“Yummy and affordable”

Dining options: Reservations
rochester, NY
“Yummy and affordable”
Reviewed 11 November 2013 via mobile

Even though I find myself in Auburn frequently, I always seem to forget about this restaurant, as it is tucked away on a side street. But we were in search of a good fish fry and decided to try the Hollywood. And it was a good choice. For 10.95 you get a salad (only thing that was lacking in my opinion, I'm just not a fan of iceberg lettuce with a few tomatoes and cucumbers thrown
in), side dish (mashed potatoes and gravy were delicious), small serving of cole slaw (not a fan, so cannot attest to the taste), and rather than the traditional long piece of fish hanging off the plate, there were two decent sized portions/pieces (breading and fish were very tasty). Service was friendly and attentive and the decor is old, but more quaint than run down. A good choice when in Auburn.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank serenity37

Canandaigua, New York
“Now That's Italian”
Reviewed 18 October 2013

Small but cozy atmosphere, old fashion in its decoration and feel. The selections are numerous and the food is great. From the freshness and crispness of the salad, to the steamy hot and tasty soup, to the generous portioned entrees, there are no complaints here. Only issue is you get so full there is no room for dessert. And did I mention the freshness of the Italian bread? Reasonably priced, and the sauce (gravy) is not too sweet.

• Visited March 2013
Congress, Arizona
“Best Italian food in the area”
Reviewed 14 October 2013

I have been going to this restaurant since I was a teenager and the Italian food was always excellent. After moving from the area about ten years ago, we decided our visit back home would not be complete without a veal parmesan dinner at the Hollywood. Of our party of 5, two of us ordered the veal parmesan and we definitely were not dissappointed! The veal covered the platter on which it was served and had ample sauce and cheese, and was served with salad, bread and a side of pasta. Other members of our party ordered scallops, lasagna and seafood platter, and all raved about the excellent flavor and quantity of food served. The waitress offered extra sauce for the food and was very attentive to our needs. We all walked out of the restaurant with to-go boxes. The quality of food and service has not changed in this restaurant in 40 years that I have been a customer and my next trip to Central New York will not be without a meal at the Hollywood!

• Visited September 2013
Baltimore, Maryland
“Great food, Interesting atmosphere”
Reviewed 5 October 2013 via mobile

My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our seafood dinners. The service was prompt and friendly. Best of all, prices are reasonable. We highly recommend.

• Visited September 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
“Best Veal Parm EVER!!!!!!”
Reviewed 28 August 2013

It has been years since I went to the Hollywood Restaurant and I was blown away by the Veal Parm, its size and its tatse and the friendly staff... One of the best Italian Restaurants in the Country... Great Meal... We will be back the next time we visit Auburn

• Visited July 2013