“The hospitality is as good as the food!”
Review of Bliss Cafe - CLOSED

Bliss Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 27 November 2013

Bliss cafe is a wonderful little oasis from all the meat heavy meals in the phillipines. My husband and I had a delicious vegetarian meal... The best yet here... And I also had an amazing cup of coffee! Jim and Shanti, the owners of Bliss are so friendly and full of helpful information. They also have local artist displaying their artwork at Bliss. Definitely a highlight of our time in Baguio!

1  Thank Kari B

Reviewed 22 November 2013

I had several meals at Bliss and each meal made me seriously think about becoming a vegetarian but only if Shanti and her staff could prepare all my meals. I highly recommend Bliss Cafe.

1  Thank Larryechols
Reviewed 7 November 2013

I'm a carnivore. I am often wary of eating vegetarian or "healthy" food because it almost always tasteless just like eating a piece of cardboard. HOWEVER, food at Bliss is the opposite. Never have I tasted vegetarian food as tasty!

My first experience at Bliss was in 2006, which had its first location at Military Cut-off Rd. My boyfriend and I went to Baguio and he told me of the place. We ordered Garuda, which is now not included in the menu unfortunately. Garuda is an entree, which is gluten stewed in a semi-sweet sauce and served with brown rice. It was the best vegetarian dish I've ever tasted!

On my second visit in their 2nd location in Munsayac Inn, I tried their pesto pasta. The dish was simple but delectable. What made an impression on me was their lassi, a yogurt-based drink. It tastes like yogurt milkshake. I've never anything like it!

My latest trip to Bliss was with my Mom and our family friend. My Mom is a picky eater so I was afraid she would not appreciate the food at all. However, much to my surprise, she loved every bite of the pancit and the vegetarian chicharon. Not a single strand of the pancit was left on the plate. What is surprising about the pancit is that it is very tasty despite of the fact that it has no meat; the usual flavor of the pancit is derived from it being soaked and cooked in chicken stock.

Besides the scrumptious food and the ambient environment, what makes a visit to Bliss Cafe special is that you are made to feel at home by the staff and especially the owners. The owners, Jim and Shanti, have become close friends by frequent visits through the years.

Bliss Cafe may have changed locations several times throughout the years but what remains constant is the good food, warm service, and the friendship.

Location: Hotel Elizabeth near Wright Park, The Mansion and Mines View - One can go sightseeing before or after eating at the cafe. Cafe has restrooms and ample parking courtesy of the hotel.
Price: Php150-250 per person - Generous servings. Samosa, pancit, vegetarian chicharon, lassi, and brewed coffee are must-trys.
How to get there: By cab or by jeepney - If you're going by jeepney, ride a jeep at the Mines View terminal near McDonald's Session Rd. Ask driver to drop you off at Hotel Elizabeth.
Special Arrangements: The cafe can be booked for special occasions such as private parties and exhibits.

3  Thank deejiwahine
Reviewed 22 September 2013 via mobile

Upon entering I was immediately reminded of the new agey bookstore cafes I grew up with as a teenager in ann arbor michigan.it was refreshing to find a place in the philippines that captured this quite well.ill also be coming back in october when the monks come to visit.on to the food and service.the reception we got when walking in was warm genuine and friendly which is also hard to find in the phillipines..the staff also speak english well enough so there's no struggle to get ones point across.I ate the chick pea set with whole wheat chapati and colored rice with a lassi and strong arabica coffee to drink.I was surprised the chick peas were done well seasoned perfectly the curry wasnt overpowering I could taste every component in the dish.the whole wheat chapati was a bit too oily but was ok when folded and used to pick up the chick peas and curry.the rice was light and pleasant a nice accompaniment to the rest of the food.the lassi a bit too sweet but so very flavorful and satisfying.I would like a choice of more lassi flavours, for example rose flavor or lemon etc.
I had a chance to taste my companions food as well.the potato and cheese appetizers wrapped in lumpia wraps was very flavorful, u could taste the potato and the cheese neither overpowered the other, they weren't fried to death either like most lumpia in the philippines.
I also tasted the heart of banana sandwich, good although the heart of banana was a bit underseasoned for my taste, and might be better presented in a bun instead of typical sliced bread which has a monopoly on bread in the philippines,being european I'm on a constant hunt for good bread in the philippines but have been left dissapointed most of the time.all in all the experience and food at bliss cafe was very good and I will be going back again, soon,it is one of only three places I would eat at in baguio and that's saying a lot since there's a swa of restaurants here and bliss cafe is so very far remives from my usual hotel.I recommend it.

3  Thank Mama G
Reviewed 1 July 2013

I follow the below reviews to go there with high expectation but it is still over my expectation! The ambiance is solo good and with Asian style decoration. The food is also Asian style with creative name. I like their fried noodle best and my daughter is so fond of " strawberry field forever". I've already recommended to my friends and will definitely visit again.

2  Thank Dan G