My boyfriend and I planned a weekend getaway to the Finger Lakes to celebrate our two-year anniversary. I found this place in a yahoo search and figured I'd look into it some more. They are reasonably priced (I think a standard room was only $70-$80/night and a junior suite was $125 or so), but I got a steal because they were offering a "chocolate and charge cards" package where you got a junior suite, coupons for the Waterloo Outlets, and a box of chocolates from a local chocolatier for only $79 plus tax.
I can't tell you how happy I am that we booked it. I was a little wary that maybe I was going to get what I paid for, but the room was really nice ("bedroom" area, "living room" area, bathroom, and even a bar area with a dishwasher). I am really anal and maybe a trifle paranoid about hotel cleanliness, and the room did not even come close to disappointing. It was pristine!! We were really happy to have stayed there and it was near a lot (major routes, grocery store, diners, etc). We were bummed we didn't have time to take advantage of the manager's welcome reception.
The only things that maybe were quirky or unfavourable: you could DEFINITELY hear the doors slamming shut, which kind of sucked at 7am, and though it wasn't important to us, if you're looking for a hotel with a view, this is not the place for you. But if you're looking for an otherwise nice and VERY affordable place to stay, I highly recommend it - and be sure to check out their package offerings because you might actually get MORE for less money!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Inn at the Finger Lakes Hotel in Auburn offers lodging and accommodations for vacations and getaways in the Finger Lakes wine region of New York. The Finger Lakes region is known for its distinctive wineries and the Inn at the Finger Lakes is located near many - all found along the Cayuga and Seneca Wine Trails. We are near historical, cultural and recreational points of interest including Skaneateles Lake, Owasco Lake, Harriet Tubman House and William Seward House. Visitors can shop til they drop at Bass Pro Shop, MacKenzie-Child's Pottery, Waterloo Premium Outlets, Carousel Mall, Macys and Marshalls as well as a variety of local antique shops and farmers markets that offer a unique and varied shopping experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Ctrip TA, Priceline, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Inn at the Finger Lakes reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Inn At The Finger Lakes Hotel Auburn
- Finger Lakes Hotel
- Hotel At The Finger Lakes
- Inn At The Finger Lakes Auburn, NY