio Terminal to reach there (though we've learned that we could also ride jeepneys later on) The new hotel was as precise as the one on the website. The lobby was big and spacious. There were lots of sofa's to sit for visitors waiting for their check-in's/check-out's. Though the lobby is not airconditioned, you'll still feel the cold breeze of Baguio from inside :) As for all the hotels. standard check-in is around 2pm and we were already at the hotel 8 in the morning and my family's all tired. Our room is not yet available since it was occupied the night ago. However, the hotel manager or in-charge during our stay offered the same room I booked but with no air-condition only. They were kind enough to let us feel first the ambiance of the room before continuing. I let my sister feel it since she was the one meticulous when it comes to the room temperature. As much as possible, she'd like to have an electric fan or aircon when sleeping. Maybe, due to here tiredness, she agreed to have the room already to have a rest.

The family deluxe room consists of two two single beds ajacent to each other which makes it double. The bed was really soft and comfortable to sleep though the pillows are really big and will cause you stiff neck if you sleep to it. I think none of us used it. The bed provides a thick blanket and one towel per head. There were spacious cabinets to place your luggage or clothes with, a big window facing the ladderized houses of Baguio, a cable television which is not LED type, a ceiling fan at the center of the room, and telephone line which provides local and long distance calls. The bathroom has a bathtub with hot and cold shower although it's quite narrow for me. Overall, our room is what we've paid for. We spent the entire day at the hotel to gain our energies. Late in the afternoon where we decided to go out to Burnham to stroll around.

We tried the hotel's restaurant, Ivy's Grill & Bar I think. Their arroz caldo is blond but their Clubhouse Sandwich is simply the best! Moreso, the housekeeping staffs are kind. We requested a pitcher of hot and cold water and they gave it immediately. The hotel also provides one complimentary bottle a day. But since the water station is just around the corner of our floor, we just refilled our pitcher every now and then. I forgot to mention that the hotel features electronic key cards and they provide two copies per room. Our room is well ventilated but not that cold esp at night. I think it's because of summer heat that affected Baguio's cold breeze. I forgot to mention that they have WIFI too reachable up to the 8th floor of the building! :)

Overall, our stay in Hotel Supreme Convention Plaza is good :) we enjoyed the facilities and services!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Xue G
HotelSupreme88, Manager at Hotel Supreme Convention Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Dear Xue G,

Thank you for staying with Hotel Supreme. We appreciate the 4-star rating given to the hotel. We have made significant upgrades and improvements to our original hotel building. We hope you can check it out on your next visit. We are delighted to know you have enjoyed your stay at the hotel. It is our desire to make each stay of best value to our customers. We shall take note of your comments/suggestions and make improvements on it. We look forward in serving you once again.

Reviewed 11 April 2014

We stayed here for one night then transferred to John Hay Hotel but we came back and stayed another 3 nights...we came back to stay because we realised the rooms are much nicer, air conditioned ( very important especially on summer time) spacious and better value of money. We had a good stay and will surely come back again.. Opposite is another supreme hotel, here they have got swimming pool which I guess guest are welcome to use their pool.
I strongly recommend this hotel, Supreme Hotel and Convention Plaza.

The only downside is the breakfast area, it seems it is in the wrong corner. Over all it is a lovely hotel.

Room Tip: We stayed in executive suite.. Has a jacuzzi but we never used:)
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank kalinga12
HotelSupreme88, Manager at Hotel Supreme Convention Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

Dear kalinga12,

Thank you for your patronage and we appreciate the 5-star rating given to the hotel. It is our desire to make each stay of best value to our customers. We shall take note of your suggestions and improve on it. We look forward in serving you once again.

Reviewed 22 February 2014 via mobile

Me and my family have a relaxing stay at this hotel! It is cheap but the rooms are great! Clean rooms, friendly staff, free breakfast, and free wifi. The hotel is about 10mins drive from the city center but it is easy to find. The location is convenient as there are public transportation in front of the hotel.

Stayed: February 2014
7  Thank ChrisMotski

Dear ChrisMotski,

Thank you for staying with us. We are glad that you had a relaxing stay. We sincerely appreciate the 4-star rating. We shall continue to upgrade our hotel facility and services to better serve our valued guest. We hope to see you again at Hotel Supreme.

Reviewed 19 January 2014

Although initially the building makes a good impression, the room we had (515) was nothing special: in fact the bathroom door was damaged, there were holes in the panels where a hand-grip for getting and out of the bath had been, and the rim of the handbasin was thick with gunge (see photos).
When we wanted to drink some water, a cockroach, about 3 cm long, dropped from underneath the tissue covering the top of the glass.
The real depths were reached when a party took place on the 3rd floor. There is no 4th floor, so the music was deafening in our room. We tried to sleep, hoping the party would end (we had a taxi coming at 4 a.m. the next morning). At 1.30 I went to reception, and they could not give me any information. They said they had already had complaints. I went to the ballroom suite and tried to speak to the party organisers. One very drunk person became abusive and threatened me with violence - he had to be restrained.
The Desk Clerk on Night Duty, who told me the party would go on till 4 a.m., was VERY helpful, and arranged a room for us on the 8th floor. Silence, sleep!
The waiting staff in the breakfast room were all right, but the service in the "Futures" restaurant was uncaring and sloppy. The tables were not clean, and the staff seemed more interested in maintaining private conversations while perched on the bar stools (intended for guests) than attending to their customers.
Front Desk staff seemed uninterested in their work. Although everything they said was peppered with "Sir" and "Madam" there was little speedy reaction to requests.
The Security Officers helped us across the very busy street many times - not only busy, but also highly polluted with choking diesel fumes from the many jeepneys chugging up and down the hill.
There is a Business Centre, so-called, in the old Supreme hotel across the road. There is one very old computer for guests. The personnel were helpful, though.

In general, there seemed to be no commitment to customer service, and the party was a demonstration of how NOT to run a hotel, how NOT to respect your guests, how to ensure a bad posting on Trip Advisor.

Baguio is a crowded, ugly place, not worth the visit, honestly, and this hotel is certainly not to be recommended. I have e-mailed them twice to say I intended to post a clear review on TripAdvisor, but did not get the courtesy of a reply. Honestly, I want my MONEY BACK!

Room Tip: Frankly, don't bother. If you MUST stay here, opt for the 8th floor. Get a back room (the front...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
7  Thank bradstow2
HotelSupreme88, Manager at Hotel Supreme Convention Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

Dear Valued Guest: bradstow 2

Our sincerest appreciation for the time you have spent in giving us a feedback review. We must apologize for the bathroom issues you have raised. Our engineering & housekeeping personnel have given immediate attention to the matter. Management has made a full inspection of guest rooms and shall make the necessary repairs and corrections to satisfy our valued customers.

The hotel caters to local functions and events. It was unfortunate though that the event that evening played loud music, causing further inconvenience when we transferred you to another room. Again, our apologies for that matter. The attention of all hotel staff have been called to be more responsive to customer needs and shall be scheduled to attend training/seminars on how to provide excellent customer service. A new business center is soon to be constructed to cater guests needs.

Your comments have given us a renewed perspective in addressing customer complaints/suggestions. Management is taking a pro-active role in addressing each of our valued guests review comments and we believe this will further establish our commitment in making efforts to improve our customer service and provide the best hotel service possible.

We hope you would consider us on your next visit to Baguio and we look forward in serving you again.