“Frustrating 30 minute cashout and loyalty card reject. This is not a Shangri-la.”

Dining at Makati Shangri-La Manila
Ranked #3 of 1,431 Restaurants in Makati
Price range: US$50 - US$60
Cuisines: Asian
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Brought my spouse and 6 colleagues here for the Turkish week buffet menu on the 5th.Food quality and presentation was excellant but service left a bitter taste in our mouths. 5 servers and the resto manager took over 30 minutes at 10 PM to figure out how to bill us out using our VAT exempt cards. Then the resto manager told me I was unable to collect points on my gold circle card for my spouse's meal. Really? Keep your points. This is not a Shangri-la, too many other options available in the area.

4  Thank UmairR

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Makati Shangrila has a reputation for good food. Their Japanese restaurant, Inagiku is excellent and their Chinese restaurant also very good. For big appetites, their buffet at Circles is hard to beat! But Sage is an excellent place for quiet lunch and dinners. Last August 2 was our 43rd anniversary and my wife together with our grown up children had lunch there. It was my first time. But my wife and children had been there several times before. They had a buffet appetizer, very good selection, not overpowering, but very well selected. Then from the menu, a choice of one each from the starter and main course. Plus unlimited lobster brought to the table! There was also a meat carving station where steaks, lamb, etc., can be selected. After coffee or tea, there is also a dessert bar.

Sage is located at the second floor, the place where the old Conways was. My old favorite breakfast place, Red Restaurant at the ground floor is now a bar. Dianne, the receptionist told me that Sage also serves buffet breakfast, which I would like to try.

The place was quiet, no children running around, suitable for a quiet lunch for business or family. Attentive and friendly staff, but well, my daughter ordered the ossobuco, and it was a lot delayed. The presence of the lobster made up for the delay, I guess.

The ambiance matched the good selection.

I will be back.

2  Thank Tiny M
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I went to the Shangri-la for the International Buffet on Sunday. After dining at the Sofitel - Spiral restaurant, I was very disappointed. The service was mediocre. I say mediocre because the Sofitel staff were extremely good. Secondly, the food choices were not that good or expansive. The Sofitel that three times more vairety. You will pay a little more but it it truly worth it. The deserts was not what I expected. I had heard alot about the buffet and I was disappointed. Finally, I can sum it up that the staff in the restaurant were up to providing the level of service expected from a fiver star hotel.

4  Thank Gedion Y
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Personalized service,thank you rodel,Leonor,Jane, Leo, Henry,Mike,Jun, chef William,Mariel,Riza,Mildred Jun lagatuz you made our 20th wedding anniversary remarkably amazing!!!no !! Awesomeness too!!!

Reviewed 24 July 2014

The best place I've stayed and it's complimented by the great food and over the top service. I was able to try a lot of the local foods and it was a pleasant surprise. The hotel looks great, the servers were on top of everything while keeping a positive and pleasant attitude.

We tried the lobby food - 4/5
The Buffet - 5/5
Sage - 5/5

Only can recall one dish that was not to my liking which was a chicken entree inside the buffet but that was at the end of their breakfast and beginning of lunch so may of been bad timing. Overall the selection of menu items and restaurants made the trip one of a kind. Can't wait to go back and eat more!!