“Nothing special” 3 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Lunch, Seating
Queensbury, New York
“Nothing special”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

After seeing the great reviews for this place on here I figured I would give it a shot as my other half was in the mood for a pizza. Unfortunately this place does not have any sizes other than large or extra large. We ordered a large sausage pizza for delivery.

The temperature of the pizza was good. Their was hardly any sausage on the pizza even though that was the only topping we asked for and it was a large. I would say the same amount of sausage that you would find at another pizza place's small was on this one. Quality of the sausage was mediocre. The taste of the cheese was the best thing about this pizza. It had a fresh taste to it and it looked like at least two blends of cheese was used. The pizza sauce was good but there was not enough on it. The crust was average and slightly crispy. This pizza had some grease on it as well. Some grease I guess is acceptable but this had too much on it.

The service I received on the phone and from the delivery person were average. Delivery was on time or maybe a little later than anticipated.

The cost was $13 for this large 1 topping pizza. Pretty good price considering that this large felt like an actually large. I was expecting to pay at least $15.

Bottom line: Average pizza, blah. This may be the best pizza in Auburn but from my experience with some of the other places in this area that would not be saying much.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank YYankee

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best pizza in Auburn. ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2014 via mobile

Love love love Angelo's! Can't say enough good things! The crust is perfect. ..the sauce is perfect. Always cooked just the way I like it.

1 Thank Heidi R
Leroy, NY
“What a surprise!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2013

Two weeks ago, I was in Auburn for an overnight and I felt like having pizza for supper. I tried Angelo's on the recommendation of the gal the Inn where I was staying. After picking up my pizza and putting it in my car, as I was driving back to the Inn, the delicious aroma drove me CRAZY. I could not wait to dig into my pie. When I did I was not disappointed. That pizza was some of the best I have ever had! It had the prefect balance of dough, sauce, cheese, and topping. The thin crust wasn't floppy and they finish their pie with some sort of garlic sauce that is brushed on near the end of baking. At least, that's what I suspect.

It's been two weeks and I can't stop thinking about that pizza.
The next time I'm in Auburn, I'll but several pie to bring back with me. That's is if I can resist that enticing aroma of their pies.

• Visited September 2013
Missouri
“Perfect crust!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2013

After scouring tripadvisor, we stopped here for lunch enroute to Ithaca. It is located in the "downtown" area of Auburn. You can park on the street or there is a lot adjacent to the building. We ordered 3 slice, cheese and pepperoni, at the counter. They also had calzones and wings on menu. They sell bottles of soda, water, and juice. Cash only. We opted to sit at the bar, but there are some tables, too. The pizza was served piping hot and boy, it was good! We live in NY so we've had a lot of pizza. I must say that the crust of the pizza we ate today was perfect!! It was thin, flavorful, and crisp on the bottom. It was divine. I will...... no, MUST return one day soon!!

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank stl_locavore
Syracuse, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The best pizza around”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2013

Delicious thin and crisp slices and best when eaten a the counter. Not greasy, tasty cheese and delicious sauce. The first pizza place in Auburn and the best in my estimation.

Visited March 2013