“Downhill since last time”

Inn at the Finger Lakes
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Auburn
Reviewed 7 August 2011

Have reviewed this property before and generally was okay so thought we would try again.

First thing we noted was that the side door from parking lot into hotel would not close without great effort. Thinking this was a security manner we stopped at front desk and expressed our concern. I was told that the card reader was not working so they left it open as guests complained about coming around to door by front desk. When I again expressed concern I was told that she shuts the door when she leaves for the night (not very convincingly...no mention about fixing card reader). Security is our number 1 issue while traveling so on that basis alone would not stay here again!!!!!

Room small and a/c either ice cold or not at all. Did have included cold buffet for breakfast that was okay but coffee was

If someone stays here ask about the side door security and request a room away form main road (arterial road)

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Funcruzer

Reviewed 5 August 2011

This hotel is what you expect one to be. Its clean and nice. The rooms are small and there were minor imperfections in the bathroom but overall I liked it. Friendly staff and good continental breakfast added to the experience!

1  Thank davidwander
Reviewed 1 August 2011

We stayed 4 nights at this conveniently located hotel. My Aunt and I were on a self guided wine tour of Cayuga Lake and Seneca Lake. We were able to get the weekday saver rate. Initially I only booked the In for two nigts and called the week before to see if I could add 2 more nights. I tried to add the dates online but there were no rooms available. I called and after just a few minutes on hold, management approved the additional 2 nights. The receptionist was very friendly and helpful. The staff at the front desk was friendly and helpful in suggesting local restaurants. The continental breakfast was the same each morning as expected and the attendant was always available to replenish the items as needed. The complimentary Happy Hour was a really nice addition. The hotel was listed as a two star hotel but I really think it is good bit better than that. The towels were nice and much better than what I expected. The staff was consistent throughout our stay and seemed willing to help in any way possible. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for an affordable, clean and friendly place to stay while visiting the Finger Lakes.

1  Thank Luvs2travel57
Reviewed 29 July 2011

We took a few days to have some R & R and found this hotel very pleasant, very clean ( a must) and a great location for what we did. It's located in the center of Auburn with the Seward House Museum (0.5 mile away), Harriet Tubman home (2 miles away), plenty of restaurants and theaters a short distance away (0.5 - 2 miles).

The room with one queen bed was small by comparison to other hotels we've stayed in and the bed was made up with 3 down pillows. We used them the first night and found they were not to our liking when our heads sank in and made you feel like there was nothing supporting you. We did note that there were 2 "regular" pillows inside the closet and we had a much better sleep the 2nd night.

Since we don't have a laptop computer, it was very convenient to be able to check our e-mail 3 times on the hotel's lobby computer and we never had to wait for another guest to get off the computer when we did.

The breakfast is pretty basic (3 cereals, instant oatmeal, danish, eng. muffins, toast, 2 juices, milk, coffee, tea, hard boiled eggs, yogurts) but the girl attendant made sure that everything was well stocked and we didn't have to wait or ask for something.

We initially used our Mastercard when checking in but when we wished to change it to our Visa the 2nd day, the staff were very accommodating.

We'd stay here again if we went.

2  Thank Quinnfuzzymom
Reviewed 24 July 2011

We booked this hotel based on it's TripAdvisor rating.
The room was pretty clean but definitely small. Our room was on the highway side of the hotel (I suggest requesting the opposite side) and we could definitely here some road noise. The front desk staff wasn't as friendly as all of the other reviews said. They were just ok. Maybe we just caught them on an off day (or two or three).
We got back late on Fri night and arrived at their complimentary wine/beer tasting (from 5-7pm M-F) at 6:58pm. The woman shut the door right on our face and when we went to find her to ask if we could just taste one drink, she said no - it's closed now. From other TripAdvisor reviews, I expected the staff to go above and beyond and be overly friendly and accommodating - especially since we were staying there for 4 nights - but this was not really the case. I think I'd try elsewhere next time I come visit this area. There is a Holiday Inn down the street that has a pool (I believe) and is a very similar price range. I'm not sure how it rates otherwise though since I've never been there.

2  Thank summersalt9
Reviewed 17 July 2011

My wife and adult son stayed here July 13 & 14 2011. Saw reviews for the property at other sites and it sounded good. We took a chance on this hotel. WOW...what a great surprise for the three of us. VERY clean and well kept. The hotel staff were ALL very personable and accomodating to our needs! The hotel manager Jacquline Lewis helped us make reservation changes without quibble. Terrific place for family travel!!
B Bochenski
Dryden, NY

Reviewed 8 July 2011

We loved our stay at the Inn. The staff was friendly, and our room was comfortable, and the price was much cheaper than most of the places in town. The rate for the room was cheaper than any of the chains in town. It's in walking distance to a couple of good restaurants.

There is a free wine and beer tasting every night with wine from the Finger Lakes, and imported beers. The woman who was running the wine tasting sat with us for over an hour telling us about all the sights to see in Auburn, and giving us great advice for our trip.

I would definitely stay there again, and recommend it to anyone- no complaints!

Room Tip: Ask for the best price at the front desk. We got $25 knocked off from the price they quoted us on th...