“excellent location, very affordable”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Baguio
Benguet Prime Hotel
Ranked #36 of 50 Hotels in Baguio
Reviewed 31 May 2014

near to the terminal, park and malls. rooms are clean we stayed there for 2 nights. hotel staff cleaned our room first thing in the morning... i so love the breakfast esp the tomato . we ordered calamares and sinigang as well .. man its sooo good. washrooms are bit scary feels like something will appear in front of you since it looks so old.. but over all its fine

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Evo1211

Reviewed 21 May 2014

Being located adjacent to the Session Road, that's the most important thing of all. 10 min to the Baguio Cathedral, the restaurants for foodtrip, banks/ATMs if running low on funds, bars for booze or just simply chill. Anything is almost walking distance, the Burnham Park, Night Market and even SM Baguio (mall). Jollibee is just on the other side.

Price very affordable, the staff is very friendly and gave us complete details how to go to 'Mines View Peak which is to take the jeepney near McDo. Room comes with cable TV, hot/cold shower and complimentary breakfast.

Also, you can also leave your things if checking out early.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank byrone29
Reviewed 10 February 2014

We arrived at Baguio at almost midnight (we came from Subic earlier that day). We were planning to stay at a cheaper hotel (La Brea Inn) along Session Road but unfortunately, it was fully booked already when we arrived. We were already exhausted to look for a good hotel anymore so we just walked along Session Road, hoping to find a place to stay for the night.
All good hotels were already full, but we happen to came across this hotel (along Session Road too), and because it looked nice outside, we tried to inquire inside. They offer rooms for 2 at Php2000. It was more than our budgeted money for accomodation, but since it is the only hotel in the vicinity that was not fully booked at that time and we were already tired to look for another hotel, we checked in.

We were given a room at the 3rd floor (Room316), non-airconditioned, facing Burnham Park.

PROS:
*Complimentary food & drinks (but only good for one person)
*The View (Burnham Park/Night Market)
*Bed was really cozy, I had a good night's sleep
*Lots of plugging stations to charge my gadgets
*You may leave your things at their baggage counter after checkout so you can go to tourist spots without hassle, you can get it anytime, free of charge (BEST SERVICE THEY HAD)
*Unlimited rice for your free breakfast

CONS:
*No slippers offered. How am I supposed to walk around the cold floor? Had to wear my sneakers all the time.
*Cable TV with bad signal. Can't enjoy the program I'm watching.
*Hot shower was not really "hot". It wasn't even lukewarm! I had to bear with the cold water because we have to check out by 12nn.
*Free breakfast was not delivered to rooms. I have to get up and dress properly to go downstairs to their canteen. My "lazy day mode" was ruined.
*Free breakfast was not delicious, pair it with the tasteless juice and the unripe banana
*Upon checkout, we were told by the front desk to wait because the room will be checked for things we might have left first, after waiting for almost 20mins and a follow-up, roomboy said it was okay already. We weren't even waiting for anything!

This hotel could do better.

Room Tip: Rooms facing Burnham park are good.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank shaninelesaca
Reviewed 8 January 2014

As usual, I just stayed at this hotel with my family from January 2 to 5,2014. We stayed at a family room, all five of us. My vacation at Baguio City is enjoyable because the hotel is strategically located. Even on Friday that we could not use our car because of number coding, we still managed to go to various places thru the jeepneys with terminals conveniently located just back of the hotel. Whenever, we park our car, the security guard took extra efforts to assist and guide us park properly, what with the numerous cars in the parking area. But it's convenient because this hotel has a parking area which is very safe because it is guarded 24/7. The security guard in the parking area is really very helpful. All hotel staff are also impressively accommodating and courteous. Whenever we left the room in the morning, we are in a hurry so everything is disarranged. But when we arrived in the afternoon, everything in the room is in order and the hotel staff are really honest because we did not lose any valuables even though we left valuables on the table.
Restaurants are easily accessible with Jolibee at the ground floor, McDonald and others nearby. Besides, there is also grocery at the hotel's basement where basic needs could be easily bought..The City Public Market is also located nearby where vegetables and fruits can be bought.
SM Baguio is just walking distance so my kids always keep going there whenever we returned in the afternoon from our visits to tourist spots. The rest of us also usually went to Burnham Park which is just located nearby.
My son, grandchildren, wife and i are really satisfied and comfortable staying in the hotel. The price is very affordable.
I highly recommend this hotel to other transients who plan to go to Baguio City.

Room Tip: Rooms with veranda give a view of the busy Session Road
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Leopoldo M
Reviewed 29 December 2013

I had been staying in this hotel since the 1990's and I kept coming back. The price is affordable and the location is excellent as it is in the center of Baguio City which is accessible to all transport to anywhere in the City. It is also near Burnharm Park which is the most sought-after place to see in the city. Actually, I again reserved a family room in this hotel this coming first week of January. I recommend this to visitors in the city.

Room Tip: Room facing Burnharm Park is better.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank PolBSP
Reviewed 24 December 2013

I found out about this hotel courtesy of reviews in this site. Since I wanted a good location first and foremost, I checked in at this hotel. I took a room with a veranda that was without airconditioning (who needs it anyway?). Truly enough, it was biting cold in the night. The noise outside though, and the loud music which came from a bar across the street made sleeping a challenging experience. The service was generally BAD! The front desk staff forgot (or simply ignored) my numerous requests to make up my room. I stayed 3 nights with my trash bin overflowing and my bathroom dirty (I took the responsibility of cleaning it to make it tolerable). Parking is also a nightmare as you compete for slots during peak season (Christmas in my case).

One of the bright spots was the friendly security guards in the parking area who try very hard to find parking for you. The bellhop who assisted us is also efficient in doing his job.

Despite these lapses in service, I still would want to come back and visit again. But only because of its EXCELLENT location! It is accessible to everything and I'm not exaggerating! Everything is walking distance from here. Whether its Jollibee or a supermarket underneath. The best restaurants in Baguio like Sizzling Plate Steakhouse, Solibao Restaurant, Pizza Volante, etc. are just a few meters away. SM Baguio is also accessible by foot.

Benguet Prime Hotel is a rustic charm. Old, a bit dingy but a nice hotel nonetheless.

Room Tip: Choose a room with a veranda for maximum Baguio experience.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank robin1212
Reviewed 2 December 2013

We stayed here last November 30 to December 1, 2013 (1 night).

This hotel has the best location in all the hotels in Baguio City (me thinks). It is right smack in the middle of Session Road just a stone’s throw away from SM and Burnham Park. It is also a couple of blocks away from the market, and has 2 supermarkets right beneath it (yes it’s true). You didn’t even have to go across the street to the nearest 7 eleven because all you have to do is choose from any of the supermarkets just below the building. To make it even more convenient for foodies, Jollibee is just 2 steps away from the hotel lobby.

We found this hotel while walking along Session Road from SM Baguio where we left our mother to look for our accommodation.

We inquired for a room good for 3 pax and they gave us the rate which was Php2,500.00 for an overnight stay with breakfast for 2 (plated). Since they told us we could check-in already (standard check-in time is 1-2pm right?) I didn’t hesitate and booked us for the night. I only had to pay an extra Php100 for the additional breakfast.

The hotel has a decent lobby, although it is obvious that this is an old hotel. This 6-storey hotel has an elevator which can fit in maybe about 6 pax. Still thankful though because our room was at the 4th floor and our bags were heavy. Someone assisted us to our room and made sure that we were comfortable. My first impression of our double room was that it was spacious. There’s plenty of room to move around. There was a large closet for your bags/clothes, though only 3 hangers were available. The bathroom was clean, with hot and cold shower. There was no bidet. A small sachet of shampoo and 2 small soap were available.

They gave us 2 double beds which we put together to accommodate the 3 of us. There was a small table in the middle with a glass and pitcher. TV was cable but the reception was BAD. The only channel clear enough to watch was GMA 7. The aircon was good but a little noisy (didn’t bother my sleep though). The lighting was bad, so if you are looking to write or do something with the lights on, you will be disappointed. You may deposit your valuable items at the lobby where they have safety deposit boxes.

Breakfast was plated, with a choice between Coffee, Tea, or Orange juice for the drinks and Bangus, Tocino, or Longganisa. They served it with a small cup of rice, your choice of egg, and pansit. Needless to say this is not a big breakfast and if you are planning for an adventure in the morning do bring with you snacks (or just eat at Jollibee right beside the hotel lobby).

If you are staying for 1 night and would like to explore the city center I would recommend this hotel. But for those planning to stay for 2 nights or more maybe you should look for other hotels nearby.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family