“Overall Average”

Paseo Verde Beach Resort
Ranked #6 of 30 Batangas City B&B and Inns
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Everything is average, if not for the very accommodating caretaker Ruth? honestly, my rating would be just one..we went here on a a day trip only; the cottage rental fee is pricey, but reasonable compare to the other resorts in the area..the resort in general is not that clean and the common toilet is terrible..all male cubicle and most toilet fixtures are busted!
I expect too much in Laiya beaches but I end up disappointed.
All the advertising about this place in San Juan, Batangas is untrue! There was never a "white sand" beach or shoreline.

Room Tip: It seems the family cottages near the beach are better.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank aureojr

Reviewed 14 April 2014 via mobile

My family had a great time during our stay. Their rooms are ideal for families or big groups. They do not provide towels, soaps, hot & cold showers but the cottages are very cozy and comfortable to stay with. They allow you to bring your own food inside the resort without corkage fees. Each cottage also has its own refrigerator and stoves where you can cook. I would say the price is pretty much worth it and the best thing is the grounds of the resort is very spacious for group games and activities. The staff and management are also very accommodating.

Stayed: March 2014
8  Thank aagjhonson01
Reviewed 26 March 2014

My friends (7pax) and I had been planning this vacation since February. I know that it's peak season so we decided to book for the resort. All of us are not very familiar with Laiya -- it's been 4 yrs since I last stayed there, so we wanted to be sure that we'll have a place to stay.

Our first choice is La Luz. Unfortunately, the rooms that can accommodate us is booked. So we looked for other resorts and came across Paseo Verde. I have read blogs about this resort and out of the 5 reviews, there is only one that says that it's a nice resort. I guess I was too excited and anxious that we might not find any resort that I bypassed the negative comments. I thought - maybe it improved by now, I guess the place is nice- pictures are nice, hmmm this is better than nothing. So to cut it short, we made the reservations for a 3 days stay and paid 50% of the total cost which is Php10,000.00 -- we chose the room for 16pax which costs Php10,000 per night.

All of us thought that the room and rate (although more expensive than the other resorts) is a good deal. We want a room / cottage where we will not feel crowded and be able to relax. So this Caseta Pureza / Gracia that (according to the site) can accommodate 16pax with kitchen + ref + attic room is a real score.

So we arrived there around 3:30PM. Security is reliable and staff seems nice. The old lady / owner is not welcoming. She is so arrogant and a snob. The surrounding seems to be ok, not spectacular though just okay. The old lady asked us to pay for the remaining Php10,000.00 before we can check in. It's surprising that they asked for the money first instead of welcoming us and showing us the room and facilities. But we were to tired to argue with that, anyway we have the cash so we paid. As soon as we got the receipt, one staff happily greeted us and assisted us to our room - Caseta Gracia.

The first thing that I said when I saw the room "Is this it? Are you sure?" It doesn't look like 16pax can fit in there. We were only seven and Im sure that we won't be able to stay there comfortably. I checked the mattress and it's dusty and it smells so I asked the staff if they cleaned it and changed the blankets. It looks like someone had just used it. The bathroom is worse, it's moldy and the light is dim. It smells bad and I'm sure it's infested with germs. Can you imagine taking a shower using the water from moldy faucets? They don't even have hot and cold water. The mattress looks uncomfortable. It has been distorted and overused. The refrigerator smells as well. The kitchen area is dirty as well as the utensils they gave us. And the attic room? from the picture it looks sturdy and spacious, but its not.

So overall, the room is not clean and uncomfortable. It's certainly not worth Php10,000 per night. I even asked the staff if she would pay Php10,000 for such room and all she can say is sorry. We decided not to stay there, and immediately get our things. We went to the office and explained our dilemma. The old lady who I think knows what's going on started to get defensive. She would not talk to us properly she just keep on giving arrogant remarks and keeps on walking around. She even told us that we should have done an ocular before going -- yeah that's a good idea but hey lady we're working in Manila and doesn't have the luxury of time. We told her that it's her responsibility to make sure that the resort / rooms is as presentable like what they show on their sites. But she just keeps on nagging and telling us that there are a lot of people who like their resort. She just keeps on saying non-sense. Her husband is the one that talked to us with etiquette. We discussed that we know that we have the room reserved for us. But we don't like it, it is very different from what they posted on their website - VERY VERY different. As a consumer we have a right to a refund of the cost that we paid. We can understand if they will charge a percentage of the amount because they hold the room for us but they dont want to give back the Php10,000.00 that we deposited. Most resorts would only charge you about 10% of the total cost. But they are greedy that they wanted the cash even if we will not use the facilities because we don't find it satisfying and worth our money. It certainly not worth every single peso we'll pay.

It took about 30minutes of discussion and we ended up with giving them Php5,000.00. We left the resort and the staff keeps on apologizing. The staff are really nice. It's the owner that doesn't know what hospitality means.

We went to White Cove beach resort to try our luck. We stayed there a few years back so I know that their place is nice. They welcomed us immediately. The manager even asked the staff to give us water when we were inquiring. It's the best choice we made that day. They gave us a really nice room good for 7 pax. It's really clean and comfortable - very opposite to the rooms in Paseo Verde. And they even provided toiletries. The price -- very reasonable. They charged us Php6,000 for the first night and Php5,000 for the second night. We were so happy we went there. Even if we add the Php5,000 we left at Paseo Verde, the room will still be cheaper in White Cove. Can you imagine? Almost half the price from Paseo Verde but the place and facilities and services is incomparable. All the people working there are very friendly and helpful. I guarantee you that your travel and money will be worth it here than Paseo Verde. They charge you alot for a cr*ppy services and place. So next time you're looking for a resort and came across a place you're not familiar with, trust the blogs / reviews. It's the lesson I learned and will definitely remember.

Too bad I was not able to take pictures of the Paseo Verde's cr@ppy place. But I tell you it's really different from the site. It looks big from what they post and the capacity may sound appealing but what they dont tell you is it can fit 16pax like sardines. Not really how you imagined it to be. The room is really really dirty and it smells. If you really want to go there, you might want to hold on that reservation fee and just take the chance to go there and check the place first before you pay anything. Dont make the mistake I did.

Room Tip: ALWAYS read the reviews ... do not be deceived by the web site ... DO NOT pay reservations (so you w...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
27  Thank toni a
Reviewed 29 April 2013

It is summer and all major resorts in Laiya were booked. Upon searching the internet for a decent resort to stay for 16-20 persons, I crossed Paseo Verde. The site photos and most importantly the rates were attractive. When we arrived, I was impressed with the resort's strict implementation about securing their premises and honestly the resort is pretty decent for the price we pay. We rented a Caseta Pureza and were allowed to have 3 excess pax but have to pay 300 each/pax. The main attraction, which is the beach, was a disappointment. First, I asked around if the beach was really muddy and residents told me it was a low tide and the beach will be cleaner in the morning. The next morning, I checked the beach and it was looking blue-ish compared the day we arrived. But at around 8am, to my surprised, the beach is muddy again and so crowded, which I think contributed to its brownish color, trash were all around it. My family and I decided to rent a boat and snorkel just to have a cleaner beach experience.

I gave a rating of one on this resort, mainly because the owner (forgot her name) is a bit snobby and guests will not feel welcome with her kind of attitude. Plus, the beddings were dusty/sandy as if they did not change it. Air conditioning was working properly.

If guests main purpose is to relax and enjoy the beach, this resort is not the place to be. The beach is polluted anywhere you go.

Also, if you plan on snorkeling and boat rentals offered you to visit the Aryana Cave for an additional of 100 per head, please refuse. This Aryana Cave is a waste of time and money, the place was so dirty and stinky and really, there is nothing to see there.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
11  Thank Yvi A
Reviewed 11 April 2013

The owner mixed up the date of our booking and was even insistent that we were the one who got it wrong. She was very rude and wanted us to pay more for a smaller room. My friend lost her wallet and she didn't even care or made any effort to help us find it.

The room was small and the toilet/bathroom was only around 1x1 sq meter small! The flush was also broken. The air conditioner wasn't as cool as you would hope and the electricity was faulty. Phones that were plugged in overnight didn't reach a 100% charge.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Anilao Beach Club
Anilao Beach Club
#3 of 30 in Batangas City
La Luz Beach Resort & Spa

Been to Paseo Verde Beach Resort? Share your experiences!