“average”
Review of The A.Venue Hotel

The A.Venue Hotel
Ranked #40 of 86 Hotels in Makati
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Pros - Near A. Venue and SM Grocery store
- friendly staff
- clean & spacious. availed one-bedroom room with small kitchen
- They are not that strict on the # of people in the room.

Cons
- AC inside the room is broken, it became noisy during dawn and was no longer releasing cool air regardless of adjusting the thermostat and water eventually leaked afterwards so we had to turn it off and make do with the AC in the living room.
- internet inside the unit is intermittent and slow
- there are no plates and utensils in the kitchen that you can use to prepare your food. There are only a pair of coffee cups with saucer and teaspoon. (I'm not sure if you can request though).

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Liberatingjepoy, Public Relations Manager at The A.Venue Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Best Greetings Mrl t!

Thank you for choosing us your destination and accommodation with your friends. As for your report, I would love to inquire further on the details as some rooms of the hotels are having ongoing maintenance and if your room needs one then I could have suggested a room transfer to guarantee your full comfort. The utensils and other kitchenwares are available upon request by simply dialing the Front Desk or Housekeeping.

Again thank you and see you soon!

Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

I stay on that hotel many times but these time it's the bad time when my two phone stolen from my room the day before my flight when I report to the hotel I didn't see any care and the proms me the will feedback me on my email but until now nothing means the guest not that important or the one do it is from inside the hotel so I won't stay there agin and I don't recommend it to any one

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
12  Thank Hatem B
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

My partner and I stayed here on our way back to Australia. I found this hotel great for a two night stopover. The room was clean and spacious. The bed was comfortable and pool was beautiful.

There are plenty of food options close to the hotel so you don't need to spend an hour on a taxi trying to get somewhere.

I would stay here again if I was to return to Manila.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Best Greetings to you Jameshil!

Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience with us. We at BEST WESTERN PLUS Antel Hotel would love to listen to the sentiments of our guests.

See you soon!

Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

Thumbs Up: The 2 Bedroom Suite was perfect for our family - decently condo size units. Enjoyed the outdoor pool. Arrived at about 11:30am and Early Check-In was a breeze. Good Housekeeping ground staffs - very accommodating.

Improvements: Carpets and Curtains a bit dusty (not good when travelling with children). For an Apartment - lacks Cutleries and Dining wares. No Drip Mats at the Pool Lift Lobby - 5th floor (though we usually dry ourselves up and wait a few minutes so we're not dripping wet)- was even phoned to use the service lift if wet, when the fact was we were the one who asked the janitor to mop the drips of the previous user. If this was the case, it would be helpful to have signages for pool users to use the service elevator (because not all pool users have the courtesy to dry themselves up). Not too courteous pool staffs! Reminders/Advisory at the Pool - A large Notice Board would be very helpful! Asked the housekeeping to check the shower - hot and cold not working and politely told us that the engineering department will check on it but no one showed up.

Would definitely come back again and would be great to see the improvements. Especially at the pool.

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 15 June 2014

it was a bad experience from the beginning. my wife and 3 year old sone after a 14 hour journey were exhausted. we arrived the hotel at 1.30pm. and i was told check in time is 2.00pm so i have to wait 30 mins. fair enough. there was no room to sit down so we stood there until checkin. after 1 hour wait i told them that we are exhausted and need the room. so they said the room is not ready still. finally after checking in.. i booked the 2 bedroom apartment and it didn't look anything like the pictures in agoda. no problem i was there for just one night as i have a flight the next day. the pillow cases have holes in them, no minibar, there is cracks and rust everywhere. what ruined my stay was the checkout. the receptionist is arrogant and didn't care that i wanted to checkout and made me wait 1 hour. in the end i fetched my own luggage from the room because their bell service was too lazy to get them. first time i was asked to get the luggage from my the room on my own. i was late for my flight by 15 minutes, it was non refundable and the ticket got cancelled, so i had to rebook again a very expensive ticket as it is last minute. all in all not worth the trouble, much better hotels out there in the same price range.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
7  Thank Fazeel2014
Reviewed 30 May 2014

First time they opened I can say it was the best of 4 stars? category apartment suites in Makati. Now you have to look first at their place to see if they have a vacancy in the tower with the serenity suites. I do like the spacey suites and the cleanest is in this new tower.. I booked the 2 bedroom and it had 2 toilette bath which was very good for us.

We needed to pack etc. and cant be really go out too long so the mini kitchen is very convenient. just bought or ordered food and ate in the small dining table.The sitting room had the space that we needed and had clean bathrooms as well. I say that the price is very good for the place and I will stay here again given the chance, for its convenience and location. And that it is close to supermarkets and place of eateries .While not far from the Ayala Malls or night life in Makati.

Room Tip: Choose the higher floors and rooms in the serenity suites.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 May 2014

first - there are two towers - one appeared new, the other was not; we were in the not-so-new looking tower. the hotel doubles as a residence/condo on the top floors, and our room happened to be set up as such - it had a small kitchen, bathroom, bedroom, living room, and small nook with a table - so it was very spacious. there were also AC units in the living room and bedroom, so that was great to deal with the heat.

they accommodated (for a fee) a extra cot to sleep on, which was helpful.

+'s: clean, spacious room; good AC;
-'s: hallways were dark/dingy, lighting in the room was equally as dark; though there was wifi, the signal was very weak;

the area itself is not great; it has a sketchy mall (nothing like mall of asia) and it is a few blocks away from the red light district.

we did not book a second night.

Room Tip: try and stay in the new/main tower. if you are looking at the two towers from the street, stay in t...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family