“Had a great lunch here!”

Parker's Grille & Tap House
Ranked #8 of 119 Restaurants in Auburn
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 15 July 2014

We had driven into town for a wedding the next day, and after 5 hours on the road were looking for lunch and a place to relax until our hotel room was ready. After driving around town, we like the look of Parkers and went in. The food was good, the service was friendly, and the beer was cold. Just what we were looking for.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Family favorite for when we visit Auburn and again, they delivered! I love the Italian Sausage and Zucchini Soup!

Reviewed 23 June 2014

my husband and I decided to try this ta rated spot in downtown auburn. We arrived at 5:45 they told us a 20 minute wait- so we put our name in and went to scope out the box office for the show that we were seeing at 8. we walked back and checked on our table. a few more minutes and we were directed to our table on the little patio.
They were busy and we sat checking out the scene. We were thirsty and wanted to get a beer- a few minutes later a flustered lady stops at our table and says" i will be right with you." She then did that to 3 other recently seated tables. So we waited some more- we were not given a beer menu so we stopped one of the other waitress and asked for a beer menu- she brought us one. A few more minutes of discussing the fact that we may have made a bad choice.
Finally Polly came to take our drink order. We ordered our beer and food cause we had been waiting and were very hungry. After she took our order she went to the other two tables and got their orders.
after quite a wait the table next to us got their food- What? they were the last of the 3 tables to order! a few minutes later the other table gets there food.Seriously?! That table was next to us and they said to us "didnt you guys order before us?" Yes we did! so a few minutes later out comes our food - a chicken caesar for me and a Dewey burger for hubby. We ordered onion rings too. so Polly brings the food- hubby immediately takes an onion ring and takes a bite, and says OH NO- this will not work! so i try one & they are COLD! They were sitting- yuk! so we tell her she can take those back-she does and says she will bring another- NO!we said.
So we begin eating. Hubby says burger is ok- not fresh- says it tastes like a frozen burger.He also said his fries were only luke warm. so I put my dressing on and start on my salad...well first off i am pretty sure that it wasnt the right dressing - like bad italian-but not ceasar. The salad was just ok- hated the disgusting dressing- was gonna double check with the waitress but she wouldnt come back to check on us- but she did check out the other tables.
So the beers were good- had to ask another waitress if we could get another beer- she sent polly back- hubby ordered another beer and asked for the bill.
She asked if I wanted a box for my salad(barely touched) I said no thanks.
They did take the onion rings off the bill. But the service we received wasn't good or welcoming and if we go back we would just go and sit at the bar and drink. Our bill was $31.50 before tip. although she didnt deserve a tip my husband tipped her 15% (against my wishes)
The beer was great and we would go back for that-but the food was very average and we were looking for more!The good thing is there are a few other good places on this block.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

Parkers just reopened after remodeling the front of the restaurant. the outdoor seating area is much nicer. Overall, this restaurant has improved in food quality and service over the last couple of years. Its a great place to stop.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Had lunch here and the food was excellent and the portion was huge. I am very partial to curly fries and they did not disappoint.

2  Thank jan1414