“Nicely Hidden Delight”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Skaneateles, New York
“Nicely Hidden Delight”
Reviewed 30 April 2014

My wife has been asking me for many years now to go to Elderberry Farms Restaurant-which I hesitated because I'm not the biggest fan of organically grown food. But this being our 14th Wedding Anniversary-I figured it was time for a try. What a delightful surprise to find this arts and crafts Stickley inspired restaurant-in the middle of what appeared to be nowhere. Splendid atmosphere with our seats next to the fire, the friendly staff served us a scrumptious meals of Shrimp and Scallops over Penne Pasta and a Broiled Haddock dinner with fresh vegetables. A suitable wine selection rounded out the evening. The only drawback was a table of 12 at the other end. Judging by their loud, incessant laughing they must have dined on Hash Brownies before they came. However it did not ruin a night to be remembered.

2 Thank stever401

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
“A country gem!”
Reviewed 28 April 2014

We went here for dinner with our children. It was fabulous. The organic food, locally raised beef and heritage bred pork were out of this world. The fresh asparagus was like none other. The service was friendly and they were wonderful to our children. The views were nice and it would be even more beautiful with full foliage and of course in the fall. It was well worth the 7 minute drive out of town. After reading some of the other reviews on TripAdvisor for restaurants in Auburn, it's obvious people didn't want to be bothered to take the leisurely drive here,otherwise this place would be # 1.

2 Thank Heather R
NY
“Big Surprise”
Reviewed 23 April 2014

I don't live far from Elderberry Pond Restaurant, so I was surprised that I hadn't heard of it before. My son-in-law, who lives in Brooklyn had heard about it and wanted to try it out.

EPR is located in the heart of central New York farm country. So, even before you enter the restaurant there's a completely different mind set. The restaurant itself is not large, but not tiny either. It looks like a new structure made to look country - I think they did a nice job too. I don't think it's a place to go if you're planning on having a loud and animated meal - very much a serene setting. It's definitely an attraction for couples, friends and family. The service was attentive, experienced and friendly.

The restaurant prides itself on farm fresh produce. Since few items are farm fresh the time of the year we went, we didn't get a chance to experience many local items right from the fields. But, that's not to say we didn't enjoy our meals - we very much enjoyed our entrees. I'm looking forward to returning this summer/fall.

If you're looking for a nice, relaxing dinner away from things - this is your place. Hope you enjoy it as much as we did.

1 Thank GLaker
Singapore, Singapore
“Support local farms”
Reviewed 18 November 2013

I love that this place has a clear philosophy that they stick to about keeping things local and fresh, it really shows in their menu. We visited for a weekday lunch and found that it was full. Good for them! The staff were friendly and the menu was detailed. Each of us loved our entrees and we were bummed to find out that they don't book private events. Would recommend it if you are in the area!

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Jessie810
Spokane, Washington
“A lucky find - not too far from I-90”
Reviewed 8 November 2013

We had time to spare between Syracuse and Rochester - found a Finger Lakes tourist brochure in our motel - decided that Auburn looked about right and the restaurant at Elderberry Pond organic farm looked like the place to be. It was an interesting drive from Exit 40 on I-90 West - the GPS took us on narrow winding roads and then there it was. We ate in the sunroom and it was delightful - beautifully set tables, menu not very large but a good choice of vegetarian and non-vegetarian food - helpful waiter. The leek and potato soup was delicious and I much enjoyed my pasta dish with sausage made from their own pigs - my husband loved his quiche-like tart which had ham pieces in it and was on a bed of green salad. We were too full to try desserts!

• Visited November 2013