All reviews heated pool wright park gingerbread house breakfast buffet great mountain botanical gardens huge tv areas for improvement tourist spots raisin bread many selections ceiling fan room service called housekeeping basic necessities room space additional bed
Reviewed 20 September 2018

We love this hotel! Who would have thought swimming is possible in Baguio? The kids enjoyed our stay here and the grownups loved the food! I am not a fan of raisin bread but theirs made me give it a try. We will always go back to this place! I just hope that Newtown starts managing its own website so we can all reserve online without the hassle.

Stayed: June 2018
1  Thank Alleli Jill B
Reviewed 26 August 2018 via mobile

We arrived there with full parking and guard did not even bother to help us look for a parking space.
Room is well ventilated and space is good.
No one even offered to help us with our luggages.
Buffet breakfast however very limited selection considering they seemed to have lots of guests.
We booked with additional adult, paid the add on rate but we are being asked for additional fee when we asked the pillows for the extra adult. They gave additional bottled water and instant coffee but no mug/cup so we need to call. Together with mug, we also requested fork for the cake we bought outside, when the staff arrived she just handed a paper cup and told us to request the fork directly from the resto.
I am not sure if our expectation is too much... but at least have a good customer service regardless of the value of each room type.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

We booked 1 Family room and 2 Deluxe Room. All rooms are clean. I recomend to get the family room if you are travelling with family because the room is big and spacious. It’s a 2-story unit and there’s a fridge and microwave. The room are exactly the same as what you see on the webpage.
The staffs are accomodating and hospitable.
The breakfast are not bad but the variety is not that much, which is fine as long as all the dishes taste good. I was actually expecting them to serve more fruits and veggies as I assume vegetables and fruits are supposed to be cheap
in Baguio compare to Manila. But it only dissapppints me because there’s no pinakbet, chopsuey and lesser fruits was served.
The location is very near to all the tourist spot specially the Mansion and the botanical garden.

My kids likes the room and the hotel, so as long as they love the place, I am totally okay with it and I am sure we will book the same place if there’s a chance for us to visit Baguio again.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Jennelyn R
Reviewed 5 July 2018

When I go to Baguio, I always eat here with my family for their merienda buffet. Reasonable price and food are quite okay :). This hotel also have other buffets like for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The price are good for the food they serve :)

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Cynthia L
Reviewed 2 July 2018

I could see several bad reviews about this hotel but what I can share here is the first hand experience during my 3-day, 2-night stay at Newtown. First off, the location of the hotel is of a certain distance from the more crowded areas of Baguio but makes up for the presence of several restaurants and even two teller machines where I conveniently withdrew money from, all within the hotel premises. The hotel is built more than 10 meters away from the main road so travelers are assured of a peaceful and quiet sleep. The room is generally clean as well as the bathroom and while the room had no airconditioning unit but had a fan, I only had to open the balcony door to welcome the cool breeze for a comfortable night's sleep (I could not say the same had I stayed there at the peak of summer). Staff service was so so but the taste of breakfast food was always pleasant.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business