We stayed here on a Saturday night, while attending a wedding in the area. Unfortunately, we didn't preview amenities since this was the hotel reserved by the wedding couple. Since the Holiday Inn has a fairly good reputation, we thought everything would be fine. The hotel was beautiful and very clean and the staff was friendly. However, several "little" things added up to a big disappointment for us.
Their check-in time was very late -- 3:00 -- and the wedding started at 3:00. Along with many other guests, we arrived early in order to change into our wedding attire after traveling. We had hoped for an early check-in, but the staff said "No" and they wouldn't budge. They said they had to "get their housekeeping staff together," whatever that means. Consequently, we had to change our clothes in the public restrooms -- not an easy feat. We were off to a bad start because they couldn't grant us this small courtesy.
When we booked the room, we were told we were getting the "wedding rate." On our return trip, we stopped at a rest area and got a copy of "Hotel Coupons.com" and discovered that we actually paid MORE than the usual Friday/Saturday rate, which is $159.00! We didn't get a wedding rate after all, and we feel that all the guests were duped. They wouldn't have known this unless they saw a copy of this booklet.
Check-out time was at 11:00 a.m.; however, at 10:00 a.m. the housekeepers were knocking on our door. We were not ready to leave yet!
Last, but not least, we were also disappointed to find out that breakfast wasn't included at such a big, pricey hotel. We, like most travelers, look forward to and expect this amenity; it's a big plus.
All of these things may not seem so bad, but put them all together and they make for a big letdown. We stayed at the Holiday Inn for the convenience of getting a shuttle to the wedding site and to be with the other guests. In retrospect, we would have been better off if we'd looked around the area to find another hotel or motel. In the past, we thought highly of the Holiday Inn, but our feelings have changed. Yes, little things do mean a lot.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Auburn, NY is located in the heart of the spectacular Finger Lakes Region of Central New York. Come take a swim in our indoor-heated pool or relax with dinner and cocktails in McMurphy's Authentic Irish Pub. When you stay with us, you can enjoy shopping at Waterloo Premium Outlets and Bass Pro Shops, tour the wineries on the Cayuga Wine Trail and Seneca Wine Trail, visit our local historic sites, or enjoy a show at the new Merry-Go-Round Playhouse Finger Lakes Musical Theatre Festival. We are in the center of it all. Stay at the Auburn/Finger Lakes Holiday Inn and visit the scenic village of Skaneateles. We look forward to seeing you soon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Southall Travel, IHG, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Auburn - Finger Lakes Region reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Auburn - Finger Lakes Region Hotel Auburn
- Auburn Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Auburn - Finger Lakes Region NY