“Wondrous Wedding Weekend”

Holiday Inn Auburn - Finger Lakes Region
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Auburn
Reviewed 27 June 2012

Very pleased that the Holiday Inn of Auburn was selected as the destination hotel for our guests attending a wedding in Aurora. Having over 50 rooms booked and being from out of state ourselves, we had no idea what to expect. Fortunately, the hotel met our expectations and then some. All guests were pleased with their accommodations and the friendly manner in which they were greeted. Welcome bags from the bride and groom were graciously distributed upon arrival. While there wasn't much time to sit and enjoy the poolside, having access to the on sight pub was a convenience that provided a pleasurable dining experience, as well.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Management response:Responded 3 July 2012

Good Day - thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Auburn as host hotel for your wedding guests. Thank you too for taking the time to write a review about your experience on Trip Advisor. We are all very pleased that we "met your expectations and then some" as that makes us very happy too! It was our pleasure accommodating you and your guests. All the best to the Bride and Groom! Happy Summer to you all.

Reviewed 20 June 2012

As I was checking out of the hotel I asked the Front Desk if complimentary coffee or a bagel was available. I thought I heard the receptionist say yes we have complimentary coffee and a hot breakfast. I never heard her mention $10.99, or that there was a waitress. I walked over to the dining room and it looked like every other free breakfast. It was cafeteria style buffet with sub-par food and coffee, but I figured for free I couldn't complain. Then a waitress comes out of nowhere, asks if I needed anything else and drops a bill on my table. By that point I had already eaten and just signed the check and headed out. If I knew it wasn't free I would have walked across the street to subway for breakfast.

I did have a positive experience at the Irish Pub in the hotel. Staff was friendly, they had several beer options, and the artichoke dip and pita was actually pretty good.

Room was clean and it was easy to sign onto the wifi. Not sure what the small pillows are all about though.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ralph A
Management response:Responded 22 June 2012

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to write a review. I am sorry there was a misunderstanding about our Full American Breakfast Buffet. Breakfast is included in some room rates, for example with the Best Flex with Breakfast rate hotel guests receive a $20 breakfast voucher per room with only a $5 increase in room rate. With all of the different hotel brands in the marketplace, it does get confusing as which hotels include a complimentary breakfast and which hotels do not. Once again, please accept my apology. I was glad you enjoyed McMurphy's Pub. It is a hit with our hotel guests as well as the locals. Thank you for staying with us, and we hope you stay with us the next time your travels bring you to Abuurn and the Finger Lakes Region.

Reviewed 15 June 2012

From the time I walked in to the time i left everyone was so helpful and friendly as well as fgave my pup and I space to be free and on our own. No price can accomodate that. They were informative and even thopugh the A/C/ was oput when we arrived, they were so upbeat and accomodating that thre was no reason to look for another place to stay, and they got the A/C back on in a very timely manner. WHat a bargain and what a place. I rate them highly. thanks HIAUBURN

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
Schimizz, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Auburn - Finger Lakes Region, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your stay at the Holiday Inn Auburn. I was delighted to read "AWESOME" and I am glad you found the staff to be friendly and helpful. We hope you and your pup return to the Holiday Inn the next time your travels bring you to Auburn and the picturesque FInger Lakes Region.

Reviewed 13 June 2012

The hotel's focus is not on cleanliness. There was mold on the shower curtain, the toilet bowl had orange discoloration from lack of cleaning, the floor was filthy and I was not sure the sheets were clean. I arrived in the middle of the night and was not able to get housekeeping to correct the problems. My stay was short and I checked out as fast as I could be. Beware. Everything is not as it seems.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
6  Thank busymom20072007
Schimizz, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Auburn - Finger Lakes Region, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2012

Dear Guest: thank you for providing your feedback regarding your stay at our hotel. On behalf of our hotel and its team, please accept my sincere apology for the lack of cleanliness in your guest room. Please know that your issues will be immediately addressed with our housekeeping department. You may be interested to learn that our General Manager is working diligently with our housekeeping team to be sure this does not occur again. It is our goal to make sure all customers are pleased with our accommodations and services. Please feel free to contact me directly if you are traveling to Auburn again so that I may personally take care of you and your next stay. Once again, please do accept my apology.

Reviewed 10 June 2012

Looks like a Holiday Inn, but this one takes some extraordinary time to train their staff and to keep their facility clean.
We could not check in right away and although they were very pleasant, they didn't offer any time frame or options. We chose to look for family and met up with them in the Irish Pub for lunch. Pub fare was good. The place was very dark which I guess in the evening is fine, but not the best for lunch. Service was good. We ordered the soup of the day, which was good, although a bit salty. Reuben was as you would expect it to be but the Fries were extraordinary! They do the waffle cut fries and cooked them to perfection. Make sure you get an order!
When we checked in, the room was spacious, clean and complete with mini fridge, microwave and a coffee pot. Linens were above average and the bed was very comfortable. The best thing about this room was that it was an outside room. The inner courtyard rooms have windows facing the indoor pool atrium. Pretty view, but very loud when there are people at the pool.
One of the things I most appreciate about this room is that the ac/heating unit was unusually smooth and quiet in its operation. I am often awakened during the night as these units turn on or shut off. This was NOT the case with this room. Was able to sleep very well without a lot of clanking and bumping noises.
I wish the unit had a magnifier mirror.
Elevators were prompt and there were two that we used for easy access depending on where we parked.
Free coffee set up in the lobby and I peeked into the morning breakfast room, but did not eat there. There are fast food restaurants across the street that are open late.
I would not hesitate to stay at this hotel again. My only warning would be don't get an inner courtyard room if you are sensitive to noise. The large atrium makes everything echo.

Room Tip: Choose a perimeter room with a window facing the outside. Atrium rooms can be loud.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Schimizz, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Auburn - Finger Lakes Region, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2012

Thank you for your recent stay at the Holiday Inn, and for taking the time to write about your stay on Trip Advisor. I was delighted to read that we are "A step above . . ." and I too think our waffle cut fries in McMurphy's Pub are extraordinary. Your review was very informative, and your feedback is greatly appreciated. It is our goal to make your stay with us as pleasant and memorable as possible. Thank you again, and we hope you and your family enjoy a wonderful summer and come back to visit us again.

Reviewed 9 May 2012

Good location, clean and friendly staff. The rooms were very nice and all the accomodaions were in good working order.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
Schimizz, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Auburn - Finger Lakes Region, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2012

Good Day and thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Auburn during your recent stay with your friends. I will share your comments with our team of how pleased you were with your stay, the cleanliness of our rooms, and our friendly staff. Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor and thank you for your business. We hope you will choose the Holiday Inn Auburn again the next time your travels bring you to Auburn and the beautiful Finger Lakes Region.

Reviewed 6 May 2012

The staff is nice and helpful. It's a great location. It's very clean, the breakfast and pub are great and there is a pool! What more do you want? I have nothing but good things to say!

• Stayed: April 2012
Schimizz, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Auburn - Finger Lakes Region, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2012

Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Auburn, and for taking the time to write about your stay on Trip Advisor. I was delighted to read that our staff took care of your needs and that you were pleased with our restaurants and pool. We hope you will choose the Holiday Inn Auburn again the next time your travels bring you back to the beautiful Finger Lakes Region. Happy Spring!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Auburn
Hilton Garden Inn Auburn
Hampton Inn Seneca Falls
#1 of 4 in Seneca Falls
23 mi away
Holiday Inn Express Hotels Geneva Finger Lakes

Been to Holiday Inn Auburn - Finger Lakes Region? Share your experiences!