“Really a great experience! I will surely go back to this hotel! Thank you guys....” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of SM Travelodge

and 1 more site!
SM Travelodge
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Batangas City
Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2012

This hotel rocks! So affordable. Very near the Star Tollway straight to Manila or neighboring cities. Never have to encounter the busy traffic jam in the city.

Hello! The price is only a quarter of what the other hotels posted here! Pontifino, Days Hotel charges too much and yet you get the same comfortable sleep and rest. Even better. I use to stay in those hotels not until I discovered this place from a business traveller like me. The food were so good. Learned to appreciate Filipino food like sinigang, crispy pig knuckles, their "adobo" is to die for, and also the ox tail.

Not much amenities like the pool, but I prefer a good massage after a long day work. They have it there and don't charge as much! They charges for the WiFi though. Very fast connection depending on your room site. Very nice and accommodating hotel staff.

The place is very clean. Beautiful garden with birds.

I'm hooked and made this hotel my second home when I travel down south.

Have to get advanced reservation as their hotel is almost always fully booked in the internet.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
5 Thank John_Smith4075

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
hilton head island
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2012

I got my accommodations at SM Travelodge from Agoda.com promo! We have a family wedding and the bride was a local resident in Batangas City Philippines. As we have spent a lot from flying ,traveling and preparing for the wedding, it isn’t a bad idea that we look for the cheapest accommodation we could possibly get in the area.
Upon arriving at the hotel, and seeing the cleanliness and beautifully manicured garden I got curious and inquired about the executive rooms I saw in the internet. Seeing the recently renovated rooms with Jacuzzi at an affordable price, I couldn’t resist to get a booking for the newly weds as our wedding present. Afterall, the savings we got from our accommodations can still spare us 2 more nights to give my brother and his wife. The couple were so happy they even extended their stay at the hotel. They were even given Philippine souvenirs as they were treated very special.

Nice, clean hotel at a surprisingly affordable price. Also hospitable and accommodating personel!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank mary m
Quezon City, Manila, Philippines
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2011

I made the mistake of booking a Junior Executive room here, (with a hot tub!) thinking it would be a romantic (and affordable) place to stay during a weekend trip to Batangas with my girlfriend. It was (by far) the worst possible place you could try to take your girlfriend on any kind of romantic getaway.

When we first arrived, they drove us straight into the hourly section and lowered the curtain behind us; we had to explain that we had a reservation, and weren't there for the "short-stay" service. I'm white and my girlfriend is pinay, so I guess odds would indicate that it was a reasonable assumption on their part, however; it did not start off the weekend in a way that would lend itself to any sort of romance.

Other reviews were lacking this bit of information--THIS IS AN HOURLY HOTEL! And it is in the worst possible area to try to have a romantic time. Nothing but girly bars are on the street surrounding the hotel (which is not very close to the center of the city). I made the mistake of letting my girlfriend go out by herself to get something from the grocery store (about 600m straight down the road) in the afternoon, and when she came back she was so angry because not just one, but TWO people had pulled over while she was walking and asked her for her "price", so it is located in THAT kind of area.

Now, there are different kinds of people, and if the aforementioned things are what you are looking for, then by all means this may be the perfect place to stay for even a few nights.

The location (other than what I mentioned above) was relatively far from downtown Batangas, and there was no sort of non-girly night life (not even a sit-down restaurant!) within reasonable walking distance. And the fact that Batangas doesn't really have taxis made us a little hesitant to stray very far from the hotel at night which meant that we didn't do anything at night except hang out in the room.

The staff was very friendly and accommodating, though they weren't very informative and couldn't tell us anything about the area or things to do. The room was as clean as an hourly hotel room could be, but it still had the grungy smell and feel of an hourly hotel.

Overall, if you are with a family, or a significant other, I would stay far away from this hotel, even for the tempting price, primarily due to its location. However, if you are by yourself and/or interested in the girly-bar type night life--the hotel itself was acceptable and affordable--it may be perfect for you.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
14 Thank androidfan

Travellers are raving about these Batangas City hotels

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2011

Double standards. I'm an american my wife is a filipina, when the staff became aware of an american staying in the room, our room rate was changed up to a higher rate from the original agreed upon rate. We repacked our belongings and went to the days inn hotel.

• Stayed December 2010
#1 of 3 in Lian
Sea's Spring Resort Hotel
Sea's Spring Resort Hotel
#8 of 10 in Batangas City

Been to SM Travelodge? Share your experiences!