“Disposables, flies and dirty pool waters”

Sea's Spring Resort Hotel
Ranked #9 of 10 Hotels in Batangas City
Reviewed 15 May 2014

We came to this far away resort on the other side of Anilao for a training and was housed for 4 days. After a long trip, we finally arrived and I was immediately awed by its grandeur and stately structure and cool seaside view. In a quick scan before I checked in, I already saw the famed salt water pools and hot spring. The beach was inviting, but were told that it was only for muck diving, not swimming.

Check in was easy but was surprised that we were only given a single key for 2 occupants in a room. For 4 days, we had to endure the sharing of the key with my training roommate, which made us both uncomfortable.The room was standard, but being a K-pop fan, I was happy to see korean shampoo, conditioner and toothpaste. Only bath towels and foot towels were provided, no handtowels, but they were all crisp, white and clean. Our room has wide beds, roomy cabinets, dainty sheets and clean desks but the aircon could not be adjusted any colder and because its summer, we woke up usually with sweat.

For the duration of our 4-day stay, this room was never cleaned up by its hotel staff. Unlike other other hotels, we found out that the guest should be the ones who "must" request their rooms to be cleaned. Anyway, this did not bother us as we were in the training the whole day and the room was barely used. However, we had to endure the "filled up" waste bins for 4 days.

In the training, we were also surprised that disposable wares were used, instead of the usual table wares most hotels offer. This were disturbing as waste bins become immediately full with used cups and styro boxes and no hotel staff were readily available to take them out. Even in the restaurant, our drinking glasses were disposable plastic cups, and soup bowls were paper bowls. (Picnic much?)

Worse, there were flies all over in the main restaurant, and we literally had to shoo the flies away while we ate. The dining room has no screens and when we asked a staff why there were many flies, he said its because of the kimchi being served. (Seriously?)

since we were in the training the whole day, its only during nigh time where we take the dip in the pools. We had to endure the dirty waters as for the duration of our 4 day stay, the waters were never changed, and we felt the lime and dirt all over. I only took the dip on the 1st and 2nd night and never returned.

Its the same thing in the hot spring pool. It was already slippery because of the dirty waters. I just took the dip on the 1st and 2nd night, and never returned.

However, what I really liked was the bamboo sauna. It made me feel really relaxed and rejuvenated. The only thing I hated is that its too far away from the resort and I felt anxious using it alone at night.

Overall, because its too far from Manila and I had more negative experiences than positive ones, I would not come back on a personal trip.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Green Choice P

Reviewed 1 January 2014

Sea's Spring is a magnificent health resort. It has hot pools and a natural sauna that recharges old aching bodies. Food is a bit expensive since the portions are good for 3 persons. The beach is rocky and not really for swimming. The place is really a dive resort but the hot springs makes it a thorough experience. I am over 60 years old and I spend morning and afternoon alternating between the hot and cold pools. My body feels so new after a two night stay. Rooms are so-so but with the price, location and privacy, the place an excellent value.

Room Tip: Choose upper floors for a good view and nice breeze.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 June 2013

Well it was a bit boring and being nestled somewhere at the end of the Mabini, Batangas trail - you'll be left to expect the best until we arrived - nothing special with the place except for the hot pool filled with spring water, the saltwater pool and a few slides. The food was not that great and expensive - I can cook them better. The stay was nice but I was left to say to myself...wrong choice.

It was the birthday of my dad when we went there so we just enjoyed the day.

The rooms are ok except that they placed small airconditioners for the huge rooms.

Beds are stiff!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Levelalpha
Reviewed 2 June 2013

I went there with my friends. We rode a jeep to take us there. The place is so isolated with undeveloped roads. Here are some few observations.
a. The package says free welcome drinks but none was served.
b. Courteous staff and crew.
c. Nice room (we used the dorm type room). Spacious yet the aircon could not sustain the cold needed (yes with two electric fans).
d. There are two cold water pools and a hot pool. (Looks dirty so I didn't swim!)
e. My friends tried the bamboo sauna.
f. The beach is not so presentable with lot of debris and stuff! Nice view though.
g. The food is quite pricy. (500 for sizzling sisig and 50 per cup of rice)
h. Nice comfort room and shower room!

My partner and I had to go home earlier than my friends. So we rent a tricycle. We were charged 600 pesos for a trip to Mabini Poblacion. Whew!

Room Tip: You can bring food and drinks! We were not charged any corkage fees! (Rejoice to that!) Also there...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank LowPriceSeeker
Reviewed 7 May 2013 via mobile

We were looking forward to a stay at the beach, but found out that there was none. It was more of a dive place. Instead, the sea water was pumped into one of the pools. Then there's another salty pool, filtered though, so it is as clear as a regular pool. The third pool is surprisingly a hot spring! Then there's an all- natural sauna heated by the stones placed over the hot spring. Amazing! The place is owned by Koreans and the main clients are from their county. Breakfast is Korean fare as is the rest of the menu. The staff is very courteous and helpful. Rooms, especially the bathroom, need to be refurbished. There are ktv rooms with good acoustics. Billiard pools are also offered. It is generally a nice place. View is fantastic. Just don't look for the beach.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed 30 April 2013

Went there with a couple of friends and stayed overnight.

Some points:
- Food is expensive, at 400-500 per dish, limited options, and mostly korean food.
- We stayed in the dorm rooms at 1k / head. It was clean, and the common toilets were also clean.
- Pool is salty and seems to be dirty with lots of floating flakes.
- Beach is rocky and dirty.
- We hired a boat from the resort to take us around, but unfortunately, it was not worth it. We were brought in front of another resort, then the resort boatman took us to an undeveloped beach and they charged us Php 50.00 per head for "entrance". You can't charge that! Nobody owns beaches!

Not coming back and wouldn't recommend to my friends.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank WhirlingDervish888
Reviewed 29 April 2013

I stayed here with my officemates last april 27-28 for our company outing. The trip going here is treacherous! Narrow roads and lots of dust! I think it's the end of an island and the roads are under development. When we arrived, the view is amazing! We went to the conference room to have the keys for the group. They have welcome drinks for us, a plus! We went to the room and i love love love it! Clean, spacious and they have a balcony overlooking Anilao shore! The bed is clean and i looooove the pillow! Most of the things is the room are imported from korea i think. Cable tv has limited channels.

Except for the breakfast buffet, food was so-so.

I hate the pool. They use salt water on all their pools which doesn't make sense. It's painful to the skin. They have hot pool, i love that one. I also love the bamboo sauna! It uses natural heat from the ground!

Overall: i would come back only if the road has been developed.

• Stayed: April 2013
#2 of 10 in Batangas City
Club Balai Isabel
Club Balai Isabel
#1 of 2 in Talisay

Been to Sea's Spring Resort Hotel? Share your experiences!