“Would not stay again”
Review of The A.Venue Hotel

The A.Venue Hotel
Ranked #40 of 86 Hotels in Makati
Reviewed 29 October 2013

We stayed here two times on our way through Manila. The first time they upgraded us free of charge to a one room suite. The second time we were given a one room suite free of charge again, but it was a bigger room. Bathrooms are nothing special, water was not very hot. Second room was overlooking the Saturday night market in the parking lot and the music was loud well past 10pm. There is a Market Place right next door along with some great restaurants close by. The first time we stayed we asked for a metered taxi to the airport in the morning and they got us a flat rate taxi that was over double what we paid from the airport. Second time we walked to Makati Ave and found a metered taxi on the first try. Would not stay again for the price.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Emily B
AntelHotel, Manager at The A.Venue Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2014

Our sincerest apology for not meeting your expectation, we shall review your feedback and do the necessary actions.

With regards to the car service concern, we do have our own trusted car service with our own trusted drivers available 24 hours or you may also ask for a metered taxi to go around the city or directly to the airport with a lower cost, availability of a metered taxi usually depends on the time you require it.

Again, we do apologize for the inconveniences and hoping that you will consider staying with us in the near future to give us chance to recover.

Reviewed 23 October 2013

I spent two nights at this hotel. The rooms are pretty comfortable but the customer service was pretty poor.
My first experience of the customer service was turning up at reception to be told the room I had booked was in the hotel next door and not that hotel. Warning signs were already appearing!! After hauling my luggage around to the other hotel Avenue A Suites I attempted to check in. I'd arrived a little early so knew there was a possibility I may have to wait. I was told I'd be able to check in at 2pm so I left my baggage with them and came back promptly at 2pm to check in. The room wasn't available and I was told I was going to have to wait. It then appeared there were another 30 people waiting to check too. I waited just over an hour to check in which was really frustrating. I also had a similar experience the following day and it appeared the recepton staff were very disorganised and verging on being rude to some of their customers.
That being said the room was comfortable and clean. The corridors outside the rooms are quite echo'y so you can hear quite a bit of the sounds from other guests and cleaners.
The hotel is is not really in Makati itself bit in P Burgos which is a bit of a seedy area and you will often get hassle by 'massage' women around the area of the hotel which gets annoying. I wont be going back...

Room Tip: Don't accept a room in Avenue A suites but ask for a room in the main hotel.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo

We would like to extend our sincerest apology, we shall review your feedback and do the necessary actions to improve the service we are offering.

We are hoping that you will still consider staying with us and allow us to give you a superior customer service.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

I stayed here for a month and the first night the air conditioner leaked water in my room and the next day the toilet leaked water all over the bathroom floor and to get if fixed was a nightmare it took three days and then they finally moved me into another room....The bathroom is very small and you sit on the toilet and your knees are just about touching the wall opposite the toilet and no I'm not a big lady....The service here is terrible they are very slack and don't really care about your needs as long as they have your money......I stayed here for a month and if I hadn't paid it up front I would of left the first week...In fact I stayed away in Palawan for three nights even though I paid here and they were great there.....The location is good and the food around a the area was nice.....If you stay for a long period get your washing done by a place outside of the hotel they are great and cheap 350pesos to 2300 pesos at the hotel....The only good thing about the hotel was the location and one particular hotel maid named mallo she was great and very good at her job and very friendly....

Room Tip: My tip don't stay here if you want to be treated with respect and listen too as they don't c...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
AntelHotel, Manager at The A.Venue Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2014

Our sincerest apology for the inconveniences you have encountered, we shall review your feedback and dealt with it to improve our service.

Reviewed 11 October 2013

The hotel is located in the centre of Makati & is a good place to stay. The location is very good with a 24x7 store next door. The street food places, a mini mall & food outlets are within walking distance. The rooms are comfortable, neat & clean. There is a nice gym for the fitness freaks. I really enjoyed my evenings around the poolside with cool breeze blowing across. Wifi is good & staff is helpful. The only problem I had was getting a cab in the morning. One would have to wait for upto 30 mins to get a cab. Otherwise the place is a good bargain at the price its offered. Will not mind staying over again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank SumitChhajer

Thank you so much, we are happy to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us, looking forward to welcome you back in the near future...

Reviewed 10 October 2013

It is a decent hotel but with a poor service. I am on a business trip and I did not expect much but I at least deserve to have a proper breakfast. Breakfast timing is 6.30-10.30but if u go around 8-9 nothing is left! Second important thing they have mosquito problems in the room. If you are allergic you shud think twice.. location of the hotel is pretty ok. Its an average hotel with this kind of a price but I recommend to look for a better option even if its 10 bucks more expensive. You anyways end up paying for your own breakfast even though u book bed and breakfast...

• Stayed: October 2013

Thank you for the feedback, we would like to extend our sincerest apology for not meeting your expectation and for the inconvenience you have experienced, we will definitely look into your concerns and proper actions will be done to improve our service, hoping that you will still consider staying with us to give us another chance.

Reviewed 9 October 2013

So Being a Westerner after a 17 hour flight I felt like the first thing I should do is dive right into the bed. Literally. Oops. Ouch. I guess they don't use the same mattresses that you find on Leicester square. Really above average stay here. High Ceilings, comfy room (if you like your bed as hard as a rock) toothbrush, slippers, robes, shampoo bottles, soaps, safe, etc!
you are right in the heart of Makati here so you are just going to have to deal with the traffic. Otherwise, Magnificent stay and magnificent service.

Note: I dont know what it is about the best westerns in Manila. Ive stayed at all three and can honestly say they rank one, two and three when it comes to quality/value in Manila. (and you should see some of my other accomodations)

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank SonicSpringBok

thank you for your review SonicSpringBok

Reviewed 8 October 2013

This hotel is a good place to stay in Makati when visiting Manila. The location is good, there's a street food market right out in front, a large grocery store, a 7-11 next door, and a good amount of bars/restaurants within walking distance. I stayed in a suite and it had a bedroom, kitchen, and living room area- all were nice and clean. They had free wifi, a pool, and pretty good cable tv. The one negative was that the showers were lacking hot water, not a huge problem.

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank GiggaMan

Thank you for your review, we shall use your feedback to improve our service, apology for the water heater concern, rest assured that our engineering department will do the necessary, looking forward to welcome you back in the near future.