“Perfectly Welcoming at the Wicher Garden” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of A Wicher Garden Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Auburn
A Wicher Garden Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 5 Auburn B&B and Inns
East Coast
“Perfectly Welcoming at the Wicher Garden”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2007

Gail and Gary Wichers, Proprietors of this wonderful Bed & Breakfast greeted us on the welcoming wrap around porch, drenced in sunlight and GREYHOUNDS! My Greyhound Rescue Adoption group was in the area for the weekend visiting the Cayuga Trail Vineyards and we were so warmly welcomed by this lovely couple and their impeccable home. The dogs were every bit as welcomed as we were!

I highly recommend this B&B to all Greyhound travelers who find themselves lost in the beautiful Auburn vicinity!

Thanks Gail and Gary!

Lori and Onyx

• Liked — Gail and Gary Wichers
  • Disliked — That I couldn't stay another week!
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Woodbridge, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2007

We had a greyt time at the B&B. The hosts were very friendly and helpful. They did go above and beyond to satisfy our needs.

The room we stayed in was really cozy. I really loved the porch outside our room with the adirondac chairs. So quiet and peaceful after a long day on the Cayuga Wine Trail . It was nice to come back and just relax.
The next morning we would go down to breakfast which had a nice variety of fruits, hot muffins, and breakfast items.
I could bring my greyhound who was addressed as part of the family which she is. Making it a greyt weekend.
I sure look forward to next year.
Thanks again,

• Liked — The friendly service
  • Disliked — Nothing I can think of
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled on business
Mechanicville, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2007

This B&B is located on a beautifully landscaped property, with a lush nature trail. A serene hammock hangs in the rear garden for that extra sense of relaxation. Gary and Gail personally greeted us, and immediately made me and my family feel at home. They were both courteous and welcoming, and made it clear that no request was unreasonable. In fact, they even allowed our two greyhounds to stay with us in the beautiful garden room along with our two children. Gail even helped my two young boys pick fresh flowers for my wife!

The three-course breakfast was an exquisite combination of expert fresh preparation, and good old-fashioned home cooking. All the bread and muffins were fresh baked that morning, the fruit tasted like it was right off the vine, and the main dish was a uniquely delightful surprise every morning. Great coffee rounded out a wonderful breakfast each morning

Gail and Gary made special accommodations to me personally because my strict diet as a competitive athlete. They made it clear to me and the other guests that no one leaves their wonderful establishment without the warm feeling of being completely pampered, and given celebrity status.

Highly recommended, and I will definately be staying there again!

• Liked — The warm personal service.
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled with family
BUFFALO
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2007

We stayed in the Rose Room for two nights this weekend. the room was very well decorated, clean, and comfortable. It has a true 2 person jacuzzi tub. My wife and I enjoyed this amenity both nights.
The innkeepers Gail and Gary were very hospitable and helpful in finding and securing restaurants for dinner and things to do in this lovely area of NY. Each day began with a delicious complimentary breakfast that kept us nourished and not hungry until dinner.
We traveled the Cayuga Wine Trail and actually accomplished tastings at 4 wineries before we decided that if we wanted to drive again that day, we had better quit for the day.
A wonderful experience. We look forward to doing this again.

• Liked — Jacuzzi, breakfast, cordial innkeepers
  • Disliked — No negatives
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled as a couple
cleveland, oh
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2007

Stayed overnight on a weekend trip to Seneca falls. The Inn was immaculate, innkeepers friendly. We stayed in the emerald room, with an "extra deep" bathtub. The decor was charming, and the inn cat spent lots of quality time with us on the porch. For breakfast gail made homemade whipped cream! It was delicious. would definitly stay again if in town.

• Liked — breakfast
  • Stayed May 2005, travelled as a couple
Geneva, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2006

Gail & Gary Wicher are perfect hosts and innkeepers. Their Bed & Breakfast is beautiful. It is in the country, yet 15 minutes away from great restaurants and the Cayuga Lake Wine Trail. They are very informative about the area with many suggestions of things to do and where to go. One of the highlights of my stay was sitting on their porch at night with a glass of wine and visiting with them. They are very warm and friendly people. AND, Gail serves a breakfast that is by far the best I have had in my many stays at B&B's. Kudos to the Chef and her assistant, Gary.
The rooms and grounds are well kept and very clean.
It was an overall excellent experience and I will definitely go back. This will become a yearly trip for me just because of them.
Janie Sibell & Sarah

• Liked — Cleanliness, location, peaceful, quiet, & great hosts
  • Stayed July 2006, travelled with friends
1 Thank Buffi
Also consider these accommodations in or near Auburn
Inn at the Finger Lakes
Skaneateles Suites
#1 of 7 in Skaneateles
Holiday Inn Auburn - Finger Lakes Region
10 Fitch Luxurious Romantic Inn

Been to A Wicher Garden Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!