“Good choice for budget hotel in Auburn” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Inn at the Finger Lakes

Inn at the Finger Lakes
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Auburn
Canada
“Good choice for budget hotel in Auburn”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2007

We stayed at this hotel on a recent visit to shop at the Waterloo outlet mall. As some previous reviewers, we enjoyed the "Chocolates and Charge Cards" package and paid $89/night. I thought the room was pretty good for the price, and the chocolates were a bonus. The room was somewhat small but clean, and we could hear some street noise and a bit of noise from the adjoining rooms. However, for a budget hotel, it is a good choice. It is nicely maintained and the free continental breakfast had a few things beyond just muffins and cereal.

Stayed September 2007
4 Thank bluejay31

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Hamilton, Ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2007

We stayed at the Inn at the Finger Lakes Aug 20-21, 2007 and could not have been more pleased with our stay. Since one of the reasons for being in the area was to go shopping at the nearby factory outlet
mall, we took advantage of the hotel's "Chocolates & Charge Cards" package, which included a room with two queen beds, a booklet of discount coupons for the outlet mall, a folder packed with information on the area's attractions and a "welcome" box of chocolates... all for $99.99! We were travelling with a dog and had requested a room on the first floor (dog doesn't like stairs!) and an early check-in time. We were accommodated on all counts.

From the moment we arrived we could not have been made to feel more welcome. Staff at the front desk are friendly, professional and efficient (they even stock welcome biscuits for the dog) and during our stay we discovered the same with all the hotel staff--- maintenance men, chambermaids, and the woman who supervised the breakfast room. We missed the nightly complimentary wine and cheese, but the continental breakfast was more than adequate.

Yes, the rooms are rather small, but beautifully appointed, spotlessly clean and very cozy. Our beds were very comfortable, the area is quiet, parking is great and the night light in the bathrooms is a very nice touch. There is no on-site restaurant, but staff are great at making suggestions and there are many restaurants either within walking distance or a short drive. If you are interested in the nearby factory outlet mall, the package that the Inn offers is excellent.

All in all, I could not recommend the Inn at the Finger Lakes more highly other than to say "we will be back"!

• Liked — Spotlessness of the rooms and the welcoming staff
  • Disliked — N/A
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled with friends
3 Thank PoloRalphLauren
NY, NY
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2007

This former "Microtel" is located in the rundown, seedy, downtown section of the prison city of Auburn. It was and is a bare-bones economy lodge that is trying to somehow reinvent itself as a luxury destination. From my experience, it was hardly sucessful. The hotel is not anywhere near the Finger Lakes, the only view you may possibly have is of the security perimeter of the Auburn Correctional Facility. The tiny, stuffy, Non Smoking room reeked like stale smoke, body odour, and foul cheese. Simply put, it was absolutely horrible. The bathroom shower had mold and mildew on the curtain and the walls, I was totally disgusted. One employee who ran the continental breakfast was *so terribly rude*. As a traveler of over 15 years, I've never encountered someone so crass in the hospitality industry. Her dreadful personality and rotten demeanor alone is enough for me to urgently warn anyone from staying at this establishment. If you must stay in Auburn, New York, do yourself a favour and make a reservation at the holiday inn a few of blocks over, if you want decent accomodation, to feel welcomed, and have an enjoyable holiday.

• Disliked — Total misrepresentation of accomodations on website and in prior telephone communcations
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled on business
4 Thank Travel-US1
Boston, MA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2007

My boyfriend and I planned a weekend getaway to the Finger Lakes to celebrate our two-year anniversary. I found this place in a yahoo search and figured I'd look into it some more. They are reasonably priced (I think a standard room was only $70-$80/night and a junior suite was $125 or so), but I got a steal because they were offering a "chocolate and charge cards" package where you got a junior suite, coupons for the Waterloo Outlets, and a box of chocolates from a local chocolatier for only $79 plus tax.
I can't tell you how happy I am that we booked it. I was a little wary that maybe I was going to get what I paid for, but the room was really nice ("bedroom" area, "living room" area, bathroom, and even a bar area with a dishwasher). I am really anal and maybe a trifle paranoid about hotel cleanliness, and the room did not even come close to disappointing. It was pristine!! We were really happy to have stayed there and it was near a lot (major routes, grocery store, diners, etc). We were bummed we didn't have time to take advantage of the manager's welcome reception.

The only things that maybe were quirky or unfavourable: you could DEFINITELY hear the doors slamming shut, which kind of sucked at 7am, and though it wasn't important to us, if you're looking for a hotel with a view, this is not the place for you. But if you're looking for an otherwise nice and VERY affordable place to stay, I highly recommend it - and be sure to check out their package offerings because you might actually get MORE for less money!

• Liked — The price and the cleanliness of the room
  • Disliked — Noise level might not be tolerable for some - it didn't bother us terribly though.
  • Stayed April 2007, travelled as a couple
4 Thank BostonBabe1983
Hartford, CT
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2007

I stayed at this little hotel for the first time with my family. I was truly impressed by its overall appearance. From outside, to the lobby, to the room. Everything looked so pretty and nice... and our room was so clean and comfortable. It had everything you'd find in one of those big chain hotel rooms, including the decor. My family was amazed! I came to the area because I was visiting a relative who's incarcerated in a correctional facility nearby. The staff was so friendly and eager to help us in any way. I felt so at ease being a complete outsider. The hotel is in a great location. It's close to lots of restaurants and shopping areas. I loved the fact that the breakfast was free since I was traveling with two teenagers. I definitely recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to Auburn, NY. It is such a great place! Oh... and it's also affordable. I got a special rate due to the purpose of my visit and another discount for being a government employee. Lucky me! The only thing I dislike a little was the bed. It was not firm enough for me. Regardless, I will definitely stay here again when I return to visit my sibling.

1 Thank Milliep99
Southern Ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2006

Well, this is the third time my wife and I have stayed at this great little place. The first two times last year were travel related. This time we just decided to head to the area for some shopping and quite literally, to stay at this hotel. The staff here are absolutely wonderful, friendly and helpful. We really enjoyed the manager's reception followed by a nice dinner at Daut's just down the street. The hotel is spotless and the continental breakfast has everything you need. The room we had this time was small, but as stated previously, it was spotless and everything appeared new. We had a nice flat screen TV and the bed was very comfortable. We will be making this a regular trip in the future, due in no small part to this hotel and its' staff.

• Liked — great staff and clean hotel
  • Tips/Secrets — make sure you go to the manager's reception
  • Stayed December 2006, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank shaggyr
Allentown, Pa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2006

Stayed at Inn at the Finger Lakes after calling several other hotels that were full. Got there on a Saturday evening just in time to enjoy the wine and beer reception with snacks. Our room looked either new or recently remodeled and it was spotless. It also had the most comfortable bed of any hotel I have stayed in. Enjoyed a good continental breakfast the next morning that included fresh fruit. Our overnight stay exceeded our expectations.

• Liked — Great value
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Tips/Secrets — Good place to stay to visit area wineries
  • Stayed October 2006, travelled as a couple
5 Thank jetguy602
Also consider these accommodations in or near Auburn
Hilton Garden Inn Auburn
Hampton Inn Seneca Falls
Hampton Inn Seneca Falls
#1 of 4 in Seneca Falls
Ramada Plaza Geneva Lakefront Resort

Been to Inn at the Finger Lakes? Share your experiences!