“Great Pet Friendly Place”

Holiday Inn Auburn - Finger Lakes Region
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Auburn
Falmouth, Massachusetts, United States
“Great Pet Friendly Place”
Reviewed 3 October 2012

From the friendly front desk to the housekeeping staff everyone was welcoming and actually liked having the dogs at the hotel. They provided extra towels on rainy days and had complementary poop bags right at the door.
The rooms were clean and their restaurant was superb, we ate there every night and never had to venture for something better we already had it there in the hotel.
There were many areas to walk the dogs and even a nice grassy area to chase ball.
I do not usually give glowing review but this hotel really deserves it.
Thanks for the great stay.

Room Tip: Stairs close to all rooms the west side is closer to walking areas.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
Mary M, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Auburn - Finger Lakes Region, responded to this review, 5 October 2012
Thank you for staying at the Holiday Inn Auburn. Your review on Trip Advisor was wonderful to read. I am glad you were so pleased with our welcoming staff, cleanliness of our guestrooms and that your restaurant experience was superb. Most of all I am delighted that you and your pet were pleased with your overall experience. We hope you and your pet stay with us again. Thank you!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Basel, Switzerland
Reviewed 27 September 2012

Great place, I enjoyed traveling trough it.
Business first, as usual, but after that I could take a "shortcut" to get back to the Big Apple for more assignments.
Back to the hotel, it was quiet, with a welcoming staff, and all what you expect of it.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
Mary M, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Auburn - Finger Lakes Region, responded to this review, 1 October 2012
Good Day and thnk you for staying at the Holiday Inn, Auburn. I was delighted to read that you were pleased with our hotel, and our "welcoming staff." We hope you will stay with us again the next time your travels bring you through Central NY and the Finger Lakes Region for business or for pleasure (we have wonderful attractions and wineries to visit).
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 6 September 2012

The hotel staff is very helpful at this hotel. We would like to thank Jackie for going out of her way to help us locate the right room.

Although our hotel tub/toilet and floor was not clean, the manager responded immediately to our concerns, offering us another room.

There is a small pool area. Unlike many hotels, the water is very warm. It was difficult to enjoy the pool as a couple as there were many children and no pool hours for adults.

For this reason, we would not recommend this hotel for couples unless use of the pool is not an issue.

The hotel is conveniently located to stores and tourist attractions.

Room Tip: All rooms resemble eachother...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Mary M, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Auburn - Finger Lakes Region, responded to this review, 9 September 2012
Thank you for staying at the Holiday Inn and for your review. I was glad to read how helpful our staff was to your needs. We receive many favorable comments on Jackie our front desk clerk. Many of our customers know, respect and appreciate Jackie, and we are proud to have her as an employee. I was sorry to read that your bathroom was ot clean up checkin, and I was glad to read that the manager responded immediately. I was glad the pool temperature was to your liking. Some times there are kids enjoying our pool, and some times it is mainly adults. I was also glad you were pleased with our location. We are within walking distance to many wonderful attractions, theatre, restaurants and bars. We hope you will stay with us again the next time your travels bring you to Auburn and the Finger Lakes Region.
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 4 September 2012

This was my second visit to Holiday Inn Auburn in 2 years. I'm from Canada and like to come down for the outlet shopping nearby. I booked the hotel the first year simply because it was last minute and nothing else was available. I returned this year because of the great experience.

The rooms are clean and well proportioned. The screen was flat and the pillows and bed sheets white and soft. The bathroom is adequately upgraded with pretty good water pressure. I had no issues with smell or noise; and on the first visit my room faced the pool. This was actually neat as it gave us a little inside balcony.

The pub is a great comfortable spot with fast and friendly service; exactly what you need after a full day of shopping. The breakfast the next morning is a bit of a spurge but the food is good and the atmosphere relaxing. If I had to pick I'd do dinner and skip breakfast ... there is a Tim Horton's nearby!

I haven't yet used the pool (always too tired) but its very cute and inviting. The elevators are quick and clean, with an open view of the pool area. I have never been far from vending or ice machines.

All the staff I interacted with were very friendly and professional, absolutely no issue there.

The only thing keeping me from issuing a 5 star rating is the price. I find it a bit high. I paid ~$150 for a Friday night. I've stayed in nicer places in the centre of big cities for less. But, taking a look at what is around the area, maybe this is just what you have to pay to get a clean comfortable room that goes a bit beyond the bare necessities in this part of the country.

I'll be back next year .. or sooner.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Mary M, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Auburn - Finger Lakes Region, responded to this review, 6 September 2012
Thank you for being a return customer. We truly appreciate your business. I was delighted to read your comments, and will pass them on to our staff. We are scheduled to be rennovated this winter - so please do come back for more fun and shopping. Thank you again for your review on Trip Advisor and for choosing the Holiday Inn Auburn for your shopping trips.
Mendota Heights Mn
Reviewed 27 August 2012

It was hard to get a good deal in Upstate NY in late August! We paid around $100/night and that seems high for hotel of this quality. This hotel is rated at 3 stars, it might have been once but it is no longer that. It was relatively clean but entire hotel looks tired and well used. Our elevator was slow, noisy with a distinctive jolt between 2nd and 3rd floor. Hotel staff was friendly but not too helpful There is no complimentary hotel breakfast. Room was clean but with doubled beds not queens. We had a great view of the jail across the parking lot – Great town, with many fine restaurants, but this hotel could be better.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms with outside view, don't get struck with pool view.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Mary M, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Auburn - Finger Lakes Region, responded to this review, 29 August 2012
Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Auburn when you traveled with your family this month. I was glad to read that you enjoyed two of the many fine restaurants within walking distance of the Holiday Inn. This winter our hotel will begin renovations which will include changing the two double beds in the rooms to two queen beds. The next time your vacation plans bring you to the Finger Lakes and Auburn, we hope you and your family will choose the Holiday Inn - we will be renovated. Thank you for your business!
latrobe
Reviewed 26 August 2012

Not worth the money.
Inside rooms surround the echo chamber pool. Little rest if you're an inside person during the day or evening. Weekend rates are doubled from weekdays.

The only saving grace for the facility I found was McMurphys Pub. the food was very good, reasonably priced and large portions.

What was discouraging was when I told locals I was staying there many made sour faces and said to try other places the next time.

Room Tip: Ask for an outside room.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank armedinfidel
Thank you for your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Auburn. Weekend travel in the Finger Lakes and Auburn is busy. Our area is fortunate to have so many wonderful attractions and restaurants. I was glad you enjoyed our restaurant McMurphy's Pub. I will let the staff know that you wrote "the food was very good, reasonably prices and large portions." This winter our hotel is scheduled for a large renovation. Please try us again the next time your travels bring you to the Finger Lakes Region and Auburn, and I think you will really be very pleased with our renovations.

Travellers are raving about these Auburn hotels

Reviewed 21 August 2012

We only stayed for one night. The hotel had a lot going on, there was a large group of motorcyclists, a wedding party, and many people in town to see a show at The Merry Go Round Theater. The front desk was packed with people but the staff was quick and efficient. They were friendly and helpful.
Even though there were that many people when it came to sleeping that night. We never heard anything from any other guests and we were on the 2nd floor.
The hotel is easy to get to from the New York State Thruway and is easily accessible to the main street in Auburn where there are shops and restaurants.
I do agree with other writers, the hotel could use some updating. For example I take the stairs and the stairwell could use a good cleaning. There was a chap stick lying on the floor near the vending machine both days we were there.
As far as the room, it was spacious, clean and cool. We were there in the beginning of August and it was hot that weekend but the room offered a nice break from the heat. Unfortunately, the common areas were warm and guests from the wedding party were over heard complaining about the heat. The room had a nice refrigerator and microwave. We did not use the coffee machine.
We did eat breakfast there and didn't find it over priced. The wait staff was attentive and the food was very good.
I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Mary M, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Auburn - Finger Lakes Region, responded to this review, 23 August 2012
Thank you for your recent stay and for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor. I was pleased to read that our front desk "staff was quick and efficient. They were friendly and helpful." I was also glad to read that you were pleased with the spaciousness of your guestroom and our amenities, such as a refrigerator and microwave. We hope you will stay with us again the next time your travels bring you to the Finger Lakes Region. We will be renovating our hotel this winter, and I think you will be very pleased with what you will see when you return. Thank you again for staying at the Holiday Inn Auburn and for writing about us on Trip Advisor.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Auburn
Inn at the Finger Lakes
Hilton Garden Inn Auburn
Skaneateles Suites
Skaneateles Suites
#1 of 7 in Skaneateles
Skaneateles Suites Boutique Hotel
Ramada Plaza Geneva Lakefront Resort
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Seneca Falls

Been to Holiday Inn Auburn - Finger Lakes Region? Share your experiences!