“Oak and Vine is Super Fine!”

Oak and Vine at Springside Inn
Ranked #16 of 117 Restaurants in Auburn
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 1 April 2014

The Oak and Vine has partnered with David's Refuge to pour life and hope into our parents who are raising children with special needs or struggling with a life threatening condition. Thank you for believing in our mission!

Reviewed 17 March 2014

Fried food night! Surprising for a Friday night such limited menu. I was expecting a slightly more upscale atmosphere; maybe caught it on a Special night?

Reviewed 15 March 2014

While staying at the Springside we decided to just stay on site and eat here. It was delightful. We had drinks at the bar and ate there as well. Our server was fantastic. He was attentive and engaging without being overbearing. The food was delicious. Couldn't be happier.

Reviewed 2 January 2014

Dined at New Years Eve early (6:00pm). Service was terrific, we never wanted for anything from the servers. Ordered special of the day (16 oz Rib eye) and steak was very good and cooked to my order exactly. Problem was with the pasta dishes ordered. First we had a question about the seafood pasta dish, billed as having a Dijon sauce. When my girlfriend asked about the degree of mustard in the sauce, our server indicated that it "Wasn't that mustard forward". Upon receiving the dish, it was as if someone had dumped a jar on Dijon on the bottom of it. I tried the dish, and it was too mustardy for me as well, and I love Dijon. Staff took the dish back no questions asked, and replaced it with the Chicken Alexis pasta dish with chicken and chorizo in a tomato cream sauce which was fine, but uninspired. With the exception of the one mistake, it was nice place, warm and inviting. I would consider returning to give it a second chance, but the limited menu doesn't really offer enough to entice me back for anything expect for steak, and I can get that with better other options at just as many places.

1  Thank Chris R
Reviewed 7 December 2013

Dinner was superb. Butternut squash soup the best there is. Great food, great service. Certain to repeat.