“Lunch meal” 3 of 5 bubbles

Kostas Bar and Grill
Ranked #27 of 116 Restaurants in Auburn
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Auburn, New York
“Lunch meal”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

Restaurant has a dining room and bar area. Both had multiple televisions. Lots of front and side parking available.
There were about a dozen daily specials, a lunch and dinner menu. The breakfast menu is served until 4 p.m.
The bbq chicken special came with 2 sides - about seven from which to choose. It was a whole half roasted chicken.
There were plenty of sandwich and pasta choices as well as pizzas. According to a posted notice they offer free deliveries.

Visited May 2014

New York
“Good for Sunday Late Lunch”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2014

Dined here this past weekend; late lunch on Super Bowl Sunday. Service OK. Owner friendly. Italian Wedding Soup was very good. Had the roast turkey dinner - hand carved turkey, real mashed ptoatoes, both good but the dressing/stuffing was hardly edible - very heavy on the sage and salt and dry. The portion size was huge; took most of it home but that's actually a good thing in my book (able to share with hubby and enjoy over the next few days. My dining companion had an issue with her bill; bit of a run around but it was settled. Sports bar atmosphere; TVs everywhere. Small child (owner's kid or grandkid??) running around, climbing over booth seats, etc... was a bit annoying but at least he's spending quality time with his family??? lol

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank pawpaw
Syracuse, New York
“Enjoyable Family Dining Experience”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013

After a day at the Seneca wineries my family and I stopped at Kosta’s for dinner on our way back home to Syracuse. We were seated right away. The inside looked a typical family casual dining style restaurant, with the exception that one half the restaurant is a sports bar. The two areas are kept separate so your dining experience is not interrupted by the sports bar patrons, but sports fans in the dining area are able to watch the games too because the entire restaurant is covered with televisions (my son told me there was even one in the bathroom). The volume of the televisions in the dining area must have either been turned off or on low because I did not notice any excessive noise interrupting our conversation.
Our waitress was friendly and attentive. Three of us ordered coffee and our cups were constantly refilled. Fresh bread is brought to the table after ordering which was good. Main entrees come with your choice of soup or salad. We all ordered soup, which was lukewarm for all of us, even though we ordered different soups. We did not ask the waitress to warm it up and just ate it as is. Despite being lukewarm my Italian wedding soup was pretty good with ample meatballs and acini de pepe pasta.
I ordered the chicken riggies for my main dish. The portion size was huge. I made three meals out of it. I usually like my riggies a little spicier, but it was still good. The chicken in it was nice a tender. My family members also enjoyed their meals. My father ordered the turkey dinner and was also able to get a couple of meals from one dish. He said the food was good and the mashed potatoes were real.
Good experience here, I would return.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Sarah M
“Go elsewhere”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2013

Food cold and took forever. I asked waitress for water several times and got none. Just a bad experience overall.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank RLR2
Auburn, New York, United States
“Used to be one of the vest places in Auburn!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2013

Last time we were there we all ordered the same thing, all 3 orders were wrong when we got them. Sent them back, by the time we got them back the food was COLD, not good with gravy. Have decided that since the bar has been such a success, I guess they don't need to worry about the folks who are just looking for a good meal. Too bad a good thing has changed so much.

• Visited July 2013