“old hotel - ancient workout equipment”

Holiday Inn Auburn - Finger Lakes Region
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Auburn
Saratoga Springs, New York
“old hotel - ancient workout equipment”
Reviewed 20 March 2014

I usually rate the hotel by the exercise equipment since I travel alot for work, this is very import to me. The equipment in this hotel is so old, it barely works. Why not invest in some decent equipment?

Old hotel with old musty rooms and you have to pay for breakfast...

I will look for other options in the future.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
sonny k, General Manager at Holiday Inn Auburn - Finger Lakes Region, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
Dear Guest. We appreciate the time you have taken to write a review regarding your stay with us. We are saddened that your experience was less than satisfactory. Our goal is to provide the service level that our guests have come to expect from us. Unfortunately it appears that we have fallen short of that goal during your stay. We are happy to report that the plans for renovation of our guest rooms as well as the workout room are in place and we hope that we would have the opportunity to be able to have you stay with us again to show you first hand all the improvements that we will be making soon.
Thank you again for your feedback.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Albany, New York
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Great on site restaurant. Authentic Irish pub... Front desk staff fast and friendly. Clean rooms. Great atmosphere. The staff made things fun and got people excited in the bar. All around a great place to stay and play.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Innovateme
sonny k, General Manager at Holiday Inn Auburn - Finger Lakes Region, responded to this review, 12 April 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review. It is always heartwarming and encouraging to hear from our valued guests. We appreciate the kind words and look forward to being of service in the future should you find yourself in our neck of the woods again. Our staff is extremely happy that we have been able to provide the level of service you have come to expect from us.
Sonny K.
North Chili, NY
Reviewed 20 January 2014

We recently stayed at this hotel with my sons' hockey team for a local tournament. There were several teams in the hotel at the same time for this tournament, so there were many 9-10 year old boys. To say it was chaotic at times is an understatement but not at all unexpected.

The hotel layout is somewhat conducive to hosting such an event. There is a central atrium where the pool is located, with many balcony rooms overlooking the area. One meeting room off the atrium was set up for knee hockey and there is also an arcade as well. There is also a gathering/dining area adjacent to the pool for breakfast, etc.

Our room was just ok. We were at the end of the hall, away from most of the noise. Our furnace was very fickle - it would not kick on unless the temperature was set to at least 70. But then it would get very warm in the room - the thermostat was obviously not reading the ambient temperature correctly. The unit was also making an occasional high-pitched squeal. We decided to live with it as we were already unpacked. The shower drain also was not functioning properly and our showers turned into baths. The lack of vent fans in the bathroom caused condensation to literally rain down from the ceiling.

The beds were small but fairly comfortable. The TV sat pretty low on the dresser and was a little hard to see from the bed. Rooms were small but adequate.

The manager on duty was pretty uptight the one night we were there. She obviously was not thrilled at the mass of children in the pool area. She actually blew her whistle (yes, the manager apparently carries a whistle) and asked any child who's parent was not inside of the fenced-in pool area to exit the pool. The parents were all in the atrium but at the tables outside of the fenced-in pool area. Not that the children paid much attention to the drill sergeant anyway. As for the parents, we were also rudely asked not to use the tables and chairs in the atrium, which are open and available, with no signage asking not to use it. We used them anyhow as there was really nowhere else for groups to convene and eat/talk. And outside of the pool and knee hockey room (which was often filled to capacity), there really wasn't anything else for the kids to entertain themselves with.

The special "rate" was not very special, but they provided a hot breakfast which helped to offset the higher-than-normal group rate for basic accommodations.

If this hotel desires to host the hockey crowd, which I assume they do given the pre-printed rule and information sheets provided at check-in specifically for hockey families, they have a funny way of showing it. There are other reputable options in the Auburn area that I'd consider next time.

Room Tip: If you want a quiet room, ask for one at the end of the hall. Rooms overlooking the pool have a bal...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank jjb5199
sonny k, General Manager at Holiday Inn Auburn - Finger Lakes Region, responded to this review, 22 January 2014
Dear Guest,
We appreciate the time you have dedicated to write a review regarding your most recent stay with us. We are saddened that you experience was less than satisfactory. As you mentioned, we have always in the past and also for future times, love to be able to provide service to all our groups which including our hockey gatherings. However, being a hotel, I am sure you can empathize with the fact that we have many guests from different walks of life with different needs and expectations when they stay at any hotel. It is also our responsibility as a service provider to ensure the comfort and the privacy of all our gusts and to make sure that our guests who are not part of the group and are staying at the hotel perhaps for a quiet evening are serviced properly as well. With that said, I would like to apologies if in fact our manager on duty had resorted to using a whistle or was anything less than respectful. I assure you that we will address your concerns and will resolve any shortcoming to ensure satisfaction for all our valued guests. We do hope that you would give us the opportunity to be of service in the future.
Thank you again for your review. We value your feedback greatly.
Sayre, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 30 December 2013

On a recent business trip, I had my first opportunity staying with Holiday Inn. I stayed at the Holiday Inn in Auburn, NY. As this was my first experience with Holiday Inn, I was pleasantly surpised with how nicely the staff treated me and how helpful they were. As I was there for business, the front desk put me in a quiet part of the hotel. This was very accomodating for my needs. In addition, the rooms were very clean and well maintained. The on-site pub had very good food and was a helpful convenience being in the hotel. Overall, I had a wonderful experience staying with the Holiday Inn of the the Finger Lakes Region. I would definately stay with them again.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
sonny k, General Manager at Holiday Inn Auburn - Finger Lakes Region, responded to this review, 31 December 2013
Dear Guest
we thank you for making us your hotel of choice during your recent stay. We trust our team was able to meet your travel needs. It's always encouraging to know that we were able to create a pleasant experience for our guest.
Thank you again for your review and we wish you a very happy new year.
Commerce, Georgia
Reviewed 25 December 2013

Clean with a great location, this hotel is nice and the staff is friendly. I will stay here again. This hotel books up during football season. My room was a suite with two rooms, the price was the same as a regular room. Holiday Inn should keep this rate in place during off peak times. It's very nice to have a larger space when traveling, even for only two people. Me and my wife enjoyed this hotel. Thank You!

Room Tip: Check all the bedding options, a two room suite was the same price as a regular room. All that space...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Dear Guest,We sincerely appreciate your review and the time you have dedicated in giving us your feedback. we are extremely happy that our team was able to create a relaxing and pleasant experience for you. We look forward to seeing you again .
Sonny K General Manager
Finger Lakes Wine Country, New York
Reviewed 24 December 2013

I booked a group of my employees in this hotel for work. The entire staff was accomodating and helpful to me. From the sales office who managed our ever changing reservations to the front desk staff who assisted with our needs, everyone was wonderful to work with. The convience of having a pub in the hotel was a blessing following several long days. My room was comfortable and clean the entire time I was there.
We have also used this hotels facility for 2 dinner events, and both were handled professionally and went off seemlessly.

Please pass along my thanks to the entire hotel staff for their hospitality to my group and I.
I will continue to use this hotel for my stays in Auburn.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
sonny k, General Manager at Holiday Inn Auburn - Finger Lakes Region, responded to this review, 27 December 2013
Dear Guest, We sincerely appreciate the fact that you have taken the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. We are pleased that we were able to be of service, and have a positive impact on your journey. We appreciate your heart warming comments and look forward to being of service in the future for all your lodging needs. Thank you again and, may all your journeys be safe and full of joy.
Have a great new year
General Manager Holiday Inn Auburn Finger Lake
Watkins Glen, New York
Reviewed 24 December 2013

I have stayed at this hotel a few times while in the area for work. The rooms are always clean and comfortable, the hotel itself is well maintained. There is a very nice pub in the hotel with good food and cold Guiness.. The staff is definitely the highlight here, everyone I have dealt with has been extremely helpful, courteous, and welcoming. I would highly recommend this hotel and will be back!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank tpaxhyt
Dear Guest,
We are extremely happy that your stay with us was to your satisfaction. We look forward to being of service for your next visit. It is important for us to hear our guest’s point of view as it allows us to always remain focused. Thank you for taking the time to write a review.
Have great new year
Sonny K
Also consider these accommodations in or near Auburn
Inn at the Finger Lakes
Finger Lakes Lodging
Finger Lakes Lodging
#5 of 7 in Skaneateles
Ramada Plaza Geneva Lakefront Resort

Been to Holiday Inn Auburn - Finger Lakes Region? Share your experiences!