“Never Again!”

Inn at the Finger Lakes
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Auburn
Reviewed 16 May 2014

We had booked through Hotels.com, requesting two queen beds. We received a phone call a few days before arrival asking if we would give our accessible room to someone who needed it. We agreed only on condition that we would receive the same room type (2 queen beds)/non-accessible. When we arrived we were placed in a room that had one queen and a sofa bed. When we complained, we were told that they "upgraded" us because they had no other rooms. If you've ever slept on a sofa bed with that thin mattress and the springs and bars poking through, you will know what I'm talking about. Some upgrade! When I said we would be checking out, I was told that there would be no refund since we had already checked in, but they could refund day 2. They promised to find us a better room for the next night if we stayed. Unfortunately, there were no other places available at that time so we had to stay the night. Needless to say, my back was killing me the next morning. I suggested that the right thing to do would be too refund our money for that night since they didn't live up to their end of the bargain. Of course they refused. NEVER AGAIN!!
Anyway, the place looks like it was either a former nursing home or assisted living facility - very institutional looking.

Room Tip: Don't EVER agree to change your room when the hotel or a third party (booking agent) requests a...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank TravelinFoodie512

Reviewed 19 February 2014

My Fiance and I stayed over Valentine's Day, and it was great! I chose it because it had such great reviews and I was not disappointed. The hotel staff was warm and welcoming, and our room was adorable with a large window, window seat, and comfortable bed. The continental breakfast was must better than I expected with eggs, toast, danish, waffles, bagels cereal, fruit, yogurt, three kids of juice, and coffee. We only paid $79 for our room, and we will definitely stay again!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Joanna I
Reviewed 9 February 2014

We stay here about three times a year and enjoy the area. On our last visit we had the most wonderful conversation with Mike during our breakfast. He seemed to know the area well and suggested a local restaurant. Our room was clean and comfortable as usual and we are already looking forward to our next visit.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jim w
Reviewed 23 January 2014

This was my family and I second time staying and because of Patrice and her great customer service, it was a very pleasant stay. As soon as we got to the room, everyone fell asleep on the very comfortable beds. Shower was excellent to take. I highly recommend this hotel to be THE #1 HOTEL in Auburn!!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Chris B
Reviewed 19 December 2013

I spent an overnight here with 46 retired teachers. It's the first hotel I have ever stayed at where the manager greeted us at the entrance and encouraged us to come in and get out of the cold! She was absolutely delightful and made us feel so welcome. The rooms were small but well appointed with every necessity. Friends even commented on the accordion folded tissue and toilet paper..nice cute touch! I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sue M
Reviewed 10 November 2013

Just stayed there for two nights for the first time and was very impressed. The hotel is clean, the staff is fabulous and attentive. They have a managers reception with free wine and beer; what other place does that?. The manager of the hotel is one of the sweetest people you'll ever meet; she greets everyone and asks how everything is whenever she sees you. THe continental breakfast is very satisfying and there is never an empty platter; the staff was right on it constantly. I can't say enough about this hotel; it was definitely one of the best ones I have ever stayed at and I will definitely stay there every time I visit.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank po2wn
Reviewed 10 November 2013

This hotel is very clean and a great deal for my boys and I when shopping at the Waterloo outlet. Room was spacious enough with two queen beds and a padded window sill. Breakfast was okay. The front staff was very friendly and helpful

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank cathy M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Auburn
Skaneateles Suites
Hampton Inn Seneca Falls
#1 of 4 in Seneca Falls
Ramada Plaza Geneva Lakefront Resort
Holiday Inn Waterloo-Seneca Falls

Been to Inn at the Finger Lakes? Share your experiences!