“Wonderful Mexican flavor and a bargain” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Kids, Cheap Eats, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Rochester, New York
“Wonderful Mexican flavor and a bargain”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2013

Mesa Grande is our favorite place to eat lunch when we are visiting the Schweinfurth Memorial Art Center in Auburn, NY. Their burritos are individually prepared to your order. The portion size is large, so the two of us usually split one, which makes them a bargain. On our last visit, we tried their flan, which was one of the best we have had in a while.

The atmosphere is definitely fast food plain. During the winter, you will want to sit as far away from the doors as possible.

The counter service is fast and courteous even when you have trouble deciding what, of the many items offered, to include in your burrito.

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Maxlent

Syracuse, New York
“Excellent Mexican!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2013

We love going to Mesa Grande. It's a very nice food, with a large menu. Everything we have ever had there was excellent. They also offer some unusual drinks and items. Can't wait to go back again!

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Brian H
key west, fl
“So pleased that we stopped in for a bite to eat.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2013

We had the vegetarian salad and the pulled chicken hard shell tacos (3 tacos). The food was delicious. Sorry we leave tomorrow or I'd be back in the afternoon. I did head back in for more tacos but they had just closed the register. It's nothing fancy just real good food. Slide down the line, order your food as they prepare it and pay at the register.

It is what it is and we were very pleased. Very clean as well.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank collye
Dallas, Texas
“Don't waste your time or money!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2013

I travel a lot, I love mexican, tex-mex, anything along those lines. I was here on business, and I just LOVE Connie's Deli in town, but I thought I'd give another place a try. Boy was I mistaken! My Quesadilla (my favorite thing) was a tasteless greasy mess, missing almost all of the good things that should have come with it. When I asked, I was told by a very large man that this was the way they made them and he looked puzzled when I explained what a real quesadilla is supposed to look like. Lousy food, less than stellar customer service here. The only people that will like this place are those who know no better. I had a MUCH better quesadilla at a place called Parkers, and they don't specialize in tex mex, but they had it much closer than Mesa did. Don't waste your time or money here, go to Connie's for the real stuff, it's worth the trip and price!

• Visited May 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Auburn, New York
“You get to Choose”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2013

Slide down the line and have a taco or burrito created just for you. Great beans & rice and lots of different hot sauces to try. Good value for the food.

Visited December 2012