“Lavish selection of food - especially good sushi”
Review of Circles Event Cafe

Circles Event Cafe
Ranked #1,062 of 1,416 Restaurants in Makati
Price range: US$30 - US$40
Cuisines: Asian, International
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Buffet, Reservations
Description: When it comes to engaging, casual dining, Circles Event Cafe captivates food lovers with its fascinating open-theatre kitchens. Each station features its own selection of specialties, ranging from cold appetisers to seafood, Western cuisine to Asian cuisines, and desserts.
Reviewed 23 May 2014

From Chinese and Indian, to Japanese and Italian, you will find a superb selection of extremely well-prepared and presented food here. Very hard to stop going back for more sushi and sashimi, which was outstanding. Recommended.
The only criticism is that it's just a little lacking in atmosphere and has something of the canteen about it. Perhaps it's all the glass-fronted counters and glass-topped tables; but other buffets in smart hotels somehow make the experience feel a little more sophisticated. I certainly wouldn't choose here for an intimate dinner. Having said this, I reiterate: the food is excellent!

1  Thank BOwm23
There are newer reviews for Circles Event Cafe

Reviewed 14 May 2014

Best buffet in the Metro.
While the price may seem too steep, shelling out that amount is worth-it for this buffet. The food is top-notch and the selection is enough to satisfy any sort of craving.
I had to remind myself to leave room for dessert and I'm so glad I did. While other buffets in town have desserts with those little cakes that all taste alike, Circles serve desserts that are diverse and delicious! The white chocolate carrot cake certainly left me wanting to go back just to taste it again.

1  Thank kenshen
Reviewed 11 May 2014

For the record, We always celebrate in Circles Event Cafe. My family has been eating here for 4 or 5 years now, celebrating birthdays, Christmas Day, Fathers' and Mothers' day and all other occasions. Just this year, we've been to Circles every month. My comments: First, they asked me to pay in advance for the Mothers' Day lunch. However while I was there I saw so many tables were paying on the spot. They also asked for the receipt from me before they showed as to the table, and they had it for over 30 mins. Second, the food was ordinary considering that today was a special occasion. The lechon/ roast pig was tough. Third, there were a lot of flies circling around. If that wasn't bad enough, after we finished our lunch, we stood up, then the waiter approached us and asked us for our receipt and if we had our receipt photocopied, which was a bit embarrassing considering that they had our receipt for over 30 mins! It was as if we had not paid for our lunch. I've already made reservations for Fathers' day like a month ago, but experiencing this kind of treatment, I might change my mind in eating in this restaurant. It seems it doesn't have the efficiency of a "5-star hotel". I hope they can make changes... because if this continues, sorry, but I might think twice before eating here again

1  Thank kayl1828
Reviewed 4 May 2014

What ever the meal Circles is still the best buffet in Makati. Ordering "A La Carte" is possible but the service is very slow, stick to the buffet.

1  Thank The Big L
Reviewed 15 April 2014

I have come to the circle many times, and its lunch buffet has never failed in consistency and quality. First of all, the layout is very even and not crowded. They have Japanese, Chinese, Indian, Filipino, American and continental food choice.I enjoyed the shrimp, sashimi and sushi for appetizer. I also had some dimsum and tempura. My favorite is the prime rib of course. I like their dessert especially since they have the sugar free section that is absent in other buffet. My favorite is the dragon fruit and their sphere pastry, very colorful spherical chocolate with different fruit and cream fillings. All in all a very good lunch.

1  Thank jdchua521