“Sometimes you get more than you pay for :)”

Inn at the Finger Lakes
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Auburn
Boston, MA
“Sometimes you get more than you pay for :)”
Reviewed 24 April 2007

My boyfriend and I planned a weekend getaway to the Finger Lakes to celebrate our two-year anniversary. I found this place in a yahoo search and figured I'd look into it some more. They are reasonably priced (I think a standard room was only $70-$80/night and a junior suite was $125 or so), but I got a steal because they were offering a "chocolate and charge cards" package where you got a junior suite, coupons for the Waterloo Outlets, and a box of chocolates from a local chocolatier for only $79 plus tax.
I can't tell you how happy I am that we booked it. I was a little wary that maybe I was going to get what I paid for, but the room was really nice ("bedroom" area, "living room" area, bathroom, and even a bar area with a dishwasher). I am really anal and maybe a trifle paranoid about hotel cleanliness, and the room did not even come close to disappointing. It was pristine!! We were really happy to have stayed there and it was near a lot (major routes, grocery store, diners, etc). We were bummed we didn't have time to take advantage of the manager's welcome reception.

The only things that maybe were quirky or unfavourable: you could DEFINITELY hear the doors slamming shut, which kind of sucked at 7am, and though it wasn't important to us, if you're looking for a hotel with a view, this is not the place for you. But if you're looking for an otherwise nice and VERY affordable place to stay, I highly recommend it - and be sure to check out their package offerings because you might actually get MORE for less money!

• Liked — The price and the cleanliness of the room
  • Disliked — Noise level might not be tolerable for some - it didn't bother us terribly though.
  • Stayed April 2007, travelled as a couple
4 Thank BostonBabe1983

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Hartford, CT
Reviewed 19 February 2007

I stayed at this little hotel for the first time with my family. I was truly impressed by its overall appearance. From outside, to the lobby, to the room. Everything looked so pretty and nice... and our room was so clean and comfortable. It had everything you'd find in one of those big chain hotel rooms, including the decor. My family was amazed! I came to the area because I was visiting a relative who's incarcerated in a correctional facility nearby. The staff was so friendly and eager to help us in any way. I felt so at ease being a complete outsider. The hotel is in a great location. It's close to lots of restaurants and shopping areas. I loved the fact that the breakfast was free since I was traveling with two teenagers. I definitely recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to Auburn, NY. It is such a great place! Oh... and it's also affordable. I got a special rate due to the purpose of my visit and another discount for being a government employee. Lucky me! The only thing I dislike a little was the bed. It was not firm enough for me. Regardless, I will definitely stay here again when I return to visit my sibling.

1 Thank Milliep99
Southern Ontario
Reviewed 7 December 2006

Well, this is the third time my wife and I have stayed at this great little place. The first two times last year were travel related. This time we just decided to head to the area for some shopping and quite literally, to stay at this hotel. The staff here are absolutely wonderful, friendly and helpful. We really enjoyed the manager's reception followed by a nice dinner at Daut's just down the street. The hotel is spotless and the continental breakfast has everything you need. The room we had this time was small, but as stated previously, it was spotless and everything appeared new. We had a nice flat screen TV and the bed was very comfortable. We will be making this a regular trip in the future, due in no small part to this hotel and its' staff.

• Liked — great staff and clean hotel
  • Tips/Secrets — make sure you go to the manager's reception
  • Stayed December 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank shaggyr
Allentown, Pa
Reviewed 17 October 2006

Stayed at Inn at the Finger Lakes after calling several other hotels that were full. Got there on a Saturday evening just in time to enjoy the wine and beer reception with snacks. Our room looked either new or recently remodeled and it was spotless. It also had the most comfortable bed of any hotel I have stayed in. Enjoyed a good continental breakfast the next morning that included fresh fruit. Our overnight stay exceeded our expectations.

• Liked — Great value
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Tips/Secrets — Good place to stay to visit area wineries
  • Stayed October 2006, travelled as a couple
5 Thank jetguy602
Kensington, MD
Reviewed 14 October 2006

We stayed one night in this hotel on Columbus day weekend. THe hotel is nice, clean, and the price is reasonable. The location is also good when you visit the Cayuga Lake and Skaneateles area. We would recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed October 2006
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 2 September 2006

Stayed here for one night for a wedding. Great place to stay in the fingerlakes region. The staff was kind enough to have us check-in early because of the wedding. The room was small with one queen bed but was impressed with the flat screen and a "day bed" sitting area. The room and bathroom ("rain" showerhead) was clean and spacious and nicely decorated. There was a free deluxe continental breakfast provided which was great! Would definetly recommend this hotel to family and friends.

Stayed August 2006
3 Thank Rissa0401
Morris, Illinois
Reviewed 28 April 2006

We stayed at this hotel during a two week motor trip and it was one of the best. It was featured in a coupon book (the ones you can pick up at Interstate service areas) and we had not expected much. We were very pleasantly surprised! The rate was good and the room was clean and bed very comfortable. The room was rather small as the single queen bed filled the room. There is no was a roll away could have fit into the room, to give you an idea. This property is a former Microtel but has been upgraded and there are LCD flat screen TV's in each room. Nice. Plus, free high speed internet service that really was high speed! Breakfast was included and was nice. In all, a very favorable experience! A block away is Daut's restaurant which is great. Good food and brew.

• Stayed April 2006
6 Thank FarAndWide_Traveller
Also consider these accommodations in or near Auburn
Hilton Garden Inn Auburn
The Gould Hotel
The Gould Hotel
#2 of 4 in Seneca Falls
Skaneateles Suites Boutique Hotel

Been to Inn at the Finger Lakes? Share your experiences!